IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Guida a Logitech Media Server, Squeezelite e derivati. - Pagina 10

Guida a Logitech Media Server, Squeezelite e derivati. - Pagina 10

Have a look at those two links on Italian NextHardware site (just Google translate, easy with Chrome browser). They are guides on how to set rt priority and various other tweaks for Daphile. Perhaps you'll find them useful.

Hi bibo01

I'm not asking how to set realtime processes....if you look at my site I have already outlined what should be set years ago.

In addition, the ability to 'set' processes in Daphile is not possible because SSH is blocked.

As my original question states, my curiosity is what 'was' set with the rt kernel implementation.

Cheers

Recently posted @ Facebook:

----------------------

Dear Daphile users,

It seems I need to clarify my previous post where I stated: ”...unfortunately for the time being I won't have enough time to respond, support or further develop Daphile". This does not mean the end of Daphile – no way. It just means that there won't be any new exciting features in the near future nor will I have time to respond the numerous support or feature requests.

However I will continue to build and release maintenance updates (incl. kernel, LMS, etc... updates) every now and then. The intermediate and more frequent beta releases will be available at http://www.daphile.com/firmware/private-beta/ and they will have the ssh access enabled (the public releases haven't had it ever). You'll be able to get the updates from there by changing the “Firmware stage” setting from “testing” to “build” at http://daphile/cgi-bin/Devel.

The release policy will be such that after I have made a new public release I'll delete all the previous private-beta versions from the hosting server. The old public releases will be stored at http://www.daphile.com/firmware/testing/old/.

Kind regards

Kimmo

Has anyone experienced problems running Daphile on SSD?

I used the Paul Pang Audio Grade SSD just fine for three months after which it suddenly and permanently refused to boot.

Now Paul Pang claims that Daphile has "some strange issues" with SSD.

Other SSD work just fine.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

So after days of playing around I have finally succeeded, with the help of some Stereonet Australia members. I am sure I tried this before but who knows - it's working now!

IP address of windows comp:/My Music

with My Music being shared with Everyone

Has anyone experienced problems running Daphile on SSD?............................Other SSD work just fine.

Sounds like BS to void your warranty. But that's only an opinion.

I've used memory sticks for the most part but recently installed on an older Samsung SSD that I repurposed. I think it's only been a week.

There is nothing stressful about running Daphile that would kill an SSD that wouldn't also kill a USB stick.

Now if you are constantly writing, deleting music files that fill up the SSD I suppose it's possible to ruin the FLASH.

Have you tried wiping it and/or reinstalling?

Sounds like BS to void your warranty. But that's only an opinion.

I've used memory sticks for the most part but recently installed on an older Samsung SSD that I repurposed. I think it's only been a week.

There is nothing stressful about running Daphile that would kill an SSD that wouldn't also kill a USB stick.

Now if you are constantly writing, deleting music files that fill up the SSD I suppose it's possible to ruin the FLASH.

Have you tried wiping it and/or reinstalling?

+1

Been running Daphile on a Samsung SSD for over a year with no problems

The SSD is for OS and Daphile only. Music is on an internal HDD, so there should be no wear on the SSD.

I tried unformatting and reinstalling, but no joy.

The dirt cheap, non-audiophile Netac SSD I now use works perfectly.

I would probably agree that he is BS'ing me to avoid any liability.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

I am curious as to whether there are any advantages to installing Daphile on a HDD compared with running from a USB stick. Any thoughts anyone?

My USB stick boots much faster than most HDDs will so no advantage there. But I also don't reboot much.

You could keep your music on the same drive if you get one large enough but now that you are an expert at setting up the network tab that seems like no advantage either. ;)

HDDs are still probably considered more durable over time than USB sticks so maybe some advantage there.

Did you figure this out? I have a USB installation of version 15.02-b120952-x86_64. I wish to update to the 15.08 Testing version (not beta) that was released Aug. 11. However, I cannot figure out how to do this without losing all my existing settings. The Settings>System Firmware page does not offer an update feature.

<snip>

- Paste the selected link to: Actions / Install / ISO-file download link >> select Install

Thank you. However, the "Actions" dialogue was missing from my first installation. It appeared after I used the System Firmware>Install to a new, empty USB key. When I restarted using this second USB key, the Action dialogue appeared and alerted me to an update available (Test not Beta) from 15.02-b120952-x86_64 to 15.08 (Aug 11).

After that, I can install Beta versions in the manner you describe.

Another question: What does the "Reset all settings to the latest firmware default" do? Just Daphile settings or LMS as well?

Reset to default will revert everything, including LMS settings.

I have yet to find any way to preserve my LMS settings when doing any type of update or installation.

Always have to re-enter the links to ickStream, Tidal, whatever.

Does the Backup function have the ability to restore LMS entries?

I just used the "System Firmware - New Installation" Feature to install onto a blank SSD.

Then I used the "Check Update" feature to update to the latest build.

Both went without a hitch and I was able to remember the steps to get all the plugins running that I always use.

Things were going well with the player but now I have an odd issue I cannot yet resolve.

All the app graphics and album art are starting to show a default graphic instead of the excellent cover and folder art I was used to.

And it seems to be getting worse no matter how many times I reboot or restart.

Any hints on what has happened?

Edit: Ok. This issue has returned and I am still on Squeezelite. All the cover art and app icons are disappearing little by little every time I change something or select a new song to play. Like they are cached but the cache is being corrupted slowly.

I should clarify this is on my remote PC running the control app screen.

Very frustrating.

Sorry I`m new for Daphile,when I use DSD over PMC My pioneer U05 DAC with no sound,Why?

I see the same thing when that box is checked in settings, and I play a .DSF file. Time ticks away but no audio out.

But when I uncheck it the .DSF file plays flawless.

It may be the DAC I/we have cannot handle DSD and Daphile is converting to PCM when the box is not checked?

No idea what is happening but try playing your files without the box checked to see if you get the same result.

I see the same thing when that box is checked in settings, and I play a .DSF file. Time ticks away but no audio out.

But when I uncheck it the .DSF file plays flawless.

It may be the DAC I/we have cannot handle DSD and Daphile is converting to PCM when the box is not checked?

No idea what is happening but try playing your files without the box checked to see if you get the same result.

My DAC Can play DSD with foobar2000,but not daphile.....

Have you guys also checked "Enable DSD-over-PCM" option @ LMS player configuration page?

I had not seen that setting before. After setting both check boxes I can now "hear" .DDF and .DSF files that are touted as DSD128 and DSD256.

But still have to turn off the DSD-over-PCM check box under the Audio Devices Settings tab to "hear" DSD64 files.

All level DSD files sample at 176.4K on my DAC so I am at a loss why some are finicky.