IGNORED

Archimago and the TLS DS-1

20 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Plenty of examples on all sides - green marker on CDs, jitter, IMD, and so on are all good examples of things found because the "loose goose" side said something just didn't sound right.

Hold on, are you saying there are still people who believe in the green marker?

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Anyone who has upgraded power supplies, added USB enhancement, installed vibration control under components, and uses audiophile cables without using DBTs is wasting their money and time.  They may think they are an audiophile but are not.  They are merely tweakers.

I have to disagree. They are audiophiles, albeit inefficient ones.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Anyone who has upgraded power supplies, added USB enhancement, installed vibration control under components, and uses audiophile cables while using DBTs to test or using measurements capable of showing a difference in sound quality IS an audiophile.  They will use inexpensive tweaks if they make sense w/out testing (conductive fluids on connectors); they will not do stupid things which could only work by magical means; they will test things that may be implausible but might work iff the likelihood of a payoff in SQ exceeds the work function of (time, money).

The former group is challenged by reality (see Archimago's work).  The latter group welcomes reality.

The former group has an open mind like a screen door in a submarine.  The latter group has an open mind like a scientist.

I have replaced the power supply in my Tascam interface. I have not done any blind listening tests. The reason I did it was to get rid of ultrasonic noise in recorded signals, mainly of benefit when using it for measurements.