IGNORED

Best Sounding Download

hi Frankophile

I just got the new one; Andre%20300%20met%20schaduw%20320_300.png

fantastic album, maybe even better sounding or at least as good sounding as the previous albums.

And you can download 2 tracks for free at the website it seems. I just bought the album so I don't need to, but maybe you want to check it out.

It is more of a classical music inspired album but what a trumpet player!

Andre Heuvelman - After Silence

Milan,

Thanks again for sharing this. I just listened to it for the first time and it is absolutely wonderful.

KK

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't realize that Sound Liaison had released another album. I wonder why it's 24/88.2. You usually only see this with conversions from SACDs.

For those interested, I received the following response from Frans de Rond as to why the Andre Heuvelman album was done in 24/88.2:

"Normally we do all our recordings in format 96kHz /24bit or maybe in the future even higher.

The time we did the recording of Andre there was a discussion going on that it was better to record in format 88.2kHz because it was easier to re-sample the master to the CD format 44.1 kHz. Because the samples only need to be divided by 2.

Because the recording was made with CD format in mind we decided to try in format 88.2 kHz.

Later we decided to make the original masters available for Sound Liaison and because we never change the sample rate it's now in 88.2kHz"

For those interested, I received the following response from Frans de Rond as to why the Andre Heuvelman album was done in 24/88.2:

"Normally we do all our recordings in format 96kHz /24bit or maybe in the future even higher.

The time we did the recording of Andre there was a discussion going on that it was better to record in format 88.2kHz because it was easier to re-sample the master to the CD format 44.1 kHz. Because the samples only need to be divided by 2.

Because the recording was made with CD format in mind we decided to try in format 88.2 kHz.

Later we decided to make the original masters available for Sound Liaison and because we never change the sample rate it's now in 88.2kHz"

Great Kumakuma,

So Frans de Rond answered you personally, that was fast. Also nice to hear that they stick to their guns of not changing their sample rate.

, if you download from Sound Liaison you are absolutely sure you get a one to one copy of the studio master,96kHz/24 bit,with no conversion of any kind.

What you are getting is what we, the technicians and the musicians,has created in close collaboration.

from the Sound Liaison site.

But in this case that is 24/88.2

Jazz in the Key of Blue is great musically and for sound quality. I got it in 96/24.

Jazz in the Key of Blue | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

This was mentioned previously, but it is amazing too. It really has that, "you are there" feeling : DSD64

Muddy Waters-Folk Singer-DSD Download | Acoustic Sounds

I agree - these two are really, really good. I tend to listen to the former more, and it is really well recorded.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

So Frans de Rond answered you personally, that was fast. Also nice to hear that they stick to their guns of not changing their sample rate.

I am impressed by this little label. He answered me within three hours of my message... on a Sunday!

I am still waiting for a response to a message I sent to dsdfile.com over a month ago.

I am impressed by this little label. He answered me within three hours of my message... on a Sunday!

I am still waiting for a response to a message I sent to dsdfile.com over a month ago.

Sound Liaison comes across as true connoisseurs. It is the impression I get when I listen to their recordings, impeccable craftsmanship and a deep devotion to the music they are producing.

Also when you look at the number of recordings they are selling,what is it, let me check,... 5 in total, no mass production here.

I don't see Sony and HD tracks ever going to be able to give that kind of service, understandably so, since they are just retailers. I remember being in the South of France years ago and visiting this great little winemaker Chateau, and who knows maybe it was because of my pretty french speaking girl friend, but the owner, a 75 year old farmer showed us the whole place and production method, and poured us several glasses of terrific wine. He said he was selling mainly to good restaurants and now and then to a couple of tourist but had refused to sell to big commercial buyers, that came and wanted to buy the whole lot for good money.''That is not the way to appreciate good wine'' he said and poured us another glass, of course we left with 2 cases of excellent wine.

Well I am rambling on here but I really dig small ''Music Chateau's'' like Sound Liaison,.. gives me the same kind of feeling.

Did you see this video from the Sound Liaison studio 11 ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESlSxcBEdo

Soundliasion while limited in their releases make some great sounding pieces. Now do you like the music they present is a whole 'nother question. But the two I recently purchased have excellent sonic qualities. I had one issue downloading one song, but sent an email, Frans answered promptly and enabled that download again for me.

The only issue I had was downloading a song at a time - guess I missed something where I could download the entire album.

Sound Liaison comes across as true connoisseurs. It is the impression I get when I listen to their recordings, impeccable craftsmanship and a deep devotion to the music they are producing.

Also when you look at the number of recordings they are selling,what is it, let me check,... 5 in total, no mass production here.

I don't see Sony and HD tracks ever going to be able to give that kind of service, understandably so, since they are just retailers. I remember being in the South of France years ago and visiting this great little winemaker Chateau, and who knows maybe it was because of my pretty french speaking girl friend, but the owner, a 75 year old farmer showed us the whole place and production method, and poured us several glasses of terrific wine. He said he was selling mainly to good restaurants and now and then to a couple of tourist but had refused to sell to big commercial buyers, that came and wanted to buy the whole lot for good money.''That is not the way to appreciate good wine'' he said and poured us another glass, of course we left with 2 cases of excellent wine.

Well I am rambling on here but I really dig small ''Music Chateau's'' like Sound Liaison,.. gives me the same kind of feeling.

Did you see this video from the Sound Liaison studio 11 ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESlSxcBEdo

Couldn't agree more! These little châteaux may not produce much but what they produce is wonderful.

The video is great and this is one of my favorite Springsteen songs. Ms. Gomes does a wonderful job with it.

so I would suggest the above album as my best download.

SSS1%20Milan%20300.png

and this one from the same company as a close second.

Paul%20Band%20Milan%20200.png

This is the link;

Music Store

I downloaded the Carmen Gomez sample files....my girlfriend said she liked it....enough said...she is pickier than me but doesn't know it :)

I have been avoiding HD Tracks, been burned too many times with poor, inferior recordings and transfers.

Digital: Synology NAS DS716+II > Netgear Nighthawk AC Wireless > Oppo Sonica DAC & 105

Analogue: Sota Sapphire, Well Tempered Classic Arm (LA Labs mod), Charisma Reference One MC, AcousTech PH-1 Premium Phono

The Rest: Conrad Johnson LS-17 Preamp, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2Wq sub

Lyn Stanley's "Lost in Romance" is quite lovely.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11268[/ATTACH]

Available in Hi Res Digital and apparently also in vinyl. Digital at DownloadsNow.

And in DSD Acoustic Sounds…although I got my DSD copy from Blue Coast (DownloadsNow).

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

• 2 months later...

For Sound Liaison, I think that with the last album I bought from them, Batik, they have surpassed themselves ones more.

Easily the best sounding download in my collection.

Batik%20Hoes%20300%20shadow%20v2.pngBATIK (FLAC)

Great Kumakuma,

from the Sound Liaison site.

But in this case that is 24/88.2

Couldn't agree more! These little châteaux may not produce much but what they produce is wonderful.

The video is great and this is one of my favorite Springsteen songs. Ms. Gomes does a wonderful job with it.

And in DSD Acoustic Sounds…although I got my DSD copy from Blue Coast (DownloadsNow).

I was reading this had two different mixes or masters...the one from Downloads now was claimed to be different than the one for Acoustic Sounds....has anyone heard both?

Digital: Synology NAS DS716+II > Netgear Nighthawk AC Wireless > Oppo Sonica DAC & 105

Analogue: Sota Sapphire, Well Tempered Classic Arm (LA Labs mod), Charisma Reference One MC, AcousTech PH-1 Premium Phono

The Rest: Conrad Johnson LS-17 Preamp, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2Wq sub

At the nice price all resolutions

Moment To Moment | Cava Menzies & Nick Phillips

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12680[/ATTACH]

Roch

Very, very well recorded and mastered. Thanks for sharing it.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

At the nice price all resolutions

Moment to Moment | Cava Menzies & Nick Phillips

Roch

+2

Many thanks for posting - a wonderful sounding album by two excellent musicians.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

which version do you guys suggest to buy? my initial reaction was to click on DSF but then I noticed that the album originally was recorded in 24bit/192khz pcm. would buying the original pcm version make more sense?

To my understanding yes. I've bought 24/96 since my DAC does not support 192kHz natively.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

which version do you guys suggest to buy? my initial reaction was to click on DSF but then I noticed that the album originally was recorded in 24bit/192khz pcm. would buying the original pcm version make more sense?

By default I download in the recorded resolution: 24/192

Roch