IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

The message should be removed. You can't come here and simply accuse ...

Of course he can .. called freedom of opinion :D

Are his claims thin, uncalledfor, unsubstantiated, kinda useless, etc? YES they are!

But same are all the "AO sounds better than ...(everything)..." msges from people who never ever performed a minimal side-by-side test with two PCs (one withAO one without). Which afaik, is *every* single claim in this thread.

Doesnt even matter if AO works .. as long as there are no minimal tests, that out-of-the-blue rant has the exact same value as the rest of the thread. And many around here are surprinsingly upset to hear their 'own medicine'.

P.S.

judgin by his english that dude is asian, he kinda sounds like ppang. And that 'direct audio without card' claim may not be bollocks. I remember readin a chinese language forum where ppl were building a crude spdif-like sound output (aes?) directly from MB...properly isolated &all. The whole thread did sound very competent but googletranslate is just too much pain and you cant use it to post.

PPA (Pang) is a partner of us. Check out his homepage, many links to our page. I think we cover most of the EU and at least part of the US business for him...

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

PPA (Pang) is a partner of us. Check out his homepage, many links to our page. I think we cover most of the EU and at least part of the US business for him...

Seriously doubt that was ppang.. I'm sure he has better things to do :)

But that guy's english sounds very similar... as in "coming from the same part of the world".

So what's your point? What does this person's race/nationality have to do with anything?

not much :)

just connecting some dots who say that the poster & his msg *may* be very real ... some ppl 'concluded' that it was all some sort of fake/bad-joke and I somewhat disagree.

I believe this is the proper place to ask this.

Can someone reply to this comment that was posted on a different forum.

"Frankly, different OS versions and reducing numbers of background processes simply will not reduce jitter, as buffering at that level will be done by the USB cards (and any well-designed D/A converter will use internal buffering which should reduce and almost eliminate jitter). But like all high-end audio, obviously people will make their own choices. "

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Jitter....a lot of discussions on Audio forums and not just computer audio. Like PPA and their products to improve audio playback in computers, this company did it for stand alone players and they had an interesting take on Jitter that may be worth reading.

What is Terra Firma?

I will not post anything more than this as not to get off topic from this Thread about Phil's excellent AO product.

"Frankly, different OS versions and reducing numbers of background processes simply will not reduce jitter, as buffering at that level will be done by the USB cards (and any well-designed D/A converter will use internal buffering which should reduce and almost eliminate jitter). But like all high-end audio, obviously people will make their own choices. "

Only worth one comment as this is not the correct place. Simple clueless engineer speak. If it was only that simple.

I believe that's accurate.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

As a user and builder of audio win baaed systems. It all matters. That is accurate

I have only my brain to tell me when its better or worse and it's very easy to hear.

Having less programs running matters as well as cpu type and speed

and what matters very as well is psu power.

Now given software like AO running on win server 2012 makes all of the above easy to pick from and do camparisons made easy.

Now psubis easy as well choose batteries or linaer but it makes a big improvemt over stock SW psu. One last thought I love j river and only use it and I buy it a few times now.

Please keep allowing SER 2012 it's really very good with your product.

Al

That's a quite accurate & pertinent assertion. USB card & DAC impl matters a lot...prolly most. However, that doesn't mean that the rest of the PC doesnt matter..both hw and sw.

OTOH, dont expect trustyourears maniacs like lil Bob above to be moved by any kind of pertinent talk or to stop talkinwiththeirears.

OTOH2, although less processes & optimized OSes cannot hurt, I'm not convinced that *this* AO optimization helps until someone does a proper side-by-side test with two identical PCs.

Oh well, that's just me I guess...the consensus on this thread seems to be that the untested coolaid sounds marvelous.

P.S.

if any of the fanboys here think about answering let me save yall some time: no, your ears are *not* proof.

Over & out.

This is *computer*audio. Stuff like X sounds better than Y doent help anyone until you explain How and Why. As I posted on another thread, investigating computeraudio with your ears is pretty much same as efficient as investigating jet-engines with your tongue.

Oh well, just killin some time here, dont get all up & rilled. And btw, being upset will affect what u hear with ur trustedears a lot more than any software optimization I know...so chill & enjoy the beats.

That's a quite accurate & pertinent assertion. USB card & DAC impl matters a lot...prolly most. However, that doesn't mean that the rest of the PC doesnt matter..both hw and sw.

OTOH, dont expect trustyourears maniacs like lil Bob above to be moved by any kind of pertinent talk or to stop talkinwiththeirears.

OTOH2, although less processes & optimized OSes cannot hurt, I'm not convinced that *this* AO optimization helps until someone does a proper side-by-side test with two identical PCs.

Oh well, that's just me I guess...the consensus on this thread seems to be that the untested coolaid sounds marvelous.

P.S.

if any of the fanboys here think about answering let me save yall some time: no, your ears are *not* proof.

Over & out.

I have been doing this well before you were born and have spoken to and met some of the best audio engineers in the field and listening is ALWAYS part of any design no matter what. You have allot to lean.

P.S.

Over & out.

This perspective is completely weak in every way. Do what you want. Buy into AO and all of its merits or don't. That's your choice. But to say you need proof first, that's where you are missing the boat. AO, WS2012, and anything else you want to test is available as a trial for free. Try it, like it, buy it. Try it, don't like it, don't buy it. It's really rather simple.

And you're completely right, our ears are not proof, YOURS ARE!

This perspective is completely weak in every way. Do what you want. Buy into AO and all of its merits or don't. That's your choice. But to say you need proof first, that's where you are missing the boat. AO, WS2012, and anything else you want to test is available as a trial for free. Try it, like it, buy it. Try it, don't like it, don't buy it. It's really rather simple.

And you're completely right, our ears are not proof, YOURS ARE!

Interesting perspective. But you conveniently 'forgot' that AO takes a lot of time & money...plus significant changes to your audioPC setup, usage patterns, etc...

If this thing gets properly tested, I (and prolly many others) will surely give it another look. Otherwise I'll just keep an eye on it and put my time & money into other experiments...of the *tested* type.

As everyone else I have limited resources...and I dont think that managing those with my ears would be particularly smart. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree about both your perspective & mine.

Prot... I honestly think your way of thinking is backwards.

My question to you, if you don't judge audio with your ears, then what by chance should one judge audio? I mean I've seen things "tested" perfectly and it just doesn't sound as good as others that don't test the same way (through various tests mind you). I think testing and having baselines can definitely be beneficial for judging equipment and can often tell stories...but it's also not the black and white, law of the land either.

So I'm not sure what you'd be looking for that is tested. Do you need noise graphs and latency measurements and what not? I mean would that make you feel like you're getting a superior product? I mean it's a lot like going and driving a car based solely on reviews and driver testing. If you don't drive it for yourself and see if it fits you then what's the point?

Yes things like this take time, money, knowledge and patience among other things... But that's what the fun is, you get to experience the little differences and say it's either good or bad. The perfect example of this is in the last update people (myself included) found the update thin sounding and through testing we were able to verify which setting we use and which we don't to make it sound like the older version while still keeping other enhancements in place.

This hobby is all about experimenting. I mean if you just want good sound and don't want to worry about it, then feel free to invest your money in an Aurender S/W10. These are amazing products with little to no issues/maintenance/configuration/setup.

For me the aurender is out of my league money wise for what it does... especially when I feel that with this setup (Win2k12 + AO + hardware upgrades) my system sounds as good and dare I say maybe even a little better than the Aurender. I've only spent a fraction of the price on my setup than I would've on the Aurender. So that means I have a lot of money to put somewhere else (or save it, which I really should do).

Anyways... to me if one does not try AO and work to get it set up properly and ask questions and see for themselves, then one can't really comment on whether it's as good as people say or not.

I have 10 different audio players (3 Mac, 3 Linux, and 4 Windows setups) and I can say without issue that Win2k12 + AO is by far my favorite from a sound perspective. It's not the easiest to use, as I like Foobar2000, but it works flawlessly for me and the fact that it boots in 10 seconds (to playing music) and shuts down in about 5 seconds that makes it feel like a piece of audio equipment.

THe guy is a troll just making trouble . Nothing he says makes my sense it's just jabber.

The software works period. Not saying someone could not do it without it. But that person would have to be extremely computer savey and spend many hours to achieve it.

This is easy and almost for dummies.

I Own a high end msb stack umt plus no two psu,s. Plus the dac. And this AO setup bests it and it can be tailored with digital filters to alter the sound as well. It's just the best thing I have found . And 1/4 of the price .

Al

Hi Phil,

I wanted to ask if you have managed to ever try Dirac under the AO. the Dirac Audio Processor doesn't start up anymore after optimising the system. After resetting the AO it starts up again. I'd like to use Dirac to integrate my Sub with my main speakers since Dirac not only corrects for room acoustics but also corrects the timing between Sub and main speakers so it's a very worthwhile program for me to use.

Kind regards,

Arjan