• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, austinpop said:

Is this available on streaming or hi-res download yet? I've been waiting eagerly for this for 2 years!

I don’t see it on Qobuz yet (though the first set, Symphonies 1 -5 are:

http://open.qobuz.com/album/vfgt2ve9hh4db).

I pre-ordered the SACD from Europe and ripped it with my Oppo BDP-103 and the Sonore tools.

So far I’ve listened to No’s 6 -8. Very special.

Cheers,

muski

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I'm a big fan of Rondeau, but this recording doesn't resonate with me.

I'm also a big fan, but 100% agree. I especially liked his Barricades recording that he made with lutenist Thomas Dunford.

Speaking of which, I hope Thomas Dunford comes out with something new soon. Such an underrated musician—on par with Sean Shibe (who I also like). The last track of this recording is one of my favorite interpretations of Bach's Chaconne.

cover.thumb.png.d44975635a2c607181c21a56de330c4f.png 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A really special album. Wonderful performance and beautifully recorded. I added to my favorites right when Qobuz first launched in the US. And I still find myself scrolling through to the end of my favorites to listen to every month or so...

Remarkable that cellist Edgar Moreau was only 23 when this was released.

muski

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.34.31 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:49 PM, austinpop said:

After loving this new release of Schubert symphonies on first listen on Qobuz streaming a few weeks ago, I finally got a chance to buy, download, and PGGB this album. I must say, I am absolutely blown away by just how great a performance and recording this is! There are a ton of great Schubert 8/9's out there, but I am hard pressed to think of one I like more than this one.

512Ng7myw-L.jpg

Indeed a super performance, but the audio engineering is also stunning. I think the first movement of this Unfinished will become one of my go to test tracks. Lots of great musical features to help characterize a system.