IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

38 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Apologies, I made the assume mistake.  It was not my intent to provoke rash behavior on your part. which sadly is what the "baiting" goal is of most of those countering @sandyk

You appear to making the same "assume mistake" again.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

23 minutes ago, sandyk said:

In case some like Kumakuma haven't noticed , this forum is also supported financially by Audiophile manufacturers, unlike forums such as Hydrogen Audio etc. Without their support this forum would more than likely cease to exist.

No idea why you feel the need to call me out in your post but please stop dragging me in your rants.

3 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Which is not the point. I want to see how capable the laptop is of getting the sound right, in the areas that it can, if I give it every chance - I don't intend to seriously listen to it, merely explore how well the audio circuitry can perform.

This is an example of how I approach each system - what's it doing right, what's it doing wrong? What happens when I alter parameters, in any sense ... the point is to learn ...

Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Blackmorec said:

I’d be really interested to hear which laws of physics are violated by the following:

• Interconnecting cables whose sound differs from one another
  • USB cables whose sound differs from one another
  • Vibration control of electronics and transport
  • Removal of LF and HF noise
  • Sound that changes during the first 100 hours of operation of newly manufactured components.

So here you go Ralf. Here’s your opportunity to switch gears and get scientific and factual....have at it  

I'm pretty sure that Ralf was referring to Alex's beliefs in regards to bit-identical files, AKA the "third rail" of Audiophile Style.

Just now, Blackmorec said:

all I’m asking you to do is match them up with the laws they violate and explain why or how. 

Even if Ralf or someone else went to the trouble of doing this, would it change your mind in any way?

7 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Don't be silly, Blackmorec - you don't want a sensible answer, because that would spoil the fun of hurling over-ripe tomatoes over the barriers ... 🙂.

At least they don't smell as bad as what you're slinging...

17 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

Would you like me to explain in transactional analysis terms how these childish insults are supposed to operate and what’s behind them or would you rather discuss hi-fi? 

Not surprised that you should mention a pseudoscience like TA...

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Bullshit.  As usual, you are only quoting the part that suits you. I have stated on numerous occasions that they are degraded .  The Love Over Gold files that I sent to Martin Colloms for the series of DBTs were sent via the Internet. However, I have no doubt whatsoever that if I had sent them on USB memory, or as I did later on, with a series of comparison CDs that the Audible differences would have been much more obvious. Just like another member you are very adept at massaging the truth, so I will ignore further replies from you in this area.

Bullshit right back to you.

If there are "huge differences", why didn't your hero Barry D say that instead of reporting possible subtle differences between your test files?

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Except perhaps in the area where your training tells you that there shouldn't be any audible differences.

I would put it to you, that in this case that your brain may not let you hear what others are reporting due to your Expectation Bias not being able to be fully overridden. 

I suspect that you'll disagree but I believe that the differences would need to be extremely small for this kind of expectation bias to kick in.

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps because I refuse to be bullied by the likes of a closed minded Troll,( by your own admission) , like  you ?

What about the likes of open minded Trolls?