IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

10 hours ago, 57gold said:

Could someone explain the 1X filter versus the Nx filter selections, what's going on and what benefit results from selecting different filters for each option?  Thanks.  Read the manual and even after hanging around here periodically for years, it's mostly "all Greek to me."

1x filter is for 44.1/48 source rates, and Nx for rates above those. Point is that those 1x rates require much steeper and more aggressive filter than the higher rates where you can have earlier more gentle roll-off.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 3/26/2022 at 5:14 PM, mitch751 said:

Just bought a Mac Studio Ultra .. running HQ Player with the following setting : very smooth with no issue at all ...  In term of fan ... damn quiet .. can't hear any even with my ears so closed to it

signal-2022-03-26-154800_001.png

signal-2022-03-26-154809_001.png

signal-2022-03-26-154809_002.png

Good Lord man, put it to test already!  See what it is capable of at the top end.  These settings are pedestrian and already attained with lesser M1 chips.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

2 hours ago, scintilla said:

Good Lord man, put it to test already!  See what it is capable of at the top end.  These settings are pedestrian and already attained with lesser M1 chips.  

What settings are unobtainable on a normal M1?   I just upgraded to a max but had been on v3 hqplyer ext2 for years.  I have not found any setting that won't play yet but am curious as to what settings are very high demand?  2 channel only.

3 hours ago, itguy61 said:

What settings are unobtainable on a normal M1?   I just upgraded to a max but had been on v3 hqplyer ext2 for years.  I have not found any setting that won't play yet but am curious as to what settings are very high demand?  2 channel only.

i’d be very curious if you can run this?:

ASDM7ECv2

poly-sinc-gauss-xla

DSD512 from 44.1

21 minutes ago, oldfirm said:

Ultimately it is about sound quality - Will these settings guarantee more than just a subtle gain?

Great question, and I don’t know as I can’t run this with a MM1.  Ultimately should come down to the system / DAC (?), but I’m just curious if possible with the Studio.

47 minutes ago, oldfirm said:

I know unrelated to this post -But I am experiencing shut down of ROON after 5 minutes of play . This is happening after latest ROON update.

HQPlayer remains operational 

I think it is related to display shut down , so I am exploring this

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/amphetamine/id937984704?mt=12

that will allow you to stop the screen from shutting down and the computer from going to sleep.

Or you can go to System Preferences > Energy Saver > and set the display to not turn off.

No electron left behind.

Hi there, I recently installed HQ Player 4 on my new MMM1 and I am new at this forum. The improvement of the Sound Quality compared to previously used Audirvana is even greater than expected. 😀 Nevertheless I am confronted with an issue, I could not solve so far and hope someone here has an answer to it. My Music ist stored on a QNAP NAS. I can find and pick the root directory for my music collection on the NAS as a source in the library scan and the scan starts to search for music files. So far so good. Unfortunately the scan stops surprisingly quick after maybe 60 seconds and fills the library with only a small fraction of the music, that ist stored under the root directory. I tried to scan several times with and without removing all previous entry and by Clear Scan as well. Checking/Unchecking Structure only or Extract covers did not make a difference. Any ideas? Thx in advance   

4 hours ago, AnHa said:

Unfortunately the scan stops surprisingly quick after maybe 60 seconds and fills the library with only a small fraction of the music, that ist stored under the root directory. I tried to scan several times with and without removing all previous entry and by Clear Scan as well. Checking/Unchecking Structure only or Extract covers did not make a difference. Any ideas? Thx in advance   

Is the content in supported format? Does HQPlayer have permissions to access the content? You could enable log file from HQPlayer settings, restart HQPlayer and initiate the scan. And then check the log file for any possible errors. Log called HQPlayer4Desktop.log is located in "~/.hqplayer" folder (you can use Finder's Go To menu option to get there). It is just a plain text file.

57 minutes ago, Miska said:

Is the content in supported format? Does HQPlayer have permissions to access the content? You could enable log file from HQPlayer settings, restart HQPlayer and initiate the scan. And then check the log file for any possible errors. Log called HQPlayer4Desktop.log is located in "~/.hqplayer" folder (you can use Finder's Go To menu option to get there). It is just a plain text file.

Thank you Miska, I checked the hqplayers product description and could not find ALAC as supported file format.  The majority of my music is represented in this codec. This seems to be the reason for my issue. If so, I have a lot of work to do. 😅 But anyway, its worth it.

14 hours ago, Schafheide said:

Beware of the latest MacOS update for your M1 - 1 April 2022.

Surely not April fool from Apple??

Either way, once installed, my M1 could not recognise my normal boot process for HQP.

My other M1 (not upgraded) is fine - thankfully!!!

Solved - the update had somehow changed the Sharing setup!

Hi All:

My W4S dac died, so I now have a dac that can do more than DSD256, a Denafrips Pontus II with Iris DDC and a Schitt Freya + as a preamp.

Question: Are there any filters that the Mac Mini M1 can run at DSD512 or very high rate PCM that I can try out?

I can't quite run poly-sinc-gauss-xla with ASDM7ECv2 at DSD256 which everyone seems to really like. So far I'm using Closed Form 16M but would at least like to try something at a higher rate just for fun!

Also, is there a preferred dac bit setting other than default that is recommended for the Pontus?

Thanks!

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

15 hours ago, rah50 said:

Also, is there a preferred dac bit setting other than default that is recommended for the Pontus?

I have not seen linearity sweep results for Pontus, but if it's like Ares II, it is best to set DAC Bits to 16.

15 hours ago, rah50 said:

I can't quite run poly-sinc-gauss-xla with ASDM7ECv2 at DSD256 which everyone seems to really like.

It should work for 1x on M1 Mini, for Nx you need to select something else like gauss-long or gauss-hires.