IGNORED

Red Underwear, Cheap Fiats and Other Moto Stuff

There are no red Fiats in the link below, but there is a blue one and a green one.  And if I could borrow one to drive for an hour or so, slide number 27 please.

Goodwood is about an hour and a half drive for me and a truly wonderful place to visit either for the Revival meeting or the Festival of Speed.  Like many things this year it is cancelled, but I do look forward to its return. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/let-s-relive-the-2019-goodwood-revival/ss-BB18WCeF?ocid=msnews#image=1

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:57 PM, accwai said:

If one must have that one more car, this would be a rather cost effective option:

xred_corvette_car_lift.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

I am building a bigger garage now, this may be an option to fit more than 3 cars in there. It may be dependent upon building codes and such because I live in the city.

No electron left behind.

9 hours ago, accwai said:

Wouldn't the GT40 be in there somewhere?

I love the GT40, although I suspect I might be too tall to comfortably drive one.

They look a little tricky in the wet ....

Tricky in the dry too....

A lovely car, but maybe Adrian Newey should stick to designing racing cars, rather than driving them ....

Note that the photograph below predates the videos above, the poor GT40 looks trashed but the damage was mainly to bodywork and it would appear that Adrian has enough cash to be able to both rebuild the car and risk trashing it again.

GT.PNG

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

6 hours ago, Confused said:

I love the GT40, although I suspect I might be too tall to comfortably drive one.

At 6’2”, 170 lbs (42 long, 33” waist, 36” sleeve length), I couldn’t comfortably drive the road version GT40.  Dan Gurney was 6’4” and did pretty well in his race car - but the interiors are entirely different. More accurately, the street version has an interior and the original race cars did not.

The street GT40 has 2 1/2” less headroom, 5 1/2” less shoulder room, and 9” less hip room than the Supra / Z4. Legroom’s within half an inch.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, sphinxsix said:

I'm glad someone thinks of that more orless the same way that I do..  ;)

Seems it's still BMW not Audi, at least sometimes..

Probably depends more on the model now:

BMW-181_Web-Header-1024x439.jpg

Now back up a little if you don't mind:

On 9/3/2020 at 10:49 AM, sphinxsix said:

[...] As for the red underwear - the later 20V version had standard Brembo brakes as far as I remember, but I don't know if this counts..

So what color of those brake thingies would be better performance? Red?

brake.jpg.3dda293fa4fc24e8b2c2d01ea15e1550.jpg

Or blue?

brake_blue.jpg.7aaaededfc8aa295f76243345ad82f6e.jpg

Or something else?

Here we go, fellas.  Don't miss your chance at this beauty!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-fiat-uno-2/

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

20 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

In this car I'd personally be ready to accept it.. 

In case of this one ..I'm not so sure.. x-D

[...]

you-can-own-one-of-tom-hanks-favorite-cars-the-fiat-126p

The neighbor a few doors down has one of these:

89bf3450ba7badf6b5557d1c07483b16847d9243

It may look really fast but 126 is two numbers higher so yours must be better performance. Everybody knows you can't argue with math right?

What about you.? :)

I'm no expert but station wagon is more of my thing:

8016989278_e7212be196_c.jpg

The wife says cars must be practical and station wagon is as practical as one can get right?

On 10/3/2020 at 7:00 PM, accwai said:

The neighbor a few doors down has one of these:

Saw it for the very first time just a couple of weeks ago. A white one. I'd say this version is a 'muscle paint'..

It may look really fast but 126 is two numbers higher so yours must be better performance. Everybody knows you can't argue with math right?

I can only agree with that. We've all seen the 126 rally videos..

I'm no expert but station wagon is more of my thing:

The wife says cars must be practical and station wagon is as practical as one can get right?

I actually owned Golf III 2.8 liter once. Got my first station wagon ever 2 years ago without pressure from anybody (it's Ford Focus) - a very good thing for carrying bike(s) - a very important thing here - I guess I might have done more km's by bike than by car since I came to the Netherlands x-D Driving a car here is no fun. Everybody's slow on the road and there are cameras every 50m.. You pay for exceeding the limit by 4km/h. I have a friend who sometimes goes to Germany for a faster, highway ride (no speed limits) but for me this isn't fun either, secondary, winding roads e.g. in Alps are (were) my thing.. Maybe some day.. In some other car (with a bike rack, of course).. 

At a show call 'Treffen der Hamster' in New Hampshire - mine is the orange one :D

DSC00518.JPG

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Ok.. here are two questions addressed to everyone interested in sharing his (her..?) car passion.. I think this could be really interesting :)

1. What's the favorite car you've ever had and why it's your favorite one.? 

2. Very simple - what's the car of your dreams, and again - why this one.?

As for me - I've actually already answered both questions, at least partially.

(yes my favorite one that I've owned was a Fiat x-D (a blue one) - it handled well, looked and sounded (huge Remus) pretty cool, also was the very first one in my city - so even some ladies happened to their heads x-D)

As for the 2nd question (do I really have to explain - why.?!):

On 10/4/2020 at 7:45 PM, sphinxsix said:

I can only agree with that. We've all seen the 126 rally videos..

If 2 numbers up is good, up by 5 again got to be better a whole lot more:

629px-Fiat_131_Abarth_-_Cesana-Sestriere

A good Group 4 homologation edition like the above would likely be in the six-figure range though.

[...] I have a friend who sometimes goes to Germany for a faster, highway ride (no speed limits) but for me this isn't fun either, secondary, winding roads e.g. in Alps are (were) my thing.. Maybe some day.. In some other car (with a bike rack, of course).. 

This is quite interesting:

On 10/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, sphinxsix said:

2. Very simple - what's the car of your dreams,

i8_pig.jpg.4174578106f93db007cb3ee7ebe97c7f.jpg

and again - why this one.?

The pig's just too cute :x The ASD active exhaust is rather decent too of course.

23 hours ago, accwai said:

If 2 numbers up is good, up by 5 again got to be better a whole lot more:

629px-Fiat_131_Abarth_-_Cesana-Sestriere

I'm not sure I don't prefer this design style, it's also red so probably quite fast

(and it's 2 more numbers up!) ;)

Pin de Mika Kataja en fiat 133 | Coches

This is quite interesting:

My kind of road!

The ASD active exhaust is rather decent too of course.

Do they also make an audiophile edition.?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, sphinxsix said:

Are you joking.? 

If something is supposed to be fast it just has to be red!

For sure! People are taking selfies in front of this thing:

brake_red.jpg.6b21c1119367aba111fa4d3c69b39c34.jpg

So everybody agrees with you. Can't wait to be knowledgeable enough to understand what the thing is. Until then, no selfies for me.

About a decade ago we spent a week touring around the Amalfi Coast, including Naples and Vesuvius.  We had a delightful Italian guide and saw many, many Fiats, mostly the ubiquitous Cinquecentos and its predecessors and successors.  I asked her what does Fiat mean?  She answered without missing a beat, "Fix it again, Tony."

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files