IGNORED

What kind of music do you listen to regularly?

Sorry there are only 10 options. Pick the ones that best fit  

545 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

I'm a little surprised that classical came in 3d here but I'm not surprised by popularity of jazz and rock. I listen primarily to classical but that says a lot about my work habits. When I'm listening critically, I tend to listen mainly to jazz, rock, or acoustical music.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

Recently, I got hooked on the good old synthpop say Alphaville, Ultravox. Bought all them vinils exept the last album of Alphaville. Grat Music!!!

Listening to music is the best pastime. DELL Inspiron 17 Windows 7 w/ Jriver 18 External HDD 1.5GB Seagate Audioengine D2 • Turntable ONKYO Dynamic Four 800 → ONKYO A-9000R + UWF-1 → JBL Studio 530 + JBL Sub 550P • SONY BDP S5100 → SONY KDL-46W905A • iPod Classic 160GB → FIIO E11→ Sennheiser HD650

• 3 weeks later...
I do listen to a lot of Chant (Gregorian etc) but did not see it on the list or is it classed as classical?

....or maybe traditional Christian Pop.....?

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

• 3 weeks later...

I pretty much listen to all genres but may favorite genre is progressive rock/metal. Maybe the thread should read what are you listening to right now...I am checking out Audio Fidelity's SACD of Yes's "Close To The Edge" and getting ready to queue up Audio Fidelity's Rush "Counterparts." :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I am a little surprised that on a predominately US oriented site that Country and Bluegrass are scoring so low (scratches head).

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

I am surprised that the rock and rollers are winning. I didn't think anyone listened to that stuff.

I do! Classic Rock is my favorite genre followed by Jazz, Blues and World Music.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Grin - admitting to a love of Bluegrass and Banjo is almost tantamount to audiophile excommunication I think. But I do dearly love Bluegrass and even a lot of country, though I admit, some country music I have to take in very small doses.

-Paul

I have to say I am a little surprised that on a predominately US oriented site that Country and Bluegrass are scoring so low (scratches head).

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Grin - admitting to a love of Bluegrass and Banjo is almost tantamount to audiophile excommunication I think. But I do dearly love Bluegrass and even a lot of country, though I admit, some country music I have to take in very small doses.

-Paul

Depends on the audiophile circles, many consider Rounder SACDs to be some of the most realistic, especially those by Alison Krauss. Just saying you need feel no guilt at loving bluegrass.

Also the Original Master Recording of Emmylou Harris's Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town is in my opinion one of the best sounding LPs MFSL ever released.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Depends on the audiophile circles, many consider Rounder SACDs to be some of the most realistic, especially those by Alison Krauss. Just saying you need feel no guilt at loving bluegrass.

Also the Original Master Recording of Emmylou Harris's Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town is in my opinion one of the best sounding LPs MFSL ever released.

I was just about to point out Alison Krauss. Her and Union Station are amazing.

No electron left behind.

I was just about to point out Alison Krauss. Her and Union Station are amazing.

+1 I wasn't much of a bluegrass fan until I heard Alison Krauss + Union Station - that opened the genre a bit for me and now I'm beginning to branch out :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

+1 I wasn't much of a bluegrass fan until I heard Alison Krauss + Union Station - that opened the genre a bit for me and now I'm beginning to branch out :)

I would recommend checking out Sarah Jarosz who is a young artist cut from similar thread. Both of her CD's are quite good and have well above average sonics.

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend checking out Sarah Jarosz who is a young artist cut from similar thread. Both of her CD's are quite good and have well above average sonics.

+1, highly recommended :)

The new album from Holly Williams is also very good (daughter of Hank Williams Jr.)

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sarah Jarosz: Build Me Up From Bones: CD Music Details: ImportCds.com 015891409320

Sarah Jarosz has a new album out next month, September 17th. She is very talented. Thank you for mentioning her.

"Build Me Up From Bones, the third release from acclaimed 22-year-old singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz, is set to drop October 1st via Sugar Hill Records. Build Me Up From Bones was recorded in the midst of Jarosz's final semester at the prestigious New England Conservatory (where she graduated with honors) and a rigorous touring schedule. Following her mid-May graduation, she flew straight to Nashville to put the finishing touches on the album. Now set to embark on an exciting new chapter of her life, the songs on Sarah Jarosz's newest release are a compelling portrait of an artist coming into her own."

• 3 weeks later...

Original motion picture soundtracks for 1970's-era adult films.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Original motion picture soundtracks for 1970's-era adult films.

Cool OSTs! ;)

I see that I listen to more C&W and bluegrass that the average here!

We need a world music selection.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

• 3 weeks later...