IGNORED

We've got war in Europe..

45 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Ukraine isn't a member of NATO so there's no obligation to do anything.

However...

this entire situation is caused by two sides, the US and Russia, playing who's got the biggest dick over Ukraine and us attempting to get Ukraine into NATO and the EU.

So stop with the, we have no obligation bullshit. We talked the talk all this time and this is the result, now its time to walk the walk.

No electron left behind.

48 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

I thought the worlds police force was supposed to do something.

Who might the worlds police force be?

Yes you know exactly who, everyone knows....thats one thing I'm sure I don't have to spell out to clarify.

We are as guilty of starting this conflict as Russia is. This is the inevitable result of actions the US has taken. Putin called our bluff. The very least we can do is step up, put our actions where our words are, and assist the people of Ukraine in defending themselves from the crazy maniac Putin.

And then, maybe learn from it so we don't repeat this all over again in the future.

No electron left behind.

I finally had some time today to read the news.

I will allow myself to 'copy and paste' some of them which seem to be a pretty good food for thought..

Quoting:

In a televised address marked by more of the extreme rhetoric that has accompanied the invasion, Vladimir Putin described the the government in Kyiv as as “terrorists” and “a gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis”.

The Kremlin also issued a direct threat to Finland and Sweden, which have been openly contemplating Nato membership as a result of the invasion.

“Their accession to Nato can have detrimental consequences … and face military and political consequences,” the foreign ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said.

The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, issued a reminder that he had the authority to investigate war crimes inside Ukraine and Amnesty International accused the Russian military of “indiscriminate attacks” after investigating several incidents, including a missile strike on a hospital building in Vuhledar in eastern Ukraine, which killed four civilians and wounded 10 more.

In another sign of the war’s potential to spin out of control, two more merchant ships were hit by errant missile strikes in the Black Sea, a Japanese bulk carrier and a Moldovan chemical tanker.

The German finance ministry said on Friday that it was open to the proposal of including Swift sanctions, while the EU and the UK moved to freeze the foreign-held assets of Putin and his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov.

The initiative was largely symbolic, as the Russian president is not thought to have identifiable personal wealth abroad.

I finally had some time today to read the news. I will allow myself to 'copy and paste' some of them which seem to be a pretty good food for thought..

Quoting:

In a televised address marked by more of the extreme rhetoric that has accompanied the invasion, Vladimir Putin described the the government in Kyiv as as “terrorists” and “a gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis”.

The Kremlin also issued a direct threat to Finland and Sweden, which have been openly contemplating Nato membership as a result of the invasion. “Their accession to Nato can have detrimental consequences … and face military and political consequences,” the foreign ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said.

The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, issued a reminder that he had the authority to investigate war crimes inside Ukraine and Amnesty International accused the Russian military of “indiscriminate attacks” after investigating several incidents, including a missile strike on a hospital building in Vuhledar in eastern Ukraine, which killed four civilians and wounded 10 more.

In another sign of the war’s potential to spin out of control, two more merchant ships were hit by errant missile strikes in the Black Sea, a Japanese bulk carrier and a Moldovan chemical tanker.

The German finance ministry said on Friday that it was open to the proposal of including Swift sanctions, while the EU and the UK moved to freeze the foreign-held assets of Putin and his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov. The initiative was largely symbolic, as the Russian president is not thought to have identifiable personal wealth abroad.

4 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I finally had some time today to read the news. I will allow myself to 'copy and paste' some of them which seem to be a pretty good food for thought..

Quoting:

In a televised address marked by more of the extreme rhetoric that has accompanied the invasion, Vladimir Putin described the the government in Kyiv as as “terrorists” and “a gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis”.

The Kremlin also issued a direct threat to Finland and Sweden, which have been openly contemplating Nato membership as a result of the invasion. “Their accession to Nato can have detrimental consequences … and face military and political consequences,” the foreign ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said.

The German finance ministry said on Friday that it was open to the proposal of including Swift sanctions, while the EU and the UK moved to freeze the foreign-held assets of Putin and his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov. The initiative was largely symbolic, as the Russian president is not thought to have identifiable personal wealth abroad.

Is anyone here arguing that Russia is not not bad for what they are doing in Ukraine?

No electron left behind.

Sorry, like I said earlier I won't reply now.

Just one more remark. I know people from Eastern Europe a little.

They are fighters to the point, in case of many of them, being ready to pay with their lives in fight for the independence.

It doesn't have to be easy for Putin and Russians..

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, issued a reminder that he had the authority to investigate war crimes inside Ukraine

He'd make a good start if he investigated the goings on in Odessa May 2nd 2014. But of course he won't go there, too big a can of worms to open.

23 minutes ago, Dynobot said:

The big bold caps don't make your post more convincing. No need to shout at us.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I guess the ICC can cherry pick who they want to investigate for war crimes.

At least one benevolent country and its leader at the time should be facing war crime charges and at least one African country too of recent war crimes....but then there is privilege to being a super power and well nobody really cares what goes on in Africa. 

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Just one more remark. I know people from Eastern Europe a little.

They are fighters to the point, in case of many of them, being ready to pay with their lives in fight for the independence.

Curious - if its about independence, didn't they see the need to fight the 2014 coup or were they fully on-board with the result of that?

As crazy and evil as the media and its followers try to make Putin out to be he has successfully out maneuvered every adversary over the past few decades.

EU remained dependent on his fuel which in term helped him sustain Russia and made it what it is today. He has positioned himself as a  guiding force in OPEC so the EU would not use the other oil nations to undercut him. He successfully made the US take two steps back from EU and NATO for four consecutive years and weakened the alliance. And he's become closer to the supplier of goods to the world...China. Now once again he called EU's bluff and said, you want to have cold, long winters? OPEC won't help you, the US can't support you and NATO itself isn't really strong enough to take me on. And if you want to play end-game Russia has enough nukes and hypersonic weapons to make anyone think twice. Call my bluff on that if you dare. So what does the world do....withhold soccer matches, freeze a few bank accounts and call him names.

He knows Biden is of the same cloth as Obama....Mr. don't cross the red line, oh he crossed it, okay okay don't cross the next one....

He plays Chess while the world is hardly good at checkers. 

19 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Is the Russian invasion of Ukraine justified or not in your opinion? If yes I think you and any others that agree should be banned from this site.

Hahahahaha

Basically either become a sheep or get banned.

1 hour ago, opus101 said:

I'll argue they're way less bad than what USA did in Iraq in 2003.

The USA is benevolent....they can do no wrong.

Invade any country on the planet, kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, nuke civilians in Japan, enroll the CIA to militants overthrow countries, create false flags to start a was in Vietnam which resulted in countless deaths and the list goes on and on....

The world refuses to acknowledge any of it, let alone speak any word of condemnation 

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That's a bit extreme don't you think?

No its typical and fitting of todays mindset.

I would not be surprised if he and I were banned.

Here in the US, the media churns out hate propaganda like Willie Wonka churns out chocolate...and the public eats it up