IGNORED

SOtM Mini Server - sMS-100 Announced

Hello, i inbstalled 1.3 and tried to install LMS but as few people (on french boards), LMS does not install. All the rest is updated (Squeezelite to 1.6.3, MPD to 0.18...). Below the informations during LMS installation. Any feedback to make it run ?

I read the French post and it seems only you are having an issue. One other guy reported an issue and then said it was working. I updated a few units here from inventory to test things from scratch and it worked fine each time. I have logged into French system in the past and they seem to have issues downloading files from the repository. In some cases I had to enter commands twice for whatever reason. Update the unit again, reboot and then reinstall the app...

Jesus R

Hello, read this post : at least we are 2. The guy is not saying that it was working and is waiting any update from your side.

I updated another time and it re-installed something this morning

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Complete![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]07/18/2014 05:14:47 - Updating OS packages...[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Resolving Dependencies[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]--> Running transaction check[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]---> Package cifs-utils.armv5tel 0:6.0-1.fc18 will be updated[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]---> Package cifs-utils.armv5tel 0:6.1-1.fc18 will be an update[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]--> Finished Dependency Resolution[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Dependencies Resolved[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]================================================================================[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Package Arch Version Repository Size[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]================================================================================[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Updating:[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]cifs-utils armv5tel 6.1-1.fc18 sonicorbiter 83 k[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Transaction Summary[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Upgrade 1 Package[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Total download size: 83 k[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Downloading Packages:[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Running Transaction Check[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Running Transaction Test[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Transaction Test Succeeded[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Running Transaction[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Updating : cifs-utils-6.1-1.fc18.armv5tel 1/2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Cleanup : cifs-utils-6.0-1.fc18.armv5tel 2/2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Verifying : cifs-utils-6.1-1.fc18.armv5tel 1/2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Verifying : cifs-utils-6.0-1.fc18.armv5tel 2/2[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Updated:[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]cifs-utils.armv5tel 0:6.1-1.fc18[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Complete![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]07/18/2014 05:14:59 - Upgrade complete. Please reboot[/font][/color]

After I tried to re-installed LMS (twice) and it does not work...code below.

Installation of drive mount is OK.

[b]Package install in progress...---> Package dsdplay.armv5tel 0:0.1-6.20131229gitb4a052d.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: sox for package: dsdplay-0.1-6.20131229gitb4a052d.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package logitechmediaserver-CPAN.armv5tel 1:7.8.0-0.17.20130904git1378237026.fc18 will be installed
---> Package logitechmediaserver-vendor.armv5tel 1:7.8.0-0.6.20130303git1349179762.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: mac for package: 1:logitechmediaserver-vendor-7.8.0-0.6.20130303git1349179762.fc18.armv5tel
--> Processing Dependency: lame for package: 1:logitechmediaserver-vendor-7.8.0-0.6.20130303git1349179762.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package ntpdate.armv5tel 0:4.2.6p5-8.fc18 will be installed
---> Package perl-CGI.noarch 0:3.59-235.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl(FCGI) >= 0.67 for package: perl-CGI-3.59-235.fc18.noarch
---> Package perl-Class-XSAccessor.armv5tel 0:1.13-4.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl(AutoXS::Header) for package: perl-Class-XSAccessor-1.13-4.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package perl-Digest-MD5.armv5tel 0:2.51-245.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl = 4:5.16.3-245.fc18 for package: perl-Digest-MD5-2.51-245.fc18.armv5tel
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Digest::base) >= 1.00 for package: perl-Digest-MD5-2.51-245.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package perl-YAML.noarch 0:0.84-3.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Data::Dumper) for package: perl-YAML-0.84-3.fc18.noarch
---> Package perl-YAML-LibYAML.armv5tel 0:0.38-4.fc18 will be installed
--> Running transaction check
---> Package lame.armv5tel 0:3.99.5-1.fc18 will be installed
---> Package mac.armv5tel 0:3.99-9.u4b5.fc17 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: mac-libs = 3.99-9.u4b5.fc17 for package: mac-3.99-9.u4b5.fc17.armv5tel
--> Processing Dependency: libmac.so.2 for package: mac-3.99-9.u4b5.fc17.armv5tel
---> Package perl-AutoXS-Header.noarch 0:1.02-10.fc18 will be installed
---> Package perl-Data-Dumper.armv5tel 0:2.135.06-245.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl = 4:5.16.3-245.fc18 for package: perl-Data-Dumper-2.135.06-245.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package perl-Digest.noarch 0:1.17-244.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl = 4:5.16.3-245.fc18 for package: perl-Digest-MD5-2.51-245.fc18.armv5tel
---> Package perl-FCGI.armv5tel 1:0.74-5.fc18 will be installed
---> Package sox.armv5tel 0:14.4.0-3.fc18 will be installed
--> Running transaction check
---> Package mac-libs.armv5tel 0:3.99-9.u4b5.fc17 will be installed
---> Package perl-Data-Dumper.armv5tel 0:2.135.06-245.fc18 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: perl = 4:5.16.3-245.fc18 for package: perl-Data-Dumper-2.135.06-245.fc18.armv5tel
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem[/b]

Thanks for your support

Hello, read this post : at least we are 2. The guy is not saying that it was working and is waiting any update from your side.

I updated another time and it re-installed something this morning. Thanks for your support

On the update you have to wait until it says, "Back to Main Menu" before it's actually finished updating and you can reboot.

Jesus R

Just tried another time (see screenshots) : same result !

I don't now if there is a way to force update or something else but LMS still not install.

Patatorz's unit has been fixed. I'm expecting only a few units to have this update issue and if yours does contact me via email so I can assist you.

Jesus R

Status Update:

Sonic Orbiter Version 1.3 Beta is live. Feel free to update, test and report back. The update is not reversible. The update is not documented. Unit's in inventory will ship with Sonic Orbiter Version 1.2 for now.

These are the new features for Sonicorbiter Version 1.3 Beta:

1. Logitech Media Server (LMS) is now included and runs locally on the unit. This allows playback of local radio stations and supported streaming services in combination with the SqueezeLite output mode. This allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with other gear. This allows local playback in combination with #4 below. This allows DSD/DoP streaming in combination with #4 below.

2. There is a new Software Manager that allows you install and uninstall apps as needed.

3. There is a selection box in Settings/MPD-DLNA that makes the unit compatible with the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol. Specifically, the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo apps with playlist support can now be used as controllers.

4. There is a new Drive Mounter APP that mounts USB drives, SMB drives and Vortexbox based music servers via IP address.

5. Various apps have also been updated.

Update Procedure:

1. In /APPS/Software Manager select Update and wait for a link to appear "Back to the Main Page". Do not close the GUI so you can track the update progress.

2. Reboot the unit and wait a few minutes for the system to restart.

3. In /Settings/Squeezelite name the player SOtM-Squeezelite and press save. Wait for the page to refresh.

4. In /Settings/MPD name the player SOtM-MPD and press save. Wait for the page to refresh.

5. In /Settings/DLNA name the player SOtM-DLNA and press save. Wait for the page to refresh.

6. In /Settings/Airplay name the player SOtM-Airplay and press save. Wait for the page to refresh.

Install New APPs:

1. In /APPS/Software Manager/Available APPs select an app to install and wait for a link to appear "Back to the Software manager". Do not close the GUI so you can track the APP installation progress.

USB Drive Mounting Tips:

1. In /Settings/Drive Mounter select your attached drive and enter the following path in Mount Folder Name /music/flac

2. Avoid disconnecting the drive with the unit on.

3. If you want to remove the mount select None from the device list.

4. Avoid mounting multiple drives to avoid confusion.

5. Always keep a back of your content in a safe place.

Jesus R

Patatorz's unit has been fixed. I'm expecting only a few units to have this update issue and if yours does contact me via email so I can assist you.

Jesus R

Yes fixed !!! Thanks a lot to you and andrew for support.

LMS is working but....i would like to access to the music on my NAS with LMS. So I setup the samba configuration in the drive mount and told LMS to look to music into this folder (folder name associated to the samba mounting). LMS can not find any files. Did i made a mistake or a mis-used of LMS/Drive Mount ?

Best regards

mini_20015420140719055704.jpg

Yes fixed !!! Thanks a lot to you and andrew for support.

LMS is working but....i would like to access to the music on my NAS with LMS. So I setup the samba configuration in the drive mount and told LMS to look to music into this folder (folder name associated to the samba mounting). LMS can not find any files. Did i made a mistake or a mis-used of LMS/Drive Mount ?

Best regards

You have to use forward slashes...

For the SMB Share Name use:

//totaldac-nas/music-nas

For the Mount Folder Name either leave it blank or put:

/musicnas

Jesus R

3. There is a selection box in Settings/MPD-DLNA that makes the unit compatible with the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol. Specifically, the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo apps with playlist support can now be used as controllers.

dear Jesus,

does it mean that if you install Songcast on my pc i will be able to stream any sound from the computer to the sotm ? for instance the sound of any video watched on the pc ?

thanks Jesus.

Once more, well done Jesus. Sms100 hardware is good but you make it really really perfect :-)

rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

Dear Jesus,

just followed your recommendations for SMB Share but the scan of the library in LMS does not see any files. See below the screenshots. First one with all the SMB parameters. The second one with the directory for scan in LMS.

when I enter as you recommend "//totaldac-nas/music-nas" in a web browser it does not work. When I enter "\\totaldac-nas\music-nas" it works fine...

Last question, because I made few tests, it seems that everytime we make a change in "Drive Mount" a folder is created. How to remove the wrong folders ?

Best Regards

44700420140719180939.jpg

73051220140719180608.jpg

Dear Jesus,

just followed your recommendations for SMB Share but the scan of the library in LMS does not see any files. See below the screenshots. First one with all the SMB parameters. The second one with the directory for scan in LMS.

when I enter as you recommend "//totaldac-nas/music-nas" in a web browser it does not work. When I enter "\\totaldac-nas\music-nas" it works fine...

Last question, because I made few tests, it seems that everytime we make a change in "Drive Mount" a folder is created. How to remove the wrong folders ?

Best Regards

SMB share are for advanced users and I can only provide limited support for the feature. FYI The SMB share may not make it to the official release if it causes a lot of problems for people.

The first folder (storage with subfolder musicnas) appears to be the correct one since you used /musicnas in the Mount Folder Name box. Browse the sub folder musicnas to see your content. If yes see your content point LMS to it and rescan. If you do not see your content the mount did not work. The other three folders should be empty folders created by not using / in the Mount Folder Name box. These would have to be deleted manually from command line.

Jesus R

dear Jesus,

does it mean that if you install Songcast on my pc i will be able to stream any sound from the computer to the sotm ? for instance the sound of any video watched on the pc ?

thanks Jesus.

Once more, well done Jesus. Sms100 hardware is good but you make it really really perfect :-)

rgds

I tried Songcast and I'm not able to get it to see the unit...

Jesus R

SMB share are for advanced users and I can only provide limited support for the feature. FYI The SMB share may not make it to the official release if it causes a lot of problems for people.

The first folder (storage with subfolder musicnas) appears to be the correct one since you used /musicnas in the Mount Folder Name box. Browse the sub folder musicnas to see your content. If yes see your content point LMS to it and rescan. If you do not see your content the mount did not work. The other three folders should be empty folders created by not using / in the Mount Folder Name box. These would have to be deleted manually from command line.

Jesus R

Hummmm.....SMB is not causing a lot of problems to people by itself. It cause problem because the option in "drive mount" does not seems to work. You are right, power users can do it by themselves.

So from my side, it does not work even with the right informations in "drive mount" app.

Can you provide the password associated to the root in order I can remove the useless and empty folders.

Patatorz

--------------------------

Edit :

SMB mounting is working replacing the name of the NAS bu his IP address.

32719320140719215954.jpg

Best regards

Hummmm.....SMB is not causing a lot of problems to people by itself. It cause problem because the option in "drive mount" does not seems to work. You are right, power users can do it by themselves.

So from my side, it does not work even with the right informations in "drive mount" app.

Can you provide the password associated to the root in order I can remove the useless and empty folders.

Patatorz

--------------------------

Edit :

SMB mounting is working replacing the name of the NAS bu his IP address.

Nice work! If the IP changes on the router reboot the unit and then enter the new IP. This way there is only one active mount.

Don't you think the DLNA feature is much easier to use? It just works....

Jesus R

Hello Jesus,

It worked 2 times but i experienced some issues to refresh the library (perhaps loss of ip address, NAS in sleep mode,...) and I need to enter another time the IP address. I need to check during the week end.

In fact, beyond the quality of sound I need to try I'm very sensitive to the iPad app i use. I like a lot iPeng for LMS environment and the Lumin app for openhome and also MPD.

Today I'm not able to make MPD and use MPaD with the SMS-100. But I can use Lumin app in openhome/MPD/DLNA environment and normally LMS/squeezelite with iPeng.

So I still need to figureout some problems with LMS and AIFF/DxF/DoP files and I agree the DLNA environment with OpenHome/Lumin is nearly the best for me today.

The issue is that you give me some "toys" with new features in the SOtM so I need to test :-)

Hello Jesus,

It worked 2 times but i experienced some issues to refresh the library (perhaps loss of ip address, NAS in sleep mode,...) and I need to enter another time the IP address. I need to check during the week end.

In fact, beyond the quality of sound I need to try I'm very sensitive to the iPad app i use. I like a lot iPeng for LMS environment and the Lumin app for openhome and also MPD.

Today I'm not able to make MPD and use MPaD with the SMS-100. But I can use Lumin app in openhome/MPD/DLNA environment and normally LMS/squeezelite with iPeng.

So I still need to figureout some problems with LMS and AIFF/DxF/DoP files and I agree the DLNA environment with OpenHome/Lumin is nearly the best for me today.

The issue is that you give me some "toys" with new features in the SOtM so I need to test :-)

I'll try the Lumin and Aularic Lightning APPs today as well with the OpenHome feature enabled. At least you understand that these new features are meant to be fun features. For regular use the units should just be Squeezelite and UPNP renderers...

Jesus R

informations in red rectangle concerning SMB/CIFS share : strange it does not work with the domain name. Perhpas it could be linked to the fact i did not put before the "TOTALDAC-NAS" name in caps and it could be caps sensitive... Let's see

Could be. I spent a weekend playing around with SMB mounts and eventually caved into simpler solutions:)

Jesus R

Fun Fun...i would say as SMB that it not only fun. SMB is important for me and for other people that I know. Why because my music is on a NAS in order I can play the music from the same NAS in different locations with different systems. No need to move a USB disk.

What do you call "UPNP renderers" with Squeezelite ?

Concerning the UPNP app, I would say definetly that the Lumin is the best one even if it seems that it presents some limitations in the number of albums. The Auralic Lightning Apps is new and fully buggy (no possible to clear a full playlist, crasches, etc...). Not the same maturity but it should come.

Patatorz

Don't you think the DLNA feature is much easier to use? It just works....

Jesus R

I do! For me JRiver/SOtM SMS100/JRemote is the best combination, and JRemote is better than any other control app.

On a side note, what's the status of JRiver running on Linux? It should be nice to run it on a NAS

Massimiliano

Fun Fun...i would say as SMB that it not only fun. SMB is important for me and for other people that I know. Why because my music is on a NAS in order I can play the music from the same NAS in different locations with different systems. No need to move a USB disk.

What do you call "UPNP renderers" with Squeezelite ?

Concerning the UPNP app, I would say definetly that the Lumin is the best one even if it seems that it presents some limitations in the number of albums. The Auralic Lightning Apps is new and fully buggy (no possible to clear a full playlist, crasches, etc...). Not the same maturity but it should come.

Patatorz

I have no issues streaming content (music, photos and movies) on my NAS all over the house with UPNP or LMS. There are plenty of really good APPs for this. I'm not recommending the Lumin or the Auralic Lightning APPs at this time, I'm just trying them out of curiosity. The average user will not need or want to mount anything to the unit. I'm saying this for the benefit of potential customers because I don't want all the mounting talk to distract them from the real purpose of the unit.

Jesus R

I do! For me JRiver/SOtM SMS100/JRemote is the best combination, and JRemote is better than any other control app.

On a side note, what's the status of JRiver running on Linux? It should be nice to run it on a NAS

A lot of people are using that combination. Most people are split 50/50 between the SqueezeLite output mode and MPD/DLNA output mode. I'm not sure what is going on with that project.

Jesus R

Everybody can find what is looking for with the SOtM : that's a big deal !

Massimiliano : you are right, JRiver/JRemote is great to manage a collection : a lot of possibilities, but JRiver is only PC and MAC. Linux development is not a priority so no NAS at this time. For me music on a NAS (with or without server) is a must. I don't want a PC or a MAC.

Jesus : I'm not as confident as you in the plenty of good apps. For me a good app is a mix of good possibilities, good aesthetic and easy to use. I tried most of them. You like Audionet : I hate it (too hugly, and not easy to use), BubbleUpnP : the best on android system but nos as good than Jremote. Jremote is great but need Jriver (do you know that with DSD, Jrier is loosing a lot of dynamic...perhaps not so good than others).

Seen from me, the best are the Lumin one and Ipeng7. Everybody can have a idea on that. No issue from my side.

If I was able to install LMS7.8 or 7.9 on my NAS with DSD capability and no more issue on AIFF it could have been great, that's why I was enthusistic whan you released LMS on SOtM.

So SOtM is great and removing "mounting capability" would be a big problem for me. So if could distract most of your customers perhaps I need to see somewhere else :-) . Thanks a lot for the great development and support you are doing on this great product.

hi patatorz,

if you want the server to be on the nas, you have minimserver. it can stream dsd now (i think... i do not have dsd...). Then use thru the sotm in dlna with the app you want. Too simple.

rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead