IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hey Possum Jenkins,

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. I'm sorry it didn't work, but appreciate your investigation.

If anyone else has any ideas on this front, I'm open to hearing about them.

Joel

No problem.. Latest beta build now has options for selecting DSD upsampling rate, up to DSD512. Nice!

Just for the record, I tried to boot to a USB thumb drive onto which I'd installed the ISO using Unetbootin, first, and, then, USB Installer, but my Windows 10 boot security settings apparently prevent me from running a Linux-based application on such a drive. I tried playing around with the settings in my Dell XPS8700's BIOS, but didn't find anything that worked before I reached my discomfort zone. Daphile looks interesting, but, apparently, it and my machine aren't meant to play nicely together.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Just for the record, I tried to boot to a USB thumb drive onto which I'd installed the ISO using Unetbootin, first, and, then, USB Installer, but my Windows 10 boot security settings apparently prevent me from running a Linux-based application on such a drive. I tried playing around with the settings in my Dell XPS8700's BIOS, but didn't find anything that worked before I reached my discomfort zone. Daphile looks interesting, but, apparently, it and my machine aren't meant to play nicely together.

You should be able to just change the boot order in the BIOS.

Does the thumb-drive show up in the drive listing "by name"?

Has anyone tried to upsample PCM-->DSD256 or higher? Did you manage it without dropouts/hiccups?

What sort of PC equipment do you have, especially CPU+RAM?

I have an iFi Nano DSD and an AMD Athlon 5350, 2.05 GHz + DDR3-4GB RAM, but I get constant dropouts. I have no problem upsampling to DSD128 via DoP, but with DSD256 it's a problem...

Hello

Is there any way to permenantly stop the daphile wallpaper, it makes it difficult to read everything else.

Go to "Settings". There you find the button "Wallpaper Toggle" right at the bottom.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Can I just ask a rather weird question: What are the chances to incorporate HQPlayer's filters for DSD upsampling with Daphile? Is that even possible or is it a problem of copyright/licenses/etc?

Sorry if my question is stupid, but I am seeing more and more people heading towards HQPlayer, especially with the Roon integration that has already happened and everybody praises HQPlayer's ability to upsample to DSD...

This is more of a Windows 10 question but hoping someone here can give me a quick and easy answer. A couple weeks ago after a Win10 update, Daphile disappeared from Explorer as a network drive that I can copy files to. What can I do in Win 10 to get my Daphile NAS drive back? Other than this Daphile is operating just fine.

same problem here - major step backwards in usability THX Microsoft Windoze... Now have additional problem my music storage drive wont load unless set as read only (after move drive to windows machine to transfer files). Windows now loads some sqeezebox driver which I cannot uninstall to get windows to see Daphile machine as netword drive. File access seems possible as read only and not as true network drive.

Daphile wallpaper has come back. Any way for a permenant delete.

Oops! Sorry... For a permanent delete you must press the "Save & Restart" button, additionally.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

I should probably add to my previous post so I don't sound like an entitled idiot. I have sorted the issues with the storage after some work, but still no luck getting windows to see the file server. At least we have a workaround. Cannot fault Daphile at all especially considering the ease of use and sound quality. I may be imagining but I think I prefer the sound with the file server switched off anyway.

To clarify the fault is with Windows not Daphile, and I greatly appreciate the Daphile software and can only wonder why I didn't start using it sooner.

I should probably add to my previous post so I don't sound like an entitled idiot. I have sorted the issues with the storage after some work, but still no luck getting windows to see the file server. At least we have a workaround. Cannot fault Daphile at all especially considering the ease of use and sound quality. I may be imagining but I think I prefer the sound with the file server switched off anyway.

To clarify the fault is with Windows not Daphile, and I greatly appreciate the Daphile software and can only wonder why I didn't start using it sooner.

have you tried configuring Daphile to the same workgroup your windows 10 pc uses?

Please report any issues with DSD upsampling.

A strange occurrence, not really an issue.

My DAC is a music fidelity mx-dac. 24/192 and will do dsd128 over the usb. When I set daphile so it upsamples everything to dsd128 it is mostly fine except on long songs. ie Voyage 34 by Porcupine Tree is 30 minutes plus, after about 16 minutes the audio will just stop although it appears to still be ticking along in the player. Weird and all works normally upsampling everything to dsd64. It is repeatable and always cuts off at the exact same point in that particular song.

A strange occurrence, not really an issue.

My DAC is a music fidelity mx-dac. 24/192 and will do dsd128 over the usb. When I set daphile so it upsamples everything to dsd128 it is mostly fine except on long songs. ie Voyage 34 by Porcupine Tree is 30 minutes plus, after about 16 minutes the audio will just stop although it appears to still be ticking along in the player. Weird and all works normally upsampling everything to dsd64. It is repeatable and always cuts off at the exact same point in that particular song.

Is this with the latest beta?