IGNORED

Delete button for new posts?

7 minutes ago, Taz777 said:

You may be able to edit it and just put in a couple of dots...

Or leave the word "deleted". There is no delete button.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Forget about the delete button for new posts. How about the delete button for all the posts of a person one isn't very fond of.? :D

That's what the Ignore List is for. It won't delete them, but at least you won't have to see most of them. Unfortunately, they are still visible if quoted in another's post. :)

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

4 hours ago, Axial said:

Don't quote people from other people's ignore list. 🗨️

And just how do you propose finding out who is on another person's ignore list?

9 hours ago, Allan F said:

That's what the Ignore List is for. It won't delete them, but at least you won't have to see most of them. Unfortunately, they are still visible if quoted in another's post. :)

My post wasn't 100% serious, I personally don't even need to use the 'ignore' button. But I'm sure some people would love to have such an option ;)

An increasing number of moderated or private forums, such as this one, or Head-Fi, no longer have a method of deleting a post or entire thread.  Not good.  Kind of like a car where one can turn the engine on but never off(!)

In my increasingly feeble age and state I often inadvertantly press 'Quote' and end up quoting my post instead of pressing 'Edit', which is what I intended.

In such case, just press edit, and if there is a 'Reason' field, type

"**Mods/Admins - duplicate(or whatever your reason) Please Delete**"   In a day or so the errant post should disappear.

I think in Audiophile Style you must also check the box for Edit reason to appear.

23 minutes ago, Axial said:

That was humor. With 5G we'll be able to read people's minds. 🎧

From the rest of your post I figured as much, but I was curious to see what you would reply. Dunno if 5G will provide the ability to read the minds of the quick witted. :)

Taz and Allan gave the perfect solution for the "invisible delete button":

Couple dots .. or type "Delete" after erasing everything else. 

___

Extra:

* In my entire Internet forum life I have never use the "Ignore List" fiction; I simply jump over whatever and whoever of no interest freely and peacefully. We all have our own methods; the ones that work best for us are the right ones. It's supremely easy to discern the contributors from the detractors, like abcd. ...Zero pain all gain. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:15 AM, sphinxsix said:

Forget about the delete button for new posts. How about the delete button for all the posts of a person one isn't very fond of.? :D

This would be great and there will not be any disagreement, just delete those you disagree or dislike.😯

MetalNuts