IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I have a Yggy with both the microRendu and and USB attached hard drive (via a sonicTransporter). I have been unable to get the signal to the Yggy. Andrew, at SmallGreenComputer has helped, and he recommended that I try a DDC (USB to SPDIF). This still did not help. Suggestions are welcome.

I'll connect it again today and let you know what and how etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Still no luck with playback.

Here is my DAC diagnostic screen:

USB output

DAC description: Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB 0d8c:0316

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Schiit Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 7 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000

Data packet interval: 125 us

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S24_3LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: S32_LE

Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)

Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0

Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined

Playback channels: Mono

Mono: Playback [on]

DAC DIAGNOSTIC TOP OF PAGE.PNG

SSH

Still no luck with playback.

Here is my DAC diagnostic screen:

USB output

DAC description: Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB 0d8c:0316

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Schiit Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S24_3LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: S32_LE

Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)

Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0

Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined

Playback channels: Mono

Mono: Playback [on]

Strange. If you want, you can let Andrew know that he can connect to my system if he wants to see a working configuration, in the effort to figure out what's going on.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I have a Yggy with both the microRendu and and USB attached hard drive (via a sonicTransporter). I have been unable to get the signal to the Yggy. Andrew, at SmallGreenComputer has helped, and he recommended that I try a DDC (USB to SPDIF). This still did not help. Suggestions are welcome.

Probably a stupid question;

Did Yggdrasil USB ever worked ? I mean how did it make sound before ?

Using Roon or ? What ?

A lot of people are using this combination. Is the microRendu Enabled for playback in Roon?

I never see the microRendu and the Yggy with Roon, only the sonicTransporter. On the sonicorbiter page, they are both there. Andrew from Smallgreencomputer has tried to help but no outut to the Yggy yet.

SSH

Probably a stupid question;

Did Yggdrasil USB ever worked ? I mean how did it make sound before ?

Using Roon or ? What ?

The Yggy works with USB via JRiver.

How does it sound? I like it, my musician friends like it. I bought the Ragnorak six months after buying the Yggy, I think that says something. The two together produce remarkable music, the low volume performance is remarkable, sonics that, to these ears, that usually happen only at much louder volumes.

SSH

I never see the microRendu and the Yggy with Roon, only the sonicTransporter. On the sonicorbiter page, they are both there. Andrew from Smallgreencomputer has tried to help but no outut to the Yggy yet.

What switch are you using ? Are they all on same switch ?

I'm not familiar with the sonic transporter, but can you ping the MicroRendu from it. I don't know if that is possible.

But I expect you can ping everything from you PC ?

I guess you have a PC. You could install Roon on the PC, and test from there ?

The Yggy works with USB via JRiver.

How does it sound? I like it, my musician friends like it. I bought the Ragnorak six months after buying the Yggy, I think that says something. The two together produce remarkable music, the low volume performance is remarkable, sonics that, to these ears, that usually happen only at much louder volumes.

Then I guess adding the MicroRendu as DNLA in that setup also work ?

I have two microRendu setups with Schiit multibit DACs (Yggy for speaker system, Bimby for headphone system). Both set for Roon, with Roon Core running on an Intel NUC, everything connected with Cat 6, Netgear ProSAFE switches, and fixed IP addresses set by a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE-5 router (which also connects to the cable modem). I've never had problems with this. My hunch is that you have a networking problem, possibly involving multicast or jumbo UDB packets. Fortunately, my gear just works and I haven't had to mess with server, router, or switch configurations.

My next move is to ditch the Wireworld USB cable and use the supplied "hard" cable. If that doesn't work, I'm taking the sT and mR to my neighbor's Bel Canto system to try...

I have two microRendu setups with Schiit multibit DACs (Yggy for speaker system, Bimby for headphone system). Both set for Roon, with Roon Core running on an Intel NUC, everything connected with Cat 6, Netgear ProSAFE switches, and fixed IP addresses set by a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE-5 router (which also connects to the cable modem). I've never had problems with this. My hunch is that you have a networking problem, possibly involving multicast or jumbo UDB packets. Fortunately, my gear just works and I haven't had to mess with server, router, or switch configurations.

SSH

I checked the jumbo packets, good there. The router is a Netgear N600. Might that be the problem?

How do I check for multicast?

If I understand that Roon does not find your microRendu I would like you to try the following:

From the microRendu go to Apps / App Switcher and select SqueezeLite output mode.

From the Roon go to Settings / Setup and Enable Squeezebox Support

From the Roon go to Settings / Audio and let me know if you see the device under Squeezebox.

Note: For this to work you can't be running Logitech Media Server on the network.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I was wondering what the process is for MicroRendu to be updated to send DSD256 in NAA mode to a Lampi Atlantic DAC with an Amanero Combo384 USB board in it? Amanero appears to have released new firmware that is confirmed as stable upto DSD256 and a patched kernel was published by hifi25nl as well on Github.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm assuming but want to better understand the steps involved after the firmware and kernel updates and get a timeline for possible update of the MR.

Thanks for your time in advance.

I have read from other thread that the microRendu sounds better when connected by 100 Mbps ethernet instead of GE, is this correct? Any comment?

Thanks,

Haven't noticed any differnce between the two.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)