Michael Brecker: Pilgrimage [super Audio CD - DSD]. Michael lived one town north of me. Very likable and a wonderful musician. Saw him perform before his death at Birdland with several other tenor musicians. What a night! Live music up close and personal. He is missed.

Michael Brecker Pilgrimage.jpg

Dexter Gordon: Round Midnight [soundtrack] XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. In the mood for this one. Recorded live for the movie with a cast of musicians that doesn't get any better than this (well you know what I mean).

Dexter Gordon Round Midnight Soundtrack.jpg

John Coltrane: My Favorite Things [Original Recording Reissued] XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.Takes one on a journey of improvisation and somehow finds his way from the outer galaxies back to Planet earth. Inspired musicality and technique combine to enrapture.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

John Coltrane My Favorite Things.jpg

Al Stewart - Last Days of the Century

What can I say, I am an Al Stewart fan. :)

If you listen to this, check out the tracks Anarctica, Ghostly Horses of the Plain, and Helen and Cassandra.

I suppose it helps if you are history buff like we are, but even if you don't have a clue who Homer is (and why the whole Trojan Horse thing may have been nothing more than a whisper in his ear...) this album is a treat for the ear and mind.

Highly recommended for the music. The SQ is a tad spotty in places, but worth enduring for the music.

512zpbpLHDL._SS500_.jpg

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Cassandra Wilson: Blue Light 'Til Dawn XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Beautifully produced = gorgeous SQ = Highest Recommendations

Cassandra Wilson Blues 'Til Dawn.jpg

Dusty Springfield: Dusty in Memphis [Extra Tracks, Original Recording Reissued, Original Recording Remastered] XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Not the equal of Cassandra Wilson in SQ quality. Great songs and her style is so entertaining that less SQ is forgivable if you enjoy her and her music, which I do, do.

Dusty Springfield Dusty In Memphis.jpg

Lang Lang: Lang Lang - Live at Carnegie Hall 88.2/24 DL HDtracks.com Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Ladies get one started and the gentleman provides the carpet ride. Just perfect.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Lang Lang Live In Carnegie Hall.jpg

ShadesofJade.jpg

Marc Johnson, Shades of Jade

Superb collaboration between Johnson and his wife, Eliane Elias. Great compositions, great playing, and that great ECM sound. A little hard to get hold of in the US, but worth the effort.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Listened to a lot of music today. My last:

Artist: Morrisey

Album: Bona Drag

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Beautiful album, Goldsdad!

Ken Burns -

The Civil War - Traditional American Songs And Instrumental Music Featured In The Film By Ken Burns: Original Soundtrack Recording [soundtrack]

Jay Ungar (Composer), New American Brass Band (Orchestra), Old Bethpage Brass Band (Orchestra), Abyssinian Baptist Church SanctuaryChoir (Orchestra), Jacqueline Schwab (Performer), Matt Glaser (Performer), Molly Mason (Performer), Bernice Johnson Reagon (Performer), Jesse Carr (Performer), Russ Barenburg (Performer)*|*Format:*Audio CD

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Paul Simon: So Beautiful or So What 96/24 DL, HDtracks.com Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Very well produced (as all his recordings). Excellent SQ. Gorgeous songs. It's clear that Simon wants his work to play so beautiful or so what.

Paul Simon So Beautiful Or So What.jpg

Paul & Linda McCartney: RAM Disc3. 96/24 DL from Paul McCartney Store. Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Just 2 bonus tracks from the collection.

Paul McCartney Deluxe Ram.jpg

Época de Ouro Ensemble: Cafe Brasil 2 XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. By way of description: "European dances, played on Mediterranean instruments, with Brazilian rhythms," as someone once described -choro-. It is all good.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

cafe brasil 2.jpg

MOG Recommended Laurence Juber last night. Found the album "Altered Reality" and half way through my listen purchased on ebay for 6 bucks shipped.

Acoustic Guitar, well recorded. New to me but very talented artist. Juber works the guitar and you here his fingers all over the neck/strings. Looks like he has about a hundred albums but check out "Altered Reality".

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

I think I will just tell you now . . . .

I will be listening to Eric Johnson tonight. I think Eric is one of the BEST guitar players of current times. Eric brings out such rich tones in electric and acoustic guitars. I attended an Eric Unplugged concert in a small music auditorium in Denton Texas. I am a big fan of the "tone man".

One of my fav songs is "Manhatten".

Please join me if you like :)

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Shelby Lynne: Just A Little Lovin' Hybrid SACD Kevin Gray remaster for Analogue Productions XLD conversion redbook CD layer to AIFF. Excellent production and SQ. More than just a little lovin'. Simple, essential, little country, lots of guitar. Very easy and laid back. Dusty'd be proud.

Glad I followed through,

Richard

Shelby Lynne Just A Litlle Lovin'.jpg

Just finishing up:

Artist: Lucinda Williams

Album: World Without Tears

On deck:

Artist: Roky Erickson w/ Okkervil River

Album: True Love Cast Out All Evil

Apparat

Devil's walk

Love this man, everything he does, his own or remixing others.

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app