Artist: Billy Bragg

Album: England, Half English

On deck:

Artist: Horse Stories

Album: One Hundred Waves

That second band in pretty interesting. They (well, he - Toby Burke) took the name from the album Horse Stories by the band the Dirty Three (a rather awesome album in its own right) but though they sound nothing alike.

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Boozoo Bajou

Dust My Broom

Don't get me started on this sexy music... my mistake, it was S.I.P. from this album, you know in the back seat of *Trixie in the middle of a field on a steamy summer night in New Hope, PA. There was new hope that night, just no hope soon after.

*re: page 64 of this thread; Boozoo Bajou - Grains

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app

Linda Ronstadt: Heart Like a Wheel [Original Recording Remastered, Gold CD]l XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. No may bes, here. This sets her apart from the before and for the after.

Linda Ronstadt Heart Like A Wheel.jpg

Laura Nyro: Angel in the Dark XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. She makes room for you on the piano bench.

Laura Nyro Angel In The Dark.jpg

Billy Burnette: Memphis In Manhattan 96/24, DL from HDtracks.com. Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. He not only sings the lyrics, he tears it up. I have someone, may be, Theresa to thank for this recommendation a few ages ago. She had it right.

Enjoying the music.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

Billy Burnette Memphis In Manhattan.jpg

... in the middle of a field on a steamy summer night in New Hope, PA.

Ah- lovely New Hope, PA. We spent out first anniversary there, in a little French place on the canal. The music, then still fairly new, that was playing was this, which I just listened to yet again. :)

cover-47.jpeg

Fond memories indeed, thank you for the reminder. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Artist: Warren Zevon

Album: Warren Zevon

"She put me through some changes lord, sorta like a Waring blender..."

I always heard that line as "like a whirring blender" but it still makes me laugh.

Vivaldi, Elizabeth Blumenstock, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons Violin Concertos. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Plays a mean fiddle.

Vivaldi Elizabeth Blumenstock The Four Seasons.jpg

Ahmad Jamal: The Complete Ahmad Jamal Trio Argo Sessions. Disc 5. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Marvelous in every category.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

Ahmad Jamal The Complete Argo Sessions.jpg

Left one out:

The Modern Jazz Quartet: Complete Atlantic Studio Rec.- The Modern Jazz Quartet 1956-

Limited Edition Disc 5. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. SQ is superb!

Highly recommended,

Richard

DISC FIVE

The Comedy

1. Spanish Steps (P) 5:36

(John Lewis)

2. Columbine (P) 4:09

(John Lewis)

3. Pulcinella (P) 4:24

(John Lewis)

4. Pierrot (Q) 3:21

(John Lewis)

5. La Cantatrice (O) 5:32

(John Lewis)

6. Harlequin (Q) 6:52

(John Lewis)

7. Piazza Navona ® 5:01

(John Lewis)

Lonely Woman

8. Lonely Woman (S) 6:18

(Ornette Coleman)

9. Animal Dance (T) 4:04

(John Lewis)

10. New York 19 (T) 7:58

(John Lewis)

11. Belkis (U) 3:40

(John Lewis)

12. Why Are You Blue (U) 6:32

(Gary McFarland)

13. Fugato (U) 2:46

(John Lewis)

14. Lamb, Leopard (U) 6:23

(John Lewis)

15. Trieste ® 5:46

(John Lewis)

The Modern Jazz Quartet Complete Collection.jpg

The Modern Jazz Quartet: Complete Atlantic Studio Rec.- The Modern Jazz Quartet 1956-

Limited Edition Disc 5. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. SQ is superb!

Highly recommended,

Richard, have you compared the SQ of your Mosaic MJQ discs with that of any of the high-res versions on HDtracks? I know Mosaic tends to do an excellent job, so I was curious about this.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Richard, have you compared the SQ of your Mosaic MJQ discs with that of any of the high-res versions on HDtracks? I know Mosaic tends to do an excellent job, so I was curious about this.

--David

Hello David,

If you do not mind, I shall PM you so as not to clutter Album of the evening? Hope that is acceptable.

Best,

Richard

[video=youtube_share;cmR4QHwlshw]

Wow, that perfectly fit my mood tonight. I'm speechless.

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app

Artist: Wilco

Album: A Ghost Is Born

On deck:

Artist: Miles Davis

Album: Big Fun

Bee Gees: One Night Only [Live] CD & DVD. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. In memory of Robin Gibbs who passed recently at age 62. Only Barry is left of the Bee Gees. DVD is more dynamic in DTS, but the redbook CD sounds even better with the latest CA players. Never tire of their music.

Bee Gees One Night Only.jpg

Etta James: Blues in the Night, Vol.1: The Early Show XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Soulful R&B Lady.

Etta James Blues In The Night.jpg

Bill Evans Trio: Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of the Gate First Session Disc 1. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Brilliant.

Bill Evans Trio Live Top Of The Gate.jpg

Marvin Hamlish/Edward Kleban/Michael Bennett: A Chorus Line (1975 Original Broadway Cast) (Multichannel/Stereo SACD) [Cast Recording, Super Audio CD - DSD] Watched the movie over the weekend and could not get the music out of my head.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

A Chorus Line Original Cast SACD.jpg

B-Tribe

Sensual Sensual

...and that it is. Need I say more?

Bill Evans: What's New SHM-SACD. The redbook CD version is excellent. The SHM-SACD takes it to another level of SQ.

The Love Theme from Spartacus, is 2die4. Musicians:

Bill Evans, piano

Jeremy Steig, flute

Eddie Gomez, bass

Marty Morell, drums

Selections:

1. Straight No Chaser

2. Lover Man

3. What's New

4. Autumn Leaves

5. Time Out For Chris

6. Spartacus Love Theme From Bryna Productions "Spartacus"

7. So What

Bill Evans with Jeremy Steig SHM.jpg

Vijay Iyer: Historicity XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Indian Jazz Pianist.Pretty profound and talented. SQ is excellent.

Vijay Iyer Historicity.jpg

The Allman Brothers Band: The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East 96/24 HDtracks.com DL Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Very Good SQ. Live, soulful and Bluesy concert so musically satisfying it pulls you to return for more even of the same.

Sweet Dreams,

Richard

The Allman Brothers.jpg