IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

10 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Just hook this up. Sounds pretty good cold.  I bought it used and the lights  on the meters are not operating. I have been thru the menu system but having no luck. 
Any ideas?

thanks

Very dumb (but possibly useful, tho) suggestion : Have you been checking in the dark ?

37 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

After spending the weekend listening and learning the menu system. (system reset took care of the lights on the meters) I could not be more happy with the Dac 200. 

From streaming Tidal and Qobuz to DSD files off the hard drive everything sounds fantastic. Clearly next level ( at least to me). Played concert blu rays thru the Spdif and much of the same. Even You tube thru the optical sounded pretty dam good. 
I really think it makes all the rest of your system shine from amplification to speakers and cabling. The Personas 5fs with Be tweeters and midrange are ruthless with dacs on the high side of neutral. The Dac 200 is perfect match that allows the Personas to shine without showing their warts. Still dialing in the swarm sub system as the bass is quite different than the Bricasti M3 that the Dac 200 replaced.  Much more defined.

One thing mentioned mentioned in owners comments as this could be an end game Dac.

I think at least in my case at 65 yrs old this could be the case but at this level of performance at an a relatively affordable price ( Chances are this is not anybody’s first Dac as we move up the ladder in performance and price) I couldn’t see anybody not being happy with this Dac for long time. 
So when I received the Dac the seller was less than honest about the condition. The top plate had numerous scratches and would be a “7” and not a “9”  I was really disappointed as my gear is always a 10 and can’t remember ever having a scratch on any piece of gear. So I reached out to T+A about replacement and Elliot reached out immediately and I ordered a new lid for $75.98. Talk about service!!  
Glad to be off the Dac go round for a long time!!

I hope you go after the seller for the cost of the lid.

2 hours ago, russellbobby said:

After spending the weekend listening and learning the menu system. (system reset took care of the lights on the meters) I could not be more happy with the Dac 200. 

From streaming Tidal and Qobuz to DSD files off the hard drive everything sounds fantastic. Clearly next level ( at least to me). Played concert blu rays thru the Spdif and much of the same. Even You tube thru the optical sounded pretty dam good. 
I really think it makes all the rest of your system shine from amplification to speakers and cabling. The Personas 5fs with Be tweeters and midrange are ruthless with dacs on the high side of neutral. The Dac 200 is perfect match that allows the Personas to shine without showing their warts. Still dialing in the swarm sub system as the bass is quite different than the Bricasti M3 that the Dac 200 replaced.  Much more defined.

One thing mentioned mentioned in owners comments as this could be an end game Dac.

I think at least in my case at 65 yrs old this could be the case but at this level of performance at an a relatively affordable price ( Chances are this is not anybody’s first Dac as we move up the ladder in performance and price) I couldn’t see anybody not being happy with this Dac for long time. 
So when I received the Dac the seller was less than honest about the condition. The top plate had numerous scratches and would be a “7” and not a “9”  I was really disappointed as my gear is always a 10 and can’t remember ever having a scratch on any piece of gear. So I reached out to T+A about replacement and Elliot reached out immediately and I ordered a new lid for $75.98. Talk about service!!  
Glad to be off the Dac go round for a long time!!

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 3/13/2024 at 9:14 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

So I reached out to T+A about replacement and Elliot reached out immediately and I ordered a new lid for $75.98. Talk about service!!  

I couldn't agree more about the excellent service provided by T+A, in general, and Elliott Schultz, Southern Regional Sales Manager, T+A North America Inc, in particular.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

My dealer notified me that the official  DAC 200 V1.20 firmware is now available. 

The main important firmware changes are:

Home Theatre Bypass added
INVert ON/OFF now additionally accessible via TONE menu
Editable source names
Automatically toggle between pre-out and phones modes
Separate volume & balance settings for pre-out and phones
Save settings for OVS, INV, FILTER separately for each input (can be enabled/disabled by an additional setup-menu item)
Big display of VOLUME level when changing volume by remote control
Output muted when switching output mode from variable to fixed to prevent high SPL on speakers (due to safety reasons the "fixed"/"variable" settings has been removed from from APP menu)

9 hours ago, jrsub said:

My dealer notified me that the official  DAC 200 V1.20 firmware is now available. 

The main important firmware changes are:

Home Theatre Bypass added
INVert ON/OFF now additionally accessible via TONE menu
Editable source names
Automatically toggle between pre-out and phones modes
Separate volume & balance settings for pre-out and phones
Save settings for OVS, INV, FILTER separately for each input (can be enabled/disabled by an additional setup-menu item)
Big display of VOLUME level when changing volume by remote control
Output muted when switching output mode from variable to fixed to prevent high SPL on speakers (due to safety reasons the "fixed"/"variable" settings has been removed from from APP menu)

Great news! Anyone updated yet? 

10 hours ago, jrsub said:

official  DAC 200 V1.20 firmware is now available

I hope, they will copy most of the update to HA 200 as well. 

T+A MP 200, HA 200, A 200
T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

Sounds good. Now I only need to find an easy way to get it onto my DAC200 without the MP200.
Has T+A alredy this cable available because I am not able to make it myself and I didn´t find it on their shop.

4 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Sounds good. Now I only need to find an easy way to get it onto my DAC200 without the MP200.
Has T+A alredy this cable available because I am not able to make it myself and I didn´t find it on their shop.

Yes, best is to contact T+A support directly for the cable. 

T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

Hang on, so the recommended way to update is using an MP200, which I don’t have, or to use the interface cable for which you need a windows computer, which I don’t have (I use Macs). 
Is there any other method I could use or am I stuck on the firmware version I have?

8 minutes ago, Bobusfindus said:

Hang on, so the recommended way to update is using an MP200, which I don’t have, or to use the interface cable for which you need a windows computer, which I don’t have (I use Macs). 
Is there any other method I could use or am I stuck on the firmware version I have?

Only the 2 options your mentioned for firmware update

T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

On 3/23/2024 at 9:28 AM, droffen said:

I hope, they will copy most of the update to HA 200 as well. 

Yes, those changes that make sense for the HA will be ported to the HA200 in the next firmware revision.

I expect this new firmware in May.

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

23 hours ago, Bobusfindus said:

Does your dealer have a MP200 ?

Maybe you can ask him to do the update for you...

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

17 hours ago, camott said:

@OE333 is this the same build/revision as you have posted under “extended firmware” on your GitHub site? The version number is v_120 and timestamp of 5 days ago. But notes are 2 months old. Thanks!

Yes, it is exactly the same.

Notes were written when the testing phase began.

24 minutes ago, OE333 said:

Does your dealer have a MP200 ?

Maybe you can ask him to do the update for you...

Possibly, but I bought their ex demo unit and they’re 500 miles away in Scotland! I’ll see if I can find a dealer more local who might be able to do it.
I guess failing that I could virtualise Windows on a Mac 🤔

12 minutes ago, Bobusfindus said:

Possibly, but I bought their ex demo unit and they’re 500 miles away in Scotland! I’ll see if I can find a dealer more local who might be able to do it.
I guess failing that I could virtualise Windows on a Mac 🤔

Nobody in your neighbourhood (family, freinds, neighbours, ...) with a Windows PC?