IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Thanks for your detailed post about your findings and experiences with my services.

once you entered core mode, you will get your "Wow" for sure! :-)

best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

right you are, traing first! Actually its very eas to do so, you can just start a command prompt while still being in GUI mode. This gives you the freedom to escape the black window whenever you want to :-)

the pinkish box is started by pressing F7 (i think...). What i mostly use in core mode is the tabulator key and the up and down arrrows. Those two things make life much easier.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Thanx guys for advices and I agree with you but still there is some things I'm not shure about..

First, can I still use Remote Desktop in core mode?

How to navigate music from external HDD, send songs or .cue files, remove songs to JRiver when in core mode using TC? I understand that when I type jriver.exe player will show up like in GUI mode...

Some help on this will be highly appreiciated :-)

@AlRAINBOW

I do agree with you about PSU-s but I have laptop using his own battery and connected to Transparent Audio power conditioner... no room for dual boxes and too much cables...

How much better is core mode over minimal server? I have all my music on a nas but could connect it via usb to avoid copying files around in core mode, which would drive me crazy.

Copying files around? How do you play your music?

I use JRiver, which I've set to automatically monitor the folders where I store my music. Since my music drives are on my network, I do most of my library maintenance with a different computer (my laptop, which has a full GUI) and JRiver automatically detects any changes.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Has anyone used Tidal successfully while running AO?

I have got TIDAL running with AO in gui mode, but not minimal server or core modes. The limitation is the need to have the sound control panel working so that your Chrome browser or the Tidal app can find the chosen default device driver for playback. Perhaps there is a way to do this in minimal server if first the right default is set in gui mode. Also, perhaps there are command line commands that can set the default device and/or start the sound panel in core mode, but someone else will have to come up with these for us.

I have a similar issue but as I use RDP to access my headless CAPS-like box remotely and it is in Core Mode I am mostly cut off since making MC19 my shell. The only way I could figure out to get to the AO utilities was to use JRiver and choose "Open File" to browse to c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

You can get to any file or run many programs connected to your server by expanding Drivers & Devices in MC and then Explorer.

Yes or no :)

No.

Despite the title of this thread, AudioPhil has said that he found WS2012 to be inherently superior to the consumer operating systems, so he stopped developing for them. AFAIK, that is still the case.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Copying files around? How do you play your music?

I use JRiver, which I've set to automatically monitor the folders where I store my music. Since my music drives are on my network, I do most of my library maintenance with a different computer (my laptop, which has a full GUI) and JRiver automatically detects any changes.

As the network is disabled in core mode the server cant see the nas. I only have a 120GB SSD in it and over 2Tb of music. Any suggestions?

As the network is disabled in core mode the server cant see the nas. I only have a 120GB SSD in it and over 2Tb of music. Any suggestions?

Not true, you can keep network services on even in Core mode for this exact reason. Its part of the setup process. I have a wireless bridge that I connect to the ethernet port of my CAPS which communicates wirelessly to my network where my NAS resides. Previously I had a USB wireless adapter but this did not allow me to use Core mode as wireless is not supported in this mode.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I have got TIDAL running with AO in gui mode, but not minimal server or core modes. The limitation is the need to have the sound control panel working so that your Chrome browser or the Tidal app can find the chosen default device driver for playback. Perhaps there is a way to do this in minimal server if first the right default is set in gui mode. Also, perhaps there are command line commands that can set the default device and/or start the sound panel in core mode, but someone else will have to come up with these for us.

Thanks. From what I understand, the real benefit of AO comes through in core or at least minimal. I already run 2012R2 with some of the bios tweaks in the AO manual, but is AO worth it if I can only run it in gui mode?

I ran into this also. I keep my music on a second SSD inside my server but need the network for JRMC Remote and RDP. I have a NAS but just use it for backup.

The manual suggests that if you disable network services you can still use JRMC remote, which uses TCPIP, however when I disabled it I lost network access and therefore remote access even though I had a static IP as suggested. As I run headless and reply on JRMC Remote I had to roll back to leaving network services on. It is certainly possible that I omitted a step from Phils carefully documented manual however I work as a network engineer and am pretty used to setting up devices on a network.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I've only run core mode with the network enabled as my permanent solution. I tried it both, networking disabled (music on the media server) and with the network enabled and music on my actual server... to me there was very little to no difference....

I highly recommend core mode with networking enabled over minimal mode. Unless you need minimal for something, core is definitely recommended.

I disable all I can and just leave RDP enabled for when I want to get into it and make changes (no monitor connected to it). Works perfect fine.

Is there a benevolent and patient soul that can explain me how can i listen to music in core mode with AO ? My player is Foobar2000. I am arrived until command prompt from GUI mode to core but then...?

Sorry for my ignorance but AO is so good that i cannot resist to try core mode.

Thank you.

Paolo

intel DG31PR - Windows 7 - Straightwire USB - Berkeley USB interface - Straightwire digital - Mytek 8x192 dac - ASI liveline interconnect - Bryston 4BSST2 - ASI liveline speaker cable - USHER Be 718 - Foobar 2000 WASAPI player

You should now (that you are in Core mode) run the AO and go through the settings for your machine to set it up. You'll want to make sure you enable the option for Kernel Streaming so Foobar2000 will work. That should be it, it'll reboot and foobar should be able to start.

You can also use the service tool to start foobar2000 as the default shell, I never got it to work, so i just create a little startup batch file that makes sure my music drive is mapped and then starts foobar.