IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

This is more of a Windows 10 question but hoping someone here can give me a quick and easy answer. A couple weeks ago after a Win10 update, Daphile disappeared from Explorer as a network drive that I can copy files to. What can I do in Win 10 to get my Daphile NAS drive back? Other than this Daphile is operating just fine.

I am having the same issue.

What I did to get around it was open the File Manager page of Daphile on my Win10 PC.

Go to the folder in Daphile I want to place the files and press the Upload Files button at the top of the page.

A Win10 File Explorer Open screen will open showing the drives on your Win10 machine.

From there just locate the files you want to move to Daphile and press open.

Moves the files over seamlessly for me.

Hi

i run Daphile from flash drive. everything works fine. i plug usb3 external hdd 3tb western digital to store to it my music collection. but it recognise as read only drive. of course i put V in settings - storages - RW and SHARE box and then save and restart it. i can access to this folder on net, but cant copy nothing to this folder i guess it still read only. any idea? Thanks

Hi

i run Daphile from flash drive. everything works fine. i plug usb3 external hdd 3tb western digital to store to it my music collection. but it recognise as read only drive. of course i put V in settings - storages - RW and SHARE box and then save and restart it. i can access to this folder on net, but cant copy nothing to this folder i guess it still read only. any idea? Thanks

Don't you need to let Daphile clean the drive if you're connecting it to the computer that daphile is running on? You could try and connect the external drive to another comp, share it then add to daphile as a network drive as a test.

Just to add, cleaning it will wipe everything from it..

Hello,

I've already tried hard to find a hint how to activate the BruteFIR mode with Daphile with no result. On some screenshots I can see a small icon on the Audio Player screen in the lower right corner iconing some tone controls. That's not shown on my screen unfortunately. Has anybody an idea how to activate it?

I'm running newest beta of Daphile.

Thanks so much in advance,

Henning

Don't you need to let Daphile clean the drive if you're connecting it to the computer that daphile is running on? You could try and connect the external drive to another comp, share it then add to daphile as a network drive as a test.

Just to add, cleaning it will wipe everything from it..

Thanks for your reply

but my goal - run 24/7 only one comp with Daphile, rip and store my music collection on external 3tb usb drive. if i understand right i need install Daphile private-beta, access through SSH and remount RW plugged external usb drive. but its not standard way to change it. How can i fix it?

Thanks for your reply

but my goal - run 24/7 only one comp with Daphile, rip and store my music collection on external 3tb usb drive. if i understand right i need install Daphile private-beta, access through SSH and remount RW plugged external usb drive. but its not standard way to change it. How can i fix it?

Not sure I really understand what you're struggling with as I have a single Daphile setup, the OS is installed to a single SSD which also contains my music, as a test I plugged an additional USB drive and was able to write what I wanted to it after setting up the share details in Settings/Storage.

I just formatted the USB on another PC as NTFS prior to plugging into the Daphile server, that was it.

I can boot my PC with 32-bit Daphile 16.01 but can't find it on my network. What do I do? My other PC is running Windows 10 and I have an iPad connected. Both are connected wirelessly.

Dr Richard J Varey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Difficult to say without more info regarding your setup but the obvious thing would be to confirm the PC running Daphile has an IP address on the network you're connecting to. It asks you to set this up on first boot.

I may be at a loss then.

My Daphile PC is wired to my router and the PC I browse Daphile from and play music is wired.

But I can also get to it via my Ipad Mini which is wireless.

Can you experiment some by hard wiring the Daphile PC to the router temporarily?

That's the biggest difference between what you have and my setup.

There may be some firewall issue going on when you are running wireless.

And if you know how to use the ping command try pinging the Daphile PC from the command prompt on your Windows PC.

I got it running on another machine, as a wifi hotspot. But the media server crashes!

As I already have JRiver MC21 running happily on a Windows 10 machine with Fidelizer, I have, for now, given up on Linux. I was trying to get to hear Daphile to compare sound quality with MC21. So I remain in the dark about which is superior. Certainly MC21 is better for reliability and convenience.

So, I'm about to upgrade to Fidelizer Pro, so maybe that's my way forward - the Linux experiment was to see if I could get better sound at no/low cost. I also recently struck out with Audiophile Linux 'cos it was just too tricky to set up.

Dr Richard J Varey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the price (free) you absolutely will not get a better sound than Daphile. :)

But if you can't get it set up then it is of no use to you.

I had no trouble at all going wired and I'm no Linux expert. And you have to know almost nothing about Linux to use it as far as I can tell.

I'm sure the "WIFI hotspot" is most of your problem but I certainly can't help you fix that with a bunch of guessing. ;)

I see squeezelite changes its pid with every boot so I used

taskset -c -p 03 $(pidof squeezelite)

I ended up making a script and putting it into the /etc/local.d folder

#!/bin/sh

sleep 10

chrt -f -p 83 3

chrt -f -p 83 21

chrt -f -p 83 30

chrt -f -p 83 39

taskset -c -p 03 $(pidof squeezelite)

save it as whateveryouwant.start <----needs to end with .start

Going to keep playing with the chrt values until I dial it in just right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up....unbind all the usb ports [hardware] from being scheduled ie pooled. I don't use any PCIe, hd etc but I notice a whole lot of unnecessary tasks.

More about unbinding

https://lwn.net/Articles/143397/

Hi Dynobot,

A linux question, regarding the unbind, what's the advantage in using than using the rmmod? Thanks

Player for PCM44.1: Squeezebox receiver (modified)

Player for Hi-Res/DSD: VpyageMPD + i7 4765T, Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE, G.Skill 4G-DDR3-CL7, AdnacoS3B

DAC: Lampizator Lv7

Tube Amp: YS-Audio Pre+Power

My DIY: http://obeediy.blogspot.com

New private beta version (Index of /firmware/beta) has BruteFIR integrated. It enables equalizer and convolution filtering (eg. for DRC). In order to use BruteFIR mode you need to set "PCM Resampling" to "Fixed rate - BruteFIR mode".

[ATTACH]20875[/ATTACH]

I am new to this stuff. How can I use BruteFir? I have installed the beta of daphile, but when I want to configure BruteFir it is looking for some files. I would use Brutefir for left-right balance.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Just like to say thanks Kipeta, its a brilliant piece of software and is improving all the time for me.

thyristor44

I've been reading a little about how some systems (XXHighEnd for one) are able to load the OS and player completely into RAM and then disconnect the hard drive to achieve a more hardware-free server configuration.

Users have reported positive results.

Given that Daphile requires little or no access to the hard drive after booting, I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same with Daphile. I'm out of the country right now or else I would try this myself.

Does anyone know or has anyone tried? And if it currently can't be done, I'd like to request that this be added to the requested feature list.

Joel

I've been reading a little about how some systems (XXHighEnd for one) are able to load the OS and player completely into RAM and then disconnect the hard drive to achieve a more hardware-free server configuration.

Users have reported positive results.

Given that Daphile requires little or no access to the hard drive after booting, I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same with Daphile. I'm out of the country right now or else I would try this myself.

Does anyone know or has anyone tried? And if it currently can't be done, I'd like to request that this be added to the requested feature list.

Joel

Didn't work for me. Just tried a quick & dirty test unplugging the Daphile OS battery powered drive I have. Carried on playing few a few minutes (music from another server) then crashed.