IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Juice Hifi said:

They typically have acoustically treated rooms, separate bass solutions with a multitude of drivers, line arrays, open baffle, horns etc, equipped with the finest drivers money can buy, class A or class D amplifiers and studio grade multichannel converters. And they all use active crossovers. The owners are typically highly skilled diy builders who have outgrown off-the-shelf speakers decades ago. They are always on the look for sonic improvements. Some of them have been using Audiolense for digital crossovers and sound correction for 5-10 years. Their systems have been scrutinized for equally long, both through measurements and peer reviews, and Audiolense has gained recognition in the process.

I have to agree that digital crossovers is an excellent application for digital room correction. Since there is already DSP involved, it does not hurt to add room correction. No concerns from me doing it this way. There are many benefits of using active crossovers. In fact, thumbs up for those implementing it this way 👍.

Let's give credit where credit's due :). 

52 minutes ago, Juice Hifi said:

In that regard, the last few pages have some of the same traits as a dirty marketing campaign. I just hope that is not @Zaphod Beeblebrox's intention.

I don't think that's @Zaphod Beeblebrox's intention. From my conversations with him on this topic he does not have the time and does not want to deal with measurements and room corrections, but he is open to add this as a standard functionality to PGGB, in a BYOCF (Bring Your Own measurements / Convolution Filters) style. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com