IGNORED

When will the reign of terror end?

On 9/20/2019 at 9:22 AM, TheAttorney said:

For years I've solved the "piercing blue LED" issue with a dab of permanent black marker onto the very tip of the LED. 

This leaves a gentle blue glow, but masks the piercing bit in the middle - without spoiling the overall look of the equipment. I use a thin tipped write-4-all marker that will stick to any plastic. This for equipment I intend to keep for a long time.

For a less permament solution, I cut a small circle of masking tape (or use precut liitle sticky-back paper dots). With some black marker on top of the tape/paper to further darken as necessary. This doesn't look as tidy as the permanent solution.

Whilst I hate piercing blue "power-on" LEDs, I'm quite happy with the gentler backlit meters style of Marantz - from what I've seen in the hifi stores, as I've never owned them.

Green marker sounds better.

1 hour ago, cjf said:

Here's your cure to those pesky bright Blue lights. Drink more booze while listening. Works for me :)

Awesome wine by the way:
spacer.png

Should I ask or just assume this is a California wine? :)

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.