IGNORED

Best Audiophile Christmas Present...

ray-dude

I just bought a new house at Bangalow, Australia, which is 15 minutes from the Byron Bay Blues Festival, which is held over 5 days each Easter. There are a series of 5 marques, with around 7 acts in each every day. i.e. over 150 live one hour concerts over a 5 day period.

It attracts over 100,000 music lovers and the artists that have appeared over the last 25 years include:

Dylan, Canned Heat, John Mayall, Oasis, Taj Mahal, Elvin Bishop, Tony Joe White, Ben Harper, Ket Mo, Steve Earle, Robert Cray, Doctor John, Tony Joe White, Robben Ford, Emmylou Harris, Jack Johnson, John Fogerty, Buddy Guy, BB King, Elvis Costello, Crosby Still & Nash, Santana, Dave Mathews Band, Patti Smith, Robert Plant, Iggy Pop ....... 

I love my hifi system(s) but there ain't nothing like the real thing ..... standing in a heaving crowd of sweaty bodies grooving to the beat

... play that funky music white boy

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Back in 1995 my wife bought me a VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine. It was a complete surprise as I’m not confident that she pays much attention to anything but the music. 

i still have that machine. It works great and I’ve never felt the need to upgrade or replace it. Imagine that, audiophile equipment that can’t be improved!