IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

2 setup questions: Received the Sonore power supply tonite, connected the microRendu to an Airport Extreme and the USB to a Berkeley Alpha that is connected to a Berkeley. Reference, enabled MicroRendu in Roon on my MacbookPro. At the website on the Settings tab the Audio Device is grayed out and says USB Output and I cannot enter the Berkeley. Is this normal? On the microRendu the center light is green and the right light is blinking amber. Is this Ok? Sound is flowing. I am inquiring because it seems I Could not enter an output device. Thanks

2 setup questions: Received the Sonore power supply tonite, connected the microRendu to an Airport Extreme and the USB to a Berkeley Alpha that is connected to a Berkeley. Reference, enabled MicroRendu in Roon on my MacbookPro. At the website on the Settings tab the Audio Device is grayed out and says USB Output and I cannot enter the Berkeley. Is this normal? On the microRendu the center light is green and the right light is blinking amber. Is this Ok? Sound is flowing. I am inquiring because it seems I Could not enter an output device. Thanks

It's fine. Remember the OS is scaled up or down based on the platform used. On the SonicOrbiter SE that box is active so you can pick between USB and optical. On the microRendu there is only USB so nothing to select.

Thanks. And thanks for the quick response. I connected it to your new power supply that I received today no.004. with an Odin power cord and the sound after only 3 hours of breaking in is wonderful, full, wide, very detailed and very analog sounding. Thanks for a great product!

Jesus, I'm still trying to understand BubbleUPnP Server. If I'm using MinimServer on the Windows 10 machine that is hosting my music files, doesn't it make more sense to install BubbleUPnP Server on that Windows 10 machine than on the micro Rendu?

I went ahead and installed BubbleUPnP Server on the micro Rendu in the meantime. I followed the instructions in the thread SonicOrbiter - TIDAL Setup with OpenHome. I don't use TIDAL, but I do use Qobuz.

Don't I also want to enable BubbleUPnP Server to make a proxy for MinimServer on Windows 10? I'm really having a hard time understanding the role of this software.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I run mine with minimserver and music files on my MBP and BubbleUPnP on the uRendu. Why? Cause Jesus said so ;)

And what should atheists do? :-)

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Jesus, I'm still trying to understand BubbleUPnP Server. If I'm using MinimServer on the Windows 10 machine that is hosting my music files, doesn't it make more sense to install BubbleUPnP Server on that Windows 10 machine than on the micro Rendu?

I went ahead and installed BubbleUPnP Server on the micro Rendu in the meantime. I followed the instructions in the thread SonicOrbiter - TIDAL Setup with OpenHome. I don't use TIDAL, but I do use Qobuz.

Don't I also want to enable BubbleUPnP Server to make a proxy for MinimServer on Windows 10? I'm really having a hard time understanding the role of this software.

You can install BubbleUPNP Server anywhere it makes sense to you. You do not need to make a proxy for MinimServer. You just need to make the microRendu an OpenHome renderer so Tidal and Quboz are available in the Kazoo App. I'm not sure if Tidal and Quboz work on the Lumin App without making the microRendu an OpenHome renderer.

You can install BubbleUPNP Server anywhere it makes sense to you. You do not need to make a proxy for MinimServer. You just need to make the microRendu an OpenHome renderer so Tidal and Quboz are available in the Kazoo App. I'm not sure if Tidal and Quboz work on the Lumin App without making the microRendu an OpenHome renderer.

As per Lumin's own website, they use standard UPnP.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

I'm having an issue. I'm at a local audio gathering, and we were planning to compare the microRendu to a newly finished highly tweaked DIY music server. Setup was going well on his local network, until we plugged in the USB cable to his DAC. Then the microRendu disappeared from the network. MicroRendu hardware has no lights on at all. Ive tried unplugging everything and replugging power and ethernet about 10 times. Still nothing. I'm concerned it's fried, but no idea. And not sure why simply plugging in a USB cable would do it.

Any thoughts about what's going on and how to resolve?

I'm having an issue. I'm at a local audio gathering, and we were planning to compare the microRendu to a newly finished highly tweaked DIY music server. Setup was going well on his local network, until we plugged in the USB cable to his DAC. Then the microRendu disappeared from the network. MicroRendu hardware has no lights on at all. Ive tried unplugging everything and replugging power and ethernet about 10 times. Still nothing. I'm concerned it's fried, but no idea. And not sure why simply plugging in a USB cable would do it.

Any thoughts about what's going on and how to resolve?

Is the SD card inserted properly into its slot? Anyway to check the power supply for voltage. What USB device did you connect to it? What PS are you using?

Is the SD card inserted properly into its slot? Anyway to check the power supply for voltage. What USB device did you connect to it? What PS are you using?

Yes, the SD card is seated well. The rendu was working fine, and I was working on its settings via sonic orbiter web interface when we inserted the USB cable. Then the rendu became inaccessible from the network. Then I went to the hardware and found no lights. I unplugged everything. Then plugged power and Ethernet back in, with no USB cable. No lights at all.

Connecting to Luckit USB receiver in a DDDAC DIY DAC. WaveIO board. No 5V input required on that board, and the USB cable does not have the wire for 5V.

Using the iFI ipower supply.

Yes, the SD card is seated well. The rendu was working fine, and I was working on its settings via sonic orbiter web interface when we inserted the USB cable. Then the rendu became inaccessible from the network. Then I went to the hardware and found no lights. I unplugged everything. Then plugged power and Ethernet back in, with no USB cable. No lights at all.

Connecting to Luckit USB receiver in a DDDAC DIY DAC. WaveIO board. No 5V input required on that board, and the USB cable does not have the wire for 5V.

Using the iFI ipower supply.

There should not be any issues with those components. It's doing what it does if the OS is not booting...no lights come on when power is applied. The SD card should be nearly flush with the faceplate. Try removing the card without power connected and then reinserting it. The SD card clicks in. Check the PS as well.

There should not be any issues with those components. It's doing what it does if the OS is not booting...no lights come on when power is applied. The SD card should be nearly flush with the faceplate. Try removing the card without power connected and then reinserting it. The SD card clicks in. Check the PS as well.

Right. I had already tried removing the SD card while unpowered and re-seating it. I just did that once again. Still no lights. The iFi PS is still slightly warm with no load. I'm pretty sure it's still alive, but have no multimeter here at buddy's house to test. He does have an HDPlex PS with a 9v output I can try.

Right. I had already tried removing the SD card while unpowered and re-seating it. I just did that once again. Still no lights. The iFi PS is still slightly warm with no load. I'm pretty sure it's still alive, but have no multimeter here at buddy's house to test. He does have an HDPlex PS with a 9v output I can try.

Try it.

You are running out of options. It sounds like that one is going to have to return for service.

Thanks for all the prompt help troubleshooting, Jesus. But I'm having trouble getting a response from Andrew regarding returning for service. Am I going about it wrong? I've emailed a couple times - Saturday, and again early today. Nothing yet. Am I being too impatient?

I'm certain this is a dummy question:

I have a Synology DS1815+ connected to an AirPort Extreme.

Would I connect an Ethernet cable directly between the NAS and uRendu, as depicted in the illustration in Chris' review? The Synology has four Ethernet ports, one of which is connected to the AirPort Extreme. I would have thought that the uRendu would be connected to the AirPort Extreme, as any other device on the network would be. But perhaps that is showing some LAN ignorance on my part...

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

I'm certain this is a dummy question:

I have a Synology DS1815+ connected to an AirPort Extreme.

Would I connect an Ethernet cable directly between the NAS and uRendu, as depicted in the illustration in Chris' review? The Synology has four Ethernet ports, one of which is connected to the AirPort Extreme. I would have thought that the uRendu would be connected to the AirPort Extreme, as any other device on the network would be. But perhaps that is showing some LAN ignorance on my part...

You can do either in fact. But the conventional thing would be to connect it to your AirportExtreme. That should work straight out of the box.

Jesus, since installing my microrendu, sonicorbiter.com does not find it. I did not worry about this initially because I am able to ping it and Roon sees it. Now I am having trouble getting HQPlayer running and I wonder if it is because it is not seeing the device (it does not come up under Network Audio Adapter). Any suggestions? Also, joining Storytime, if anyone wants to post their settings for an Yggy that would be much appreciated.