IGNORED

Forum Rules Suggestion

27 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I was literally shocked at how hard he worked to avoid any substantive technical discussion. And he wasted a LOT of keystrokes on jibber jabber.  Some people were like, "oh my god, can't you guys be nice to the cable god?"  I felt more like I was looking at a naked emperor.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest. As for being a cable god, from what I can tell, Galen held the title of Principal Engineer at Belden. In most companies, that's a level 3 or 4 title. Retiring at that level is decidedly unimpressive.

37 minutes ago, sandyk said:
1 hour ago, mansr said:

The Iconoclast cables aren't costing that much to produce vs other cable.

How the hell do you know that ?

I didn't say that. Please make sure your quotes have correct attribution.

54 minutes ago, manisandher said:

I know nothing about AudioQuest, other than owning the original Dragonfly, which I think is OK for the price. There is no doubt in my mind that charlatans exist in the audio cable industry. BUT... it doesn't follow that all audio cable companies are charlatans.

Many cable applications are far more challenging than audio. Therefore, a company making exclusively audio cables probably isn't at the top of the cable game. They simply don't need to be, even if their products are perfectly good. If a company claims otherwise, they are likely charlatans.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

That's rich coming from you ! YOU need to work on your word choice.

loser / looser. A person who is a failure is a loser, often a “real loser.” If something is loosened, it becomes looser.

For example, when you lose weight your clothing becomes looser.

Loose is also a verb meaning to set free. A looser is thus someone who sets things free.

55 minutes ago, esldude said:

The bolded part jumps out at me.  Which group would fit the idea of hysterical hypochondriacs?  Those who say everything matters, and we don't know how hearing works.  Or those who quite often decide not only do some things not matter, but you are being hysterical to keep acting as if it does with no working hypothesis to test.  Leaving you in the hopeless category as well I might note. 

Hopefully they can one day be consigned to history.