IGNORED

Chris's Objective/Subjective moat seems one-sided

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:16 PM, jabbr said:

If the site were ideally a bar and we were all sitting down for a drink, then I would enjoy having engineers, artists, scientists, composers, writers and others all free to give their own opinion. The weight of the opinion could be valued by what ideas are expressed, rather than the title of the person expressing it.

The hardcore objectivists would be the ones drinking water and telling us all that is wrong with beer in passive aggressive tones. ;)

On 3/30/2020 at 2:55 AM, kumakuma said:

Ahh, the old subjectivist refrain of "you aren't an audiophile because you're an objectivist"...

Sorry, but I refuse to let you or anyone else define me or make me feel like a second class citizen because I take a different approach to this hobby.

I've never seen anyone write that. The very problem is so-called objectivists trying to make someone else "feel like a second class citizen" by putting out their beliefs as superior, in a manner akin to a religion. 

It was especially frustrating in the MQA threads, as if I forgot to bookmark a post with important information, it would take me hours of going through page after page of crap to find it again. Since I've been wanting to make a video about MQA, that alone has put me off.