IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of ... Bill Withers's Still Bill

20 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Josh,

This was a special read for me.  I started reading it yesterday where in the first part of the article I got to learn the fascinating back story of Bill Withers.  You are absolutely right that very little is out there on the man.  That stayed in my mind all day as I sat down earlier this evening for the rest of the article with the music playing in the background.  I suddenly caught on to the fact that you were writing about the album song by song.  I found myself listening intently to each song looking for the cues from your article.  What a fantastic way to listen to an album.

Thank you very much for an extraordinary insight into the life and music of Bill Withers.  This has easily been one of the best reads for me on AS for a long time.

Regards

Thank you, @Nikhil. Kind feedback like this is what makes me keep writing. I always hope my TBVOs give people joy by bringing them closer to the music. 

Wow, Josh! Way to capture the spirit of Bill Withers! Re: I told Bill, ‘That’s a hit!’ Man, I remember hearing this tune when it first came on the radio and it just blew my mind! Thanks for bringing back an awesome memory. And now thanks to you I can get an awesome version of it!  Keep up the great writings Josh!

Kind regards,

Mitch

• 3 years later...