Hi Doc -

Yeah, it is just way more trouble to use, as I almost always use an iPad or iPhone to select the music.

If they ever get gapless working, it be expensive for me, as I will have to replace the remote units (SBTs and AEs) with Mac Minis and Amarra licenses. I can give up synchronized playback for that quality.

I am hoping Scott can corner them about this subject out at The Show this week. ;)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Donny Hathaway: Live 192/24 HDtracks.com DL Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Donny Hathaway has a voice I love to love. This is a live recording that is best played as gapless. The SQ is mediocre though his voice is star quality. I believe he has been an under-rated singer. HDtracks describes their release as: This pristine master quality download is the only way to experience one of Rolling Stone’s “100 Greatest Singers of All Time. On my system it isn't pristine. But HDtracks.com did me a solid for which I am very grateful.

Donny Hathaway Live.jpg

Johnny Hartman: John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman SHM-SACD. Not need to comment on how good this is and how under-rated Johnny Hartman was, but how great he is whatever format one chooses. So I added one more.

Johnny Hartman Coltrane and Hartman.jpg

Luther Vandross: The Best of Luther Vandross The Best Of Love Disc 1. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Under-rated until you listen.

Enjoying the music until it stops,

Richard

Luther Vandross The Best Of.jpg

Hi Doc -

Yeah, it is just way more trouble to use, as I almost always use an iPad or iPhone to select the music.

If they ever get gapless working, it be expensive for me, as I will have to replace the remote units (SBTs and AEs) with Mac Minis and Amarra licenses. I can give up synchronized playback for that quality.

I am hoping Scott can corner them about this subject out at The Show this week. ;)

He will either have an answer, or a really good post filled with his usual descriptiveness of their inability to answer him, and why...

;)

No electron left behind.

It's been a while on this one:

Artist: Flying Burrito Brothers

Album: Burrito Deluxe

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Adrian Legg: Guitars & Other Cathedrals XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Has its moments.

Adrian Legg Cathedrals and Other.jpg

Herbie Hancock: River: The Joni Letters 96/24 DL HDtracks.com Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Res ipsa loquitur. Love Hancock's interpretation of anyone's work, and loving Joni even before Woodstock, two rights make a...

Especially in times such as these times in the World, thank G-d for music as a balm for what ails one or excites and delights in either case, we get to the same outcome.

Thank you to all the talented artists and producers.

Richard

Herbie Hancock River The Joni Letters.jpg

Mellow(ish) blues.

Artist: Champion Jack Dupree

Album: Blues From The Gutter

Odd night tonight.

Respighi - The Pines of Rome / The Fountains of Rome

Reiner / Chicago Symphony Orchestra

090266807925_300.jpg

This is just beautiful almost beyond description. Playing it tonight with Audirvana+, and it certainly sounds gorgeous. Played part of it earlier with Fidelia, and was surprised how really really good it sounded. The new version of Fidelia sounds fantastic, but has too many user interface issues for this old fart. ;)

Barry Miles - Fusion Is...Barry Miles

FusionIsBack.jpg

THis is without a dount my favorite Jazz album of all time, it's a "needle drop" recorded at 24/96 and despite a couple or three pops and crackles, it is glorious. I don't think it ever made it to CD, so pick up a Vinyl copy if you can find it.

-Paul

FusionIsFront.jpg

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Bill Evans Trio: Consecration [box Set, Original Recording Remastered, Import] Disc 1. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Doesn't get any better.

Bill Evans Trio Consecration.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald: We All Love Ella: Celebrating The First Lady Of Song XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. PBS performance which presented vocal greats to sing Ella's songs.

Good music is never underrated,

Richard

Ella Fitzgerald We All Love Ella 1.jpg

Ambient 2 The Plateaux of Mirror - Harold Budd and Brian Eno

EG Records

Beautiful and relaxing - takes me back to being 17 - especially the title track which was on an EG Records sampler called Angels in the Architecture (1987). Opened doors to a whole new world of music possibilities. Wonderful.

Hardware: iMac 2010, eMac, Sony Vaio laptop, iPad 2, iPhone 1g, iPhone 3GS, LaCie Porsche 100Gb external drive, Technics SA-400 Receiver/Amp, JVC A-X1 Amp, JVC L-31 Turntable. JVC T-X1L Receiver, JVC and NAD cassette decks, Technics SL-PG580A CD Player, Sony MX R-30 Personal MiniDisc Recorder, Sony MZ-E25 Personal MiniDisc Player, B&W DM610 speakers, JPW Gold Monitor Speakers, Sennheiser HD202 and Sennheiser HD445 cans.

Software: iTunes, Fidelia on iMac, Equaliser Pro on iPad 2

Technics SU-40 amplifier; Fiio E7 DAC and headphone amp; Sennheiser HD25-1ii headphones, oh and an iPod Nano 1g and iPod 3rd generation 40gb. Gorgeous.

Great choice! Always been a fave of mine :-)

Hardware: iMac 2010, eMac, Sony Vaio laptop, iPad 2, iPhone 1g, iPhone 3GS, LaCie Porsche 100Gb external drive, Technics SA-400 Receiver/Amp, JVC A-X1 Amp, JVC L-31 Turntable. JVC T-X1L Receiver, JVC and NAD cassette decks, Technics SL-PG580A CD Player, Sony MX R-30 Personal MiniDisc Recorder, Sony MZ-E25 Personal MiniDisc Player, B&W DM610 speakers, JPW Gold Monitor Speakers, Sennheiser HD202 and Sennheiser HD445 cans.

Software: iTunes, Fidelia on iMac, Equaliser Pro on iPad 2

Technics SU-40 amplifier; Fiio E7 DAC and headphone amp; Sennheiser HD25-1ii headphones, oh and an iPod Nano 1g and iPod 3rd generation 40gb. Gorgeous.

Hot off the press:

Ray Charles: Live In Concert Mastered by Kevin Gray & Zan Zanev for COHEARENT AUDIO/ Analogue Productions DSD/Hybrid SACD/Stereo. XLD conversion Hybrid SACD to AIFF. "This 1965 release was recorded September 1964 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. The set features the song "What'd I Say", which broke Ray Charles into mainstream pop music and sparked a new sub-genre of R&B. It earned Charles his first gold record and has been one of the most influential songs in R&B and rock 'n' roll history." Gapless play in Amarra Playlist mode cache. Impeccable, is what'd I say. Highly recommended.

Best,

Richard

Ray Charles Live In Concert KG.jpg

Barry Miles - Fusion Is...Barry Miles

THis is without a dount my favorite Jazz album of all time, it's a "needle drop" recorded at 24/96 and despite a couple or three pops and crackles, it is glorious. I don't think it ever made it to CD, so pick up a Vinyl copy if you can find it.

Thanks for noting this and thanks to Chris for saying it was available on MOG. Somehow I missed this one back in the day. Not bad at all. Too bad it only seems to be available on LP.

[RANT]If MOG has it, why isn't it available as a download? That and a million other things that never made it to CD.[/RANT]

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Billie Holiday - Body and Soul. Just grabbed it from HD tracks.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Artist: McCoy Tyner

Album: Illuminations

Just blew a tube and a fuse in one of my power amps - needed some McCoy to get things glowing agiain!

Wax Poetic

Nublu Sessions

Trip hop, downtempo, jazzy, world, dj scratchin' with vocals including Norah Jones on two tracks. Oriental Wind, Dreamin' and the two Norah jones tracks are my favorites. I find her voice amazingly beautiful yet her music bores me. Here, I have her silky vocals over a more exciting soundscape and I can appreciate better.

2010 Mac mini 16GB Lion / Pure music - iTunes / Audioquest coffee USB cable / Ayre Q-B 9 DAC / Ayre K-5xe preamp / Ayre V-5xe amp / Sonus Faber concerto grand piano speakers / Rel Strata III sub / Transparent Powerwave 8 / Transparent MLPB interconnects - MWP speaker cables / Caldigit 2T Raid - 800FireWire / iPad - splashtop app

[RANT]If MOG has it, why isn't it available as a download? That and a million other things that never made it to CD.[/RANT]

--David

David, It is available for download albeit in mp3 format on eMusic. They have a lot of stuff available at lower prices than Amazon for instance, at good quality mp3.

-Chris