IGNORED

SOtM Mini Server - sMS-100 Announced

Yes you are correct. I forgot about the Korean connection as I bought my SMS-100 directly from Sonore.

Would you agree that the Sonicorbiter SE fills the gap left by the demise of SMS-100 at least from the Sonore perspective?

Just to (almost) bring a full stop to this thread / device ... SotM have announced a new SMS-200 which will be officially launched at the Munich Hi-End show in May.

A thread discussing it has been opened -- http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/soul-music-sms-200-unveiled-munich-hi-end-28284/

And on the SotM website -- SOtM - English | sMS-200

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The SMS-100 is no longer made. The Sonore Sonicorbiter SE is it's replacement. It's an even better value and runs a newer version of the same software with more capabilities.

Not exactly. SOtM just announced the SMS-200, which IS the replacement for the SMS-100, which was discontinued.

The Sonic Orbiter SE is a different piece of hardware that has similar functionality.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)