My system's sounding the best it ever has. Played one track from this one this evening and was just stunned at how great it was, had to hear the rest. I think it won some awards; it deserved them.

Raising Sand.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Jud, the HDT version of that is nice too!

For me:

Artist: Songdog

Album: The Way Of The World

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Yup about Raising Sand. Some really fine music.

I've loved some of each of their stuff over the years, and together a whole 'nother love. Never would have thought of putting them together. I wonder if Robert Plant would have given any consideration to such a thing in his Led Zep days. Well he/they did use Sandy Denny so.... Just thinking out loud--on lcd.

-Chris

Jazz A Saint Germain: Jazz a SaintGermain XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Track Listings

1. Summertime - Angelique Kidjo

2. Les Joyeux Bouchers - Catherine Ringer & The Renegade Brass Band

3. Lover Man - China

4. Watermelon Man - Dee Dee Bridgewater

5. I'll Be seeing You - Francoise Hardy & Iggy Pop

6. Il N'y A Plus D'apres - Jazz Passengers With Deborah Harry

7. La Javanaise - Jacky Terrasson

8. Black Coffee - Patricia Kaas

9. God Bless The Child - Princess Erika

10. Autuor De Minuit - Les Nubians

11. These Foolish Things - Jane Birkin With Jimmy Rowles

12. La Caravane - Brigitte Fontaine

13. Sophisticated Lady - Elli Medeiros

14. J'suis Snob - Boris Vain

Jazz A Saint Germain.jpg

The Andy Statman Quartet: Between Heaven And Earth: Music Of The Jewish Mystics XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Magnificently Mystical.

Andy Statman Between Heaven And Earth.jpg

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jud viewpost-right.png

The Blind Boys of Alabama, Go Tell It On The Mountain.

It may not only be for Christmas, but it's still a hell of a lot of Christmas in June.

-Chris

True - probably sound even better in December. :-)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Enigma

Seven Lives, Many Faces

The perfect accompaniment to a bath with wine and candles thinking about...

...distractions...this cd goes well with both... where the body is and better yet, where the mind wanders...

...take me there

Distorted Love...HOT!!!

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app

Boozoo Bajou

Dust My Broom

Continuing the sexy...you know how I feel about Boozoo Bajou...

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app

Art Pepper: So in Love (Hybr) [Hybrid SACD - DSD, Import]. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Has a way with his horn.

Art Pepper So In Love.jpg

Richard Stoltzman: Begin Sweet World XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Clarinet Jazz about as sweet as it gets.

Richard Stoltzmn Begin Sweet World.jpg

Enjoying the music.

Richard

Enigma

Seven Lives, Many Faces

The perfect accompaniment to a bath with wine and candles thinking about...

...distractions...this cd goes well with both... where the body is and better yet, where the mind wanders...

...take me there

Distorted Love...HOT!!!

Love Enigma .. been a fan for years! I'll have to play something tonight.

Sia

my own small set to immerse myself in the mood...

Breathe Me

Don't Bring Me Down

You Have Been Loved

I Go to Sleep

Beautiful Calm Driving

I'm in Here (piano vocal version)

Wow, could it get more depressing than that?

Under the weather all day on the 4th, so I went to my balm for healing and inspiration which dates back to the first time I ever heard Evans play (as a side-man) as a child and could not take my eyes/ears off him. In person, his performances were even more exquisite. Enjoying his music,

Richard

Bill Evans: The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 [Live, Original Recording Remastered] Disc 3.

XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Bill Evans Complete Village Vanguard Recordings 1961.jpg

Bill Evans: Consecration: The Final Recordings Part 2 [box Set, Live] Disc 8. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Next to last final sessions.

Bill Evans Consecration.jpg

Bill Evans: Last Waltz: Final Recordings Live [box Set, Live] Disc 8.

XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Final session a week before his death at age 51 (September 15, 1980)

Bill Evans Last Waltz 2.jpg