IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.6 With Qobuz Integration and More

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

This number I totally wrong. Reading on Qobuz homepage the number is between 70000 and 75000. And not all albums is available for streaming.  Around 90% of that number.

2,000,000 is the approximate number of tracks, as given in Qobuz press releases and stated by Qobuz managers in interviews. The number you found refers to albums, and contains a typo: it is missing a "1" in front of "170,000". The number you quoted later in your post is 175,000 albums, and below I'll address how you get to the number of tracks from there.

I arrived at "about 1,850,000 more Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz than MQA tracks on Tidal" by subtracting the approximate number of Tidal Masters tracks I found the last time I checked MQA_List.csv which you can download from the first post here.

Also hires is only to be available on the Sublime plan. 

(Edit. Studio also have hires)

Yes we know that.

It seems they operate with different numbers in hires on webpages. My anticipation is that the other 100.000 is somewhere between CD and 24/192

4506F4FD-0C72-403C-9D2B-0FD5B8ED7B1D.jpeg

OK, so 170,000 to 175,000 albums. What is the average number of tracks? About 12? Adjust that by the number of singles and EPs, and we get approximately 2,000,000 tracks.

Further it is my understanding you cannot use hires in offline mode. Maximum quality is CD.

The "import" feature in the desktop app downloads and plays Hi-Res tracks. I don't know about iOS, but the same feature in the Android app downloads in selectable resolutions and I just did that at 24/96 kHz. The app then played back the album, reporting 24/96.

But at the moment, there is a problem. I don't know about iOS, but the Android OS resamples everything that comes out of the Qobuz and Tidal apps to 48 kHz anyway.  So regardless of that the app is reporting, the final result is not full resolution. We can get around that on Android by using a third-party app like UAPP, but then you do not have offline mode.

(I'm told the Tidal app bypasses that resampling for Masters tracks, but only on phones from LG and Essential with their own internal Hi-Res DACs and perhaps even then not reliably, while for all other tracks even on those phones it does not bypass the OS.)

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

49 minutes ago, left channel said:

2,000,000 is the approximate number of tracks, as given in Qobuz press releases and stated by Qobuz managers in interviews. The number you found refers to albums, and contains a typo: it is missing a "1" in front of "170,000". The number you quoted later in your post is 175,000 albums, and below I'll address how you get to the number of tracks from there.

I arrived at "about 1,850,000 more Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz than MQA tracks on Tidal" by subtracting the approximate number of Tidal Masters tracks I found the last time I checked MQA_List.csv which you can download from the first post here.

Yes we know that.

OK, so 170,000 to 175,000 albums. What is the average number of tracks? About 12? Adjust that by the number of singles and EPs, and we get approximately 2,000,000 tracks.

The "import" feature in the desktop app downloads and plays Hi-Res tracks. I don't know about iOS, but the same feature in the Android app downloads in selectable resolutions and I just did that at 24/96 kHz. The app then played back the album, reporting 24/96.

But at the moment, there is a problem. I don't know about iOS, but the Android OS resamples everything that comes out of the Qobuz and Tidal apps to 48 kHz anyway.  So regardless of that the app is reporting, the final result is not full resolution. We can get around that on Android by using a third-party app like UAPP, but then you do not have offline mode.

(I'm told the Tidal app bypasses that resampling for Masters tracks, but only on phones from LG and Essential with their own internal Hi-Res DACs and perhaps even then not reliably, while for all other tracks even on those phones it does not bypass the OS.)

The iOS app allows downloading any available resolution you've paid for.  So the top tier subscription allows downloading full resolution (e.g, up to 24/192, or whatever they have), while lower subscription levels allow downloading CD quality, etc.  You always have the ability to download any albums you've PURCHASED at full resolution.

And if you use the camera connection kit to output via USB from your iDevice, it outputs the full resolution - it only resamples down to 48k if you're using the headphone out or connecting to an external device via Lightning port.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

2 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

The iOS allows downloading any available resolution you've paid for.  So the top tier subscription allows downloading full resolution (e.g, up to 24/192, or whatever they have), while lower subscription levels allow downloading CD quality, etc.  You always have the ability to download any albums you've PURCHASED at full resolution.

And if you use the camera connection kit to output via USB from your iDevice, it outputs the full resolution - it only resamples down to 48k if you're using the headphone out or connecting to an external device via Lightning port.

Thanks. That completes the last three paragraphs of my reply to @R1200CL about offline mode. But has anyone actually tested what the iOS app is doing internally? On Android the Tidal and Qobuz apps appear to be working normally, even when the OS is resampling internal and USB playback. Others have used Android dev tools to monitor this, then posted their results on head-fi. That is one of the reasons I use UAPP.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I often have "sync" problems between my Qobuz lib and roon.

This am I added 10 albums from Qobuz Mobile, they still dont show in Roon.

I added 1 album from Qobuz via Roon, it showed immediately in Qb.

2-3 days ago about 10 albums I had in my QB lib for months finally appeared in Roon....

Any idea?

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

8 hours ago, jacques_racine said:

I often have "sync" problems between my Qobuz lib and roon.

This am I added 10 albums from Qobuz Mobile, they still dont show in Roon.

I added 1 album from Qobuz via Roon, it showed immediately in Qb.

2-3 days ago about 10 albums I had in my QB lib for months finally appeared in Roon....

Any idea?

There's a difference between having something in Qobuz and having it show up as part of your Roon Library. If you add/favorite something in Qobuz, it will show up in the Qobuz tab in Roon the next time that refreshes. If you want it to show in your Roon Library you need to click " add  to library", it seems.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)