IGNORED

HiFi Rose RS130 network transport

On 9/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, SPAZ said:

I received mine yesterday. It's a really nice looking device. I will do a sound quality comparison between the holo red audio to the DAC200 using AES at some point. One knock on it already is it is not Roon certified yet(so cannot be used). It should be here in the next 2 to 4 weeks though.

Did you ever get to this comparison?

1 hour ago, Atriya said:

Did you ever get to this comparison?

I did comparisons and both sound excellent but they do sound different. I feel like the RS130 brings out the background of the songs more than the Red. I would be happy with both SQ wise but as an entire package it's hard to compete with the Rose and having the ability to stream video directly to it. For me, that's the biggest game changer since I love streaming youtube videos to it connected to an oled tv.

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

so for serious listening I prefer playing from the internal SSD.

I've had mine for five days now and there definitely seems to be a burn-in period - straight out of the (very cold) box it was a bit "over-enthusiastic" but it's settled down nicely without losing the speed and slam.

I'm using a NAS library and the wired ethernet but my experience mirrors bodiebill's - Internal player > Audirvana > Roon.

The user interface of the internal player could use (a lot of) polish but it is functional and sounds excellent.  Overall I'm extremely happy with it.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, the_bat said:

I've had mine for five days now and there definitely seems to be a burn-in period - straight out of the (very cold) box it was a bit "over-enthusiastic" but it's settled down nicely without losing the speed and slam.

I'm using a NAS library and the wired ethernet but my experience mirrors bodiebill's - Internal player > Audirvana > Roon.

The user interface of the internal player could use (a lot of) polish but it is functional and sounds excellent.  Overall I'm extremely happy with it.

How do you implement Audirvana, could you use it with HQplayer?

4 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Audirvana is a separate layer programme available on Windows and the Mac so it's an alternative to Roon.  You can use it either directly connected to a DAC or to another endpoint over DLNA.

It has its own internal oversampling options and can't be combined with HQPlayer.  There's a free trial available.

https://www.audirvana.com.

Thank you for that. I am investigating streamers at the moment having used my diy servers for years. Have you experience of other streamers in comparison to the Rose?

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

Hi Folks-I have been unable to get Hifi Rose to answer a question about songs that have a red circle with the #19 in them on the Rose Connect app. It appears dozens of times as I scroll thru my 7k+ Qobuz favorite songs. Any ideas? Thx!

43051.jpg

For qobuz france the track is indicated as 99703870, In case the track in your favorites has a differen number it could be that it isn't anymore available?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I enjoyed this thread and very much look forward to owning an RS130 as well somewhat in the near future (maybe a few months out, at most?)

I really enjoyed the comment of:  "It is the Trinnov of Transports." 

For Christmas I received a pair of used/immaculate condition SF Amati's (Homage Collection) and I'm still eagerly awaiting for them to be powered on for the first time in my home (waiting on speaker cables and a media shelf).

I plan to use this with my Plinius Hiato and currently I have an Arcam ST60. I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with that particular streamer or not. It's my assumption based on... everything that the RS130 is in a weight class far beyond this. 

I guess my main question or curiousity is simply I don't really know what to expect when I hook the RS130 up to my Plinius. I expect amazing, powerful, beautiful things. I have done about as much research and reading as one can do in a given night and my conclusion is, the "DAC" is basically "their own thing" - if that makes sense. So I guess I will have to wait and see and hear and then go from there.

I'm open to any opinions, thoughts, comments, etc.. 

Thanks so much for taking the time. 

Be prepared for a very long learning curve. In the end it is absolutely worth it but the road to achieve Rose Audio Nirvana is rocky at best. The hardware is bulletproof and spectacular. The sound, magnificent. The software is stable but the decision tree is a Rubik's Cube. The task you want to accomplish is in there somewhere but just as easy to find as solving the Rubik's Cube. Oh, and just to make sure you don't cheat and RTFM, there isn't one for the software.

StandardModel

I'm actually starting to think if the Plinius Hiato has a DAC at all.

This may be a silly question, but does every pre-amp "have to" have a DAC in some capacity or no? 

Granted.. this is an integrated amplifier for the record, but it's my understanding that every integrated amp is both a pre-amp and a power amp in one. 

3 hours ago, joseph5185 said:

I'm actually starting to think if the Plinius Hiato has a DAC at all.

This may be a silly question, but does every pre-amp "have to" have a DAC in some capacity or no? 

Granted.. this is an integrated amplifier for the record, but it's my understanding that every integrated amp is both a pre-amp and a power amp in one. 

The HIATO description says "balanced XLR inputs for CD and Line 1" which indicates that the CD sending the analog signal should have a DAC integrated.
Guess its the CD player they sell in combination with it.

18 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

The HIATO description says "balanced XLR inputs for CD and Line 1" which indicates that the CD sending the analog signal should have a DAC integrated.
Guess its the CD player they sell in combination with it.

Huh... that's really interesting. Nice find! I didn't even realize they made a CD player/transport haha

Maybe I'll look into this. Currently my CD is a Cambridge something or other lol 

Thanks again! 

On 1/12/2024 at 4:10 PM, livepinkfloyd said:

Hi Folks-I have been unable to get Hifi Rose to answer a question about songs that have a red circle with the #19 in them on the Rose Connect app. It appears dozens of times as I scroll thru my 7k+ Qobuz favorite songs. Any ideas? Thx!

43051.jpg

does that song play?  thinking that the song is no longer available . . . 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100