IGNORED

Best RCA Cables

Ralf11

3 hours ago, wgscott said:

They are just sitting unused in a desk drawer.

What length do you require?

3 ft.  or 4 ft.

Thinking more about it - maybe an undergrad. in a lab near you has a stereo and would like them?

or I can pm you my address...

15 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I've never understood why anyone inserts film/video clips in lieu of saying something.

Sometimes it's a humor way, other times it's a young spirit way; it lets our imagination @ random free nonchalance venture. It's a positive, when used sparingly. 

It's a different way of communicating young @ heart. 

20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I need some 3 ft. long RCA cables for a new amp (which is SE only).

What should I get?

...so you're really looking for advice?

13 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I can get the $25 ones from Amazon or the $5 ones from Amazon - it's a de minimus purchase.

de minima: "too trivial or minor to merit consideration"

so why are we considering it? why did you post the question?

15 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

to take up space??

"Best RCA Cables"?  Aquila non capit muscas.

https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-nf2c-b-2-profi-professional-rca-plug-pair--092-114?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JXiBRCpARIsAGqF8wWMVfl0J9uenqHvDHZOwzNQjOkeMth3g8ys_Yj7mMdJKINX6SFv03waAqOPEALw_wcB

If don't end up with Bill's best RCA cables look at these. I've used them at times. They grip and maintain contact well. The best feature is the sliding shield so that the ground connection is made before the center pin. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

42 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Sorry, just trying to be funny.

I know and I appreciate that.  In fact, since the freeze-frame image you posted actually had text of the message, I didn't even have to open and run the clip in order to get your message.  I won't do that. 

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

17 hours ago, Sfellows331 said:

Hi Ralf11,  

May I ask if you want to nudge the sound in a different direction or just want to experiment? A fav of mine is the cardas 'Clear' (US patent # 7, 674, 973).  Good continuity.

The BS surrounding the cable worries me.

I use to make my own using a good quality cable (Beldon or similar) and decent RCA's. I like others prefer RCA's where the return/screen connection breaks last. Now I just buy a Blue Jeans or similar for a few quid, say £25 uk tops.

3 hours ago, marce said:

I should also point out I like 100% low resistance screen, preferably copper braid over foil... A drain wire doesn't go amiss to help keep the dreaded ground loop at bay...

examples of brands with those characteristics?

On 1/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, Ralf11 said:

I need some 3 ft. long RCA cables for a new amp (which is SE only).

What should I get?

Why should any 3 foot RCA cables of decent quality, sound different from another decent cable?    Do not all good RCA cables sound alike?

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise.