IGNORED

Farad Super3 Listening Impression

@AfterDark.I believe you've tried the Farad Super3 with your OCXO clocks as well. How did it improve performance vs the Afterdark LPS which I have? I'm wondering whether I should upgrade the LPS on my clock. What sonic effects did you find?

I've been reading an interesting thread over on What's Best Forum: Reality is Cruel which seems to indicate that the power supply quality directly improves clock performance and am wondering whether you would be able to advise me of the  phase noise performance for the Emperor Double Crown phase noise measurements at 10Hz and 1Hz with a Super3 in place. I'm assuming that the measurements on your site were taken with the Afterdark Black Modernize LPS in place.

Thanks again Adrian  :)

Hi! Mjw21a,

Thanks for your message. We are using the Farad Super3 with our Giesemann OCXO clock. We found that the separation, texture, and details is extreme good on Farad Super3. So, we changed all the power supply to Farad now. 

We are pleased to informed that we are having promotion on Farad Super3, it will come with FREE AfterDark. AudiophileMAT 1 set per every purchase of Farad Super3. 

Free Gift Code: FREEMAT

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

Just now, Mjw21a said:

@AfterDark.Can I confirm the DC plug size needed for your clocks? Is it the 2.1 or 2.5mm? Just asking as I'm currently upgrading my 2.5mm Level 1 umbilical for a Level 2. If the 2.5mm Level 1 will fit the Emperor Double Crown then I can source without an additional umbilical.

Hi! Mjw21a,

The Giesemann Clock is 2.1mm plug. So, please change the plug to 2.1mm. Very important to have best contact for power supply.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, Cazzesman said:

So I guess the next question is.....

Can you supply a Farad Super3 with dual outputs.    1 for the 6v into the modded mutec and 1 for whatever Voltage is needed to power the OCXO? 

Does it ever end Mjw21a? :-)

Regards Cazzesman

I'd like to think so. I was considering a balanced isolation transformer, though am now considering the Fared Super3 and a Curious cables Evolved.... 

If only I knew which would give the biggest performance benefit for the money. It will be one upgrade or the other.  Not both.

The balanced isolation transformer might have more impact cleaning up the AC for the clock, Mutec, DAC and 2x amps.... Or it might make no difference at all. Difficult decision.

7 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

If only I knew which would give the biggest performance benefit for the money. It will be one upgrade or the other.  Not both.

The balanced isolation transformer might have more impact cleaning up the AC for the clock, Mutec, DAC and 2x amps.... Or it might make no difference at all. Difficult decision.

Don’t you think the isolation property of the Uptone LPS-1.2 is a good option for the clock ?

Lover price as well. 

3 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Don’t you think the isolation property of the Uptone LPS-1.2 is a good option for the clock ?

Lover price as well. 

Sure,  but a balanced isolation transformer will work with more components is my point. Whether it actually makes a difference though is anyones guess.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, Cazzesman said:

So I guess the next question is.....

Can you supply a Farad Super3 with dual outputs.    1 for the 6v into the modded mutec and 1 for whatever Voltage is needed to power the OCXO? 

Does it ever end Mjw21a? :-)

Regards Cazzesman

For those playing at home I asked this question via email of Farad.   I got a very prompt and detailed reply informing me that they do not build dual power supplies of the like I suggested.  

Thanks to Farad for the reply.    So it is a Farad S3 for the Mutec and one for the OCXO.  got it. 👍

Regards Cazzesman