IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Dear all,

Is there anybody having some experience with convolution engine (BruteFIR) within the latest Daphile version? Since the output is at the fixed sample rate I am interested what determines this fixed sample rate. Is this the sample rate entered by the user or is the sample rate of the filter used (prepared with DRC or Acourate)?

Which CPU is the minimum requirement?

Thank you.

Regards.

Dear all,

Is there anybody having some experience with convolution engine (BruteFIR) within the latest Daphile version? Since the output is at the fixed sample rate I am interested what determines this fixed sample rate. Is this the sample rate entered by the user or is the sample rate of the filter used (prepared with DRC or Acourate)?

Which CPU is the minimum requirement?

Thank you.

Regards.

My only experience of it is using the BruteFIR without a sample rate filter, everything was played back at the max sample rate which I set as 192 for my DAC. So I would think if you have a convolution rate filter it'll use that rate instead.

What happens if you try it?

bottom right hand corner of the Audio Player page, hover over the buttons to find the exact one. Next to the drop down that specifies the currently connected player I think.

Is there any indicator that shows what mode this is "presently" in?

Or once it is selected to play from RAM it sticks.

Basically I just can't see any indication that it is active or any method to disable it.

Is there any indicator that shows what mode this is "presently" in?

Or once it is selected to play from RAM it sticks.

Basically I just can't see any indication that it is active or any method to disable it.

File manager/Ram Drive will show you what is in it...delete files from the Ram drive will stop them playing from it..

Yeah. That shows empty no matter what I do from Audio Player.

Do I need to copy files into the RAM drive from other folders?

I "assumed" if I pressed the "Play from RAM drive" button the playlist would move to RAM.

Or does it not work for streaming maybe? I mostly use Tidal via ickStream.

Yeah. That shows empty no matter what I do from Audio Player.

Do I need to copy files into the RAM drive from other folders?

I "assumed" if I pressed the "Play from RAM drive" button the playlist would move to RAM.

Or does it not work for streaming maybe? I mostly use Tidal via ickStream.

Doesn't work for streaming as far as I know.. spotify, tidal etc

• 2 weeks later...

This latest version does what was intended.

It does provides an audiophile player with minimal user intervention .

And believe me when I say that in standalone 64 bit CD RAM mode it sounds better than my Auralic - Aries / Vega combination.

It's that good.

In USB mode the players higher functionality is at the expense of SQ on my setup.

Try it out on any old PC initially - the website instructions are quite clear and specific.

This player deserves to be recognised as a breakthrough product.

Sure it's lacking in detailed documentation but don't be put off.

Give it a try.

It really is an audiophile player of high quality.

This latest version does what was intended.

It does provides an audiophile player with minimal user intervention .

And believe me when I say that in standalone 64 bit CD RAM mode it sounds better than my Auralic - Aries / Vega combination.

It's that good.

In USB mode the players higher functionality is at the expense of SQ on my setup.

Try it out on any old PC initially - the website instructions are quite clear and specific.

This player deserves to be recognised as a breakthrough product.

Sure it's lacking in detailed documentation but don't be put off.

Give it a try.

It really is an audiophile player of high quality.

Totally agree with this comment, it's such a simple way of getting superb sound quality my search for a media server has now ended, Daphile really can do it all. Spotify & Tidal are possible if you need those too. Very easy to setup custom views and Squeeze control makes it easy to control via a tablet/phone..

re: PCM to DSD. Once you've set it in the audio options then it is activated, you need a DSD capable DAC obviously. The info tab/logfiles/transcode/view will tell you what is currently happening plus your DAC will indicate what rate it is playing back at if it has that capability of course.

This is more of a Windows 10 question but hoping someone here can give me a quick and easy answer. A couple weeks ago after a Win10 update, Daphile disappeared from Explorer as a network drive that I can copy files to. What can I do in Win 10 to get my Daphile NAS drive back? Other than this Daphile is operating just fine.

With current latest version, I find it can't install Daphile into harddrive. In web interface system firmware, this is no harddrive "install" button avaiable now even the hardrive selection show. Currently my netbook can use wtih 32bit version only.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17952[/ATTACH]

Think it's best to let daphile sort the disk out for you when you boot..if the daphile boot disk sees the hard disk then choose to clean it from there and once fully booted you should be able to install to it.

My Audio Player page stopped working and now all it shows is: 'Local players are connected to external server'

When I first installed Daphile the Audio Player page worked for me and I was able to use the "play from RAM" feature but now am unable to do so. It stopped working about the time that I installed LMS and ickStream on my computer to stream Tidal. When I click the 'Local players are connected to external server' link, it connects me to my computer running LMS, port 9000. I've looked but cannot find the "play from RAM" selection control anywhere. Can someone please help me to get Audio Player working like it did initially? TIA.

Hello and happy new year.

Has anyone any experience of using the local user interface, Enable player control application on daphile. It does work so I can control daphile even if there is no pc or network present but the monitor on screen display is very much simpler than the normal networked screen. Any way to get the same screen.

Thanks

thyristor44

My Audio Player page stopped working and now all it shows is: 'Local players are connected to external server'

When I first installed Daphile the Audio Player page worked for me and I was able to use the "play from RAM" feature but now am unable to do so. It stopped working about the time that I installed LMS and ickStream on my computer to stream Tidal. When I click the 'Local players are connected to external server' link, it connects me to my computer running LMS, port 9000. I've looked but cannot find the "play from RAM" selection control anywhere. Can someone please help me to get Audio Player working like it did initially? TIA.

Have you made sure the correct player is selected on the lower right?

Daphile player choice.png

Hi, can someone help me setup PCM to DSD playback? I've enabled it under the Daphile settings in Server Settings, but how do I activate it? I've also set Output Volume at 100% per the note. Thanks! Hammer.

Hi, any ideas on above? Thanks, hammer

Have you made sure the correct player is selected on the lower right?

a.dent, regarding the pic that you posted, there is no player for me to select because when I choose 'Audio Player' on the top left, I no longer see what you are seeing. All I see is 'Local players are connected to external server' right in the middle of the page. I installed a copy of Daphile to a new USB drive and this time under 'General' settings I chose 'Local' Media server instead of 'External' Media server and now I am able to select my player on the lower right and I now have the "play from RAM" selection control option available to me, but since I cannot access my external LMS server I am unable to stream Tidal to my laptop running Daphile. What I want to be able to do is use the "play from RAM" selection control and have access to my external LMS server. Is that possible?

a.dent, regarding the pic that you posted, there is no player for me to select because when I choose 'Audio Player' on the top left, I no longer see what you are seeing. All I see is 'Local players are connected to external server' right in the middle of the page. I installed a copy of Daphile to a new USB drive and this time under 'General' settings I chose 'Local' Media server instead of 'External' Media server and now I am able to select my player on the lower right and I now have the "play from RAM" selection control option available to me, but since I cannot access my external LMS server I am unable to stream Tidal to my laptop running Daphile. What I want to be able to do is use the "play from RAM" selection control and have access to my external LMS server. Is that possible?

I don't think that Ram play is possible with an external LMS server but you really shouldn't need one, I used Ickstream on Daphile's LMS server before and now I don't even need Ickstream anymore since LMS now has a native Tidal plugin :

Capture.JPG

Has anyone any experience of using the local user interface, Enable player control application on daphile. It does work so I can control daphile even if there is no pc or network present but the monitor on screen display is very much simpler than the normal networked screen. Any way to get the same screen.

Thanks

thyristor44

That application is called Jivelite, I've seen builds for Mac and Windows also

Hi, any ideas on above? Thanks, hammer

re: PCM to DSD. I think once you've set it in the audio options then it is activated, you need a DSD capable DAC obviously. The info tab/logfiles/transcode/view will tell you what is currently happening plus your DAC will indicate what rate it is playing back at if it has that capability of course.

For me I set it and the DAC shows it's receiving DSD64 & the tanscode log confirms that,

re: PCM to DSD. I think once you've set it in the audio options then it is activated, you need a DSD capable DAC obviously. The info tab/logfiles/transcode/view will tell you what is currently happening plus your DAC will indicate what rate it is playing back at if it has that capability of course.

For me I set it and the DAC shows it's receiving DSD64 & the tanscode log confirms that,

Thank you. Do you know if it works if my DAC (which is DSD capable) is connected to a pc running Squeezelite? Eg., the machine running Daphile is not connected to the DAC. I would have thought Daphile will convert to DSD and then stream to squeezelite.

Hammer.

I have a mid-2010 Mac Mini that I'm not using. Could I get Daphile to run on it?

Software: Roon [depricated: Moode Audio (http://moodeaudio.org), Audirvana Plus+]

Digital: Ayre Codex [upgrading to Ayre QX-5 Twenty]; Oppo UDP-205; [depricated: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry Digi+];  Synology Diskstation 412+ NAS;  Tidal

Preamplification: Ayre KX-5 Twenty;  Amplification: Ayre VX-5 Twenty; Speakers: Vandersteen 5A 

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC, Concept tonearm, Artist v2 ebony cartridge, Ayre P-5xe, Nakamichi 630 (Tuner… just for fun)

Cables: Audioquest Aspen for speakers, otherwise Anti-cables throughout (except Audioquest running from P-5xe to K-5xeMP) 

I don't think that Ram play is possible with an external LMS server but you really shouldn't need one, I used Ickstream on Daphile's LMS server before and now I don't even need Ickstream anymore since LMS now has a native Tidal plugin :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23100[/ATTACH]

Cool! I have been using Ickstream for months now to stream Tidal and it has always seemed a bit clunky.

And as of this week I had some new Tidal material come available for play but the graphics were not showing updated cover art on the Daphile Audio Player screen. Older items are still correct, just the newer stuff is lacking.

When I look at the Tidal app on Chrome it's all there.

Think I'll switch to this and see if the interface works better than the Ickstream path.

Thanks.