IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Make sure Daphile is not converting DSD content to PCM on the fly. Avoid all upsampling options by not using SoX and keep DoP check box active on Audio Devices Settings (obviously using Squeezelite here). Daphile will not output native DSD content, it will always encapsulate as DoP. And your DAC should engage DoP mode also, not PCM @ 176.4K.

• 2 weeks later...
What interface are you using to connect the DAC to the Daphile computer?

And what settings do you have in Daphile for Audio Devices?

My Daphile is running on ASUS netbook. the Netbook is connect to the UD-503 by USB cable.

In "Player" section, it showed "Local players are configured for external server use"

In "Audio Device" section, daphile showed "No compatible audio devices were detected."

settings_audio_devices.png

In Audio Device you should see something like this, with your USB device active.

Originally mine came up as Disabled and I had to enable it manually.

Not sure if this helps but it's all I know for you to try.

Also, I disabled every other Audio Device I was not using just incase.

I would also try cycling the power on your DAC both before and after booting into Daphile to see if it syncs up.

I'm not so sure Daphile actually cares what the DAC manufacturer is.

It could just as easily be your PC USB HW that is the issue.

My USB DAC does not show up as any particular manufacturers device in Daphile when connected.

Just for a final validation, if the UD-503 has a SPDIF coaxial or optical input, try connecting those to the PC instead of the USB port.

This should be able to be activated in Daphile regardless of DAC.

I am using latest version of Daphile (15.08) on HP Mini 100e with Atom N455 and mini pci-e Realtek RTL8191SE WLAN card, everything works flawlessly, i have only one problem, if i enable "WiFi Hotspot" feature, Daphile cannot start withou freezing at loading up, i must hard shutdown computer and disable hotspot function in safe mode /loaded daphile version 14/ . How to solve this ?? (change wlan card from another manufacturer ? i dont know which wlan adapter is perfectly compatible with linux - daphile(gentoo))

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
New private beta version (Index of /firmware/private-beta) has BruteFIR integrated....

I may have missed it but is there a way to get the System Firmware - Status Check to find these Beta versions so that I don't have to rebuild from a new installation target drive?

When I run the check now of course it correctly states that I am running the latest available.

I didn't know if there was a way to change the location where it looked for a new build.

Recently I installed Daphile to disk after running it from a USB stick for a few months. There seems to have been a change. After standing idle for a day it does not respond to any input except from the shutdown button on the UI. Then I have to restart it and it works fine. I may as well just shut the comp down after each session. This did not occur with the USB based OS.

There is an option to spin the HDD down in one of the settings tabs. Near the CPU speed settings if you know where that is.

I think there is a warning near that option saying it could cause some setups to hang.

I do not know what the default setting for that is and I doubt you manually changed it to spin down but its a place to start.

I've been on a SSD setup for a few weeks now and I never see a hang up, just as a point of reference.

I thought maybe the UI PC might be the problem but I assume since you say the shutdown button on the UI works that the remote PC is ok.

Is your Daphile installation on a laptop? Could the power savings settings have changed wit the new installation to SSD?

Sorry if I am just hashing through things you have already tried.

Using Daphile on ECS Liva powered by 5v LPSU. Recently I attached a external CD Drive to play/rip CDs. I am able to to rip audio CDs, however can't find a way to playback CDs directly within the UI. Is Daphile capable to playback audio CDs directly without ripping like a regular media player ?

Unless the CD drive can be located under the STORAGE tab I do not think it will show up under the Music Folder in the Audio Player.

What connection type is the CD player? USB? Are you doing the ripping using the Daphile ripper?

I use an external USB CD drive with its own 12v power supply. Although the drive is not displayed under STORAGE it is displayed under CD Ripper. CD Ripper allows to rip.

Is there something you don't like about the plugin?

It's fine as it is, shows Album info and track list. I would assume Daphile would not have the CD playback function by default as it is not part of core LMS which is mainly a streamer.

With a USB external CD Drive I am hoping to eliminate my dedicated CD Player!

Where does the plugin show up when a CD is loaded, under Audio Player?

It shows as an app under MY APPS under Daphile UI and under extras under LMS UI. When launched it reads the disc and shows all possible album names it could match. After selecting the album it will load the song/track list to playlist and starts playing.

So far I feel the SQ is on par or better than a ripped flac version of the CD. But I need to do more listening to confirm.