IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 4

I've discovered the secret to really enjoying boating....  have friends with boats.  Works great for me.  I just show up for the party!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

@Solstice380 that is a serious system. Really cool way of using the space.

I can see why you don't need to be fiddling around too much with the setup.

I've always thought you were a digital guy and was surprised to see the substantial vinyl collection.

I also noticed that you had multiple DACs.  Which DAC do you listen with the most?

I have to agree with you that the information on digital here at CA/AS is amazing - often on the cutting edge.

Thanks for sharing your setup with us.  Enjoy in good health! 

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Hello @Nikhil !  It's been a while since we've talked and that was mostly about DACs!  I'm old enough to have started with vinyl and have had enough interest (and investment!) to keep with it.  Love the LP covers, liner notes, etc., and of course the nostalgic smell that reminds me of the days spent shuffling through record bins.  Used to hang out with other music lovers listening to the latest releases at the record store usually on some mediocre system and loving it.  Back then that was how you learned about new releases, if you didn't have a subscription to Rolling Stone.

I listen to both the Golden Atlantic and Debussy about the same amount.  I think it's the usual story that they are quite similar but different.  We've talked about the "musical rightness" we hear with the Lampi and the dCS is also musically right but it gets there through being very technically correct.  I might describe the Lampi sound as a liquid waterfall where the dCS is like a smooth ice sculpture.  Both very enjoyable!  I use the McIntosh setup for playing SACDs that I haven't ripped yet.

Take care and keep you and yours well. 😎

Thanks for sharing!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes boating is very expensive...akin to throwing money into a hole in the water.

But as a long time boat owner, I can say that boating provides a lifestyle that is unique and blissful beyond anything else.

Its a whole different world out there on the water, being there makes you forget that it took $600 worth of gas for the weekend.