IGNORED

Farad Super3 Listening Impression

45 minutes ago, Iving said:

Thank you for these specific answers. I'm interested as a customer. As an option, are you still thinking of modding existing units. We send you our Mutec MC-3+ USB. You mod and send back with a new Farad PS? Cost of mod (and Farad) done this way? Thanks

Hi! Iving, 

The exisiting unit can be send back to us, after the modification, we can ship with the new Farad PS in same shippment. We are sourcing more Ultra RUBY MICA from Japan, very limited supply from Yazaki san.  This MICA capacitors are very good tweak for sound tuning. This can apply to DC power, power amplifiers into the binding poles.   

The Ultra RUBY MICA background information: 

https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback.com/yazaki-sans-ultimate-ruby-mica-capacitor-mod-for-the-spec-rsa-m3-ex-real-sound-amplifier-part-2/

We have choice of Single unit, Double and Triplets

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, Mjw21a said:

Will it be possible to order this as a "kit" from you Adrian?  I'm loathe to be without my MC3+USB for any period of time is all.

Hi Mjw21a,

The "Kit set" can be prepared too, if you have solder station at home. We can supply all the materials, carbon fiber connections plate, GX16 DC sockets, Duelund silver wires, Audio Note solder + Farad Super 3 LPS Special Edition for DIYers. We just measured the BOX of Farad, it will fit all the items inside the original box. This kit set would be handy for DIYers to enjoy the upgrade process. 

So, we can use the Mutec without leaving it. 

There is some guideline written by SwissBear to de-assembly the Mutec MC-3+USB. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

18 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi Mjw21a,

The "Kit set" can be prepared too, if you have solder station at home. We can supply all the materials, carbon fiber connections plate, GX16 DC sockets, Duelund silver wires, Audio Note solder + Farad Super 3 LPS Special Edition for DIYers. We just measured the BOX of Farad, it will fit all the items inside the original box. This kit set would be handy for DIYers to enjoy the upgrade process. 

So, we can use the Mutec without leaving it. 

There is some guideline written by SwissBear to de-assembly the Mutec MC-3+USB. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

I'll  buy the ready made Super Fared 3 from you thanks Adrian. It's more backplates etc for the Mutec MC-3+USB so I can do that myself. I can't live without my Mutec.  ;)

52 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Iving, 

The exisiting unit can be send back to us, after the modification, we can ship with the new Farad PS in same shippment. We are sourcing more Ultra RUBY MICA from Japan, very limited supply from Yazaki san.  This MICA capacitors are very good tweak for sound tuning. This can apply to DC power, power amplifiers into the binding poles.   

The Ultra RUBY MICA background information: 

https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback.com/yazaki-sans-ultimate-ruby-mica-capacitor-mod-for-the-spec-rsa-m3-ex-real-sound-amplifier-part-2/

We have choice of Single unit, Double and Triplets

Thanks

Well - my decision about AD mod vs. DIY mod. is pending. Partly dependent on prices.

I presume you have already demonstrated the advantage of the MICA capacitors for DC. Do you use them elsewhere in your product range.

Have you tried them on power amp binding posts (per your link)? What is your verdict.

1 hour ago, Iving said:

Thanks

Well - my decision about AD mod vs. DIY mod. is pending. Partly dependent on prices.

I presume you have already demonstrated the advantage of the MICA capacitors for DC. Do you use them elsewhere in your product range.

Have you tried them on power amp binding posts (per your link)? What is your verdict.

Hi! lving,

We are designing AD mod. There will be two options. For the MICA capacitors, we used them the speaker connection on amplifier as below: 

Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

32379155_thumbnail_image0(1).thumb.jpg.e033be757466d1a45b2a9fa4be2ce3e9.jpg

main.thumb.JPG.30b0b2e9e3c662e7fb604a53483748ec.JPG

15 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

5. The warranty willl void after the mod.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.  

So you mean Mutec will not honour its warranty on modded units. That is fully understandable. What about afterdark showing confidence in theiir workmanship and offering a warranty on the entire modded Mutec?

Regards

GG

32 minutes ago, GryphonGuy said:

So you mean Mutec will not honour its warranty on modded units. That is fully understandable. What about afterdark showing confidence in theiir workmanship and offering a warranty on the entire modded Mutec?

Regards

GG

I would imagine they'd warrant their own work, but it wouldn't cover the overall unit. It's a risk you take in the name of improved sound quality.

46 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Got overreacted and ordered a Super Fared 3 with Level 1 cable upgrade for my Mutec. Will be interesting to see what it does  :)

Level 2 copper is much better 

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, Mjw21a said:

Got overreacted and ordered a Super Fared 3 with Level 1 cable upgrade for my Mutec. Will be interesting to see what it does  :)

Is this a starquad cable ? That’s what you want. 
Have you been given any technical information about the cable ?

Whats the difference between lever 1 and 2 ?

35 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Is this a starquad cable ? That’s what you want. 
Have you been given any technical information about the cable ?

Whats the difference between lever 1 and 2 ?

HI Andreas,

Please look at heir website. Level 2 sound much better ...but avoid the Silver only needed if you need pepper& salt for your audio?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

5 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Yes, I'll likely order that down the track. Just a bit too much coin for me to shell out in one go is all.

I predict the Ghent DC cables is at least equal in quality. Gotham JSSG 360 is probably the best. Have a look at his website.

I don’t know prices of Farad cables.

Edit: Just checked. They don’t state if it’s a star quad, which is crucial in order to obtain a good result. Not saying what brand in use. Almost double price compared to Ghent. 

Stay away from manufacturers that’s not open about what’s going on. 

I have no reason to doubt their PS, and would highly likely purchase one as my next upgrade for my Sonictransporter. So I’m only criticizing the cables. 

Today, we just finished the socket design with carbon fiber in 3mm for Mutec MC-3+USB. 

452111833_CarbonFiber2.thumb.jpg.bbeb1bc70c17c7d7759466e5c5cd13e9.jpg

1914303795_CarbonFiber.thumb.jpg.66fe5720c07d688505bc7ddc5b0162d1.jpg

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

…..and pictures the other side ?

@AfterDark.

Why not use a 4 pin connector in order to easy terminate a start quad DC cable ?

Hi R1200CL,

This can be change with 4 pins connector too. So you can double run the DC cable x 2 to the Mutec. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

image.jpeg
Example of a starquad cable. 

Hi! R1200CL,

The 4 pins version can be customize, made to order for audiophile.

GX16.thumb.jpg.9836ddf78b0ce527c735458ae9cace36.jpg

2109159928_GX16inside.thumb.jpg.4f11fd08fbf3e41a23ba0435ae6ecc45.jpg

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

Hi Adrain,

Please let us know once they are available, thank you

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

Hi! mitch751,

Thanks for your interested. The modification service for Mutec MC-3+USB is avaliable next week.

To celebrate the corporation with Mr. Mattijs from Farad, AfterDark and Farad will give out FREE one set of AfterDark. AudiophilleMAT Forest Series 1 for every purchase of Farad Super3. The special offer is for purchase from audiophilestyle's member only. 

Farad Super3 Purchase Link

Free Gift Code: FREEMAT

Limited offer only while stock last. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

LPS3.thumb.jpg.eff21900008de6cf5ea3227f916a06a4.jpg

FREE 1 set of AfterDark. AudiophileMAT Forest Series 1 

LPS2.thumb.jpg.d6759bab9eb9cdd6dbf4b199f99c110f.jpg

The set will included one wooden board on the left and set of 4 Wooden Block made from Pterocarpus Indicus, very high density and sounds really good on Farad Super 3.