IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.6 With Qobuz Integration and More

2 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Thanks @The Computer Audiophile !

Normally announcements come right after it's officially released. 

Still not released but we must be close.

https://community.roonlabs.com/c/roon/software-release-notes

I just added this note. The announcement was scheduled to go live Jan 22nd automatically but I was sent links to other posting this. 

(Editor’s Note: I see it’s Jan 22nd in some places already and others have published this info, so we went live as well. -CC)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

(Editor’s Note: I see it’s Jan 22nd in some places already and others have published this info, so we went live as well. -CC)

Hehe yes I noticed that too. Wonder if the first person publishing it actually leaked it or if they were allowed to publish?

Doesn't matter.

Patiently waiting for the update to hit us.

4 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hehe yes I noticed that too. Wonder if the first person publishing it actually leaked it or if they were allowed to publish?

Doesn't matter.

Patiently waiting for the update to hit us.

Yeah, nobody is dumping stock based on this news. It’s audio. Fun stuff. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, mozes said:

Any mention of improving SQ? 

Well. you're some happy camper...this is just great news with many people happy to welcome it but you want to take this opportunity to snark and disparage the company.

You must be lots of fun.

Thanks Chris, great news!

Any news if we in the frozen North (Canada) will have access to Qobuz at the same time?

32 minutes ago, Don Blas De Lezo said:

@wdw  ,  There is an easy workaround to get Qobuz in Can through an account from any of the Euro countries, I have a few friends in Canada doing this , ... I don't want to get into any trouble so just Google it :)     

Trudat...many thanks..  There is a web of ownership between us, the willing audience, and these Suits....but which should be between us and the artists that offer us their music, so this delay.

I am happy to subscribe to Qobuz using a Canadian IP and give those guys with the high top underwear (opening page of Tidal) and MQA a heave ho.

Wow, can't wait till the weekend -- loooong listening session coming up switching between Tidal and Qobuz versions.  So far the integration is seamless (of course my library got almost twice as big overnight).  Roon has handled this extremely professionally -- not getting out ahead of itself, but getting the timing perfect to coincide with the US beta period for Qobuz. Congats!  Very nicely done!  

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Exciting stuff!

Queue the inevitable Tidal vs Qobuz bakeoff posts.

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Just loaded this. I like it.

Now if Qobuz will just give me access to the Beta....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

@The Computer AudiophileHow do you send lyrics to a Google Home Hub?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

45 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Thank you.  I know about Displays, just thought Chris was referring to something else like just sending the lyrics.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments