IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Thanks Antonello 😉

1st option was good, even though gpireteonline was already stopped.
On reboot, I have my eth0 at 100mb

GentooPlayerRpi64 ~ # ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: No
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Supported FEC modes: Not reported
        Advertised link modes:  Not reported
        Advertised pause frame use: No
        Advertised auto-negotiation: No
        Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII
        PHYAD: 3
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: off
        Supports Wake-on: pg
        Wake-on: d
        Current message level: 0x00000000 (0)

Link detected: yes

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

Hi @antonellocaroli

Is there a way to run a benchmark for the sd card within the gentooplayer?

I use some Sandisk high endurance cards for my fresh installations of GP3.0 (RPi3B+ for S.liteR2 and 4B/4GB for LMS) and I am wondering if it was a good idea after all!

Thank you!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

13 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Hi @antonellocaroli

Is there a way to run a benchmark for the sd card within the gentooplayer?

I use some Sandisk high endurance cards for my fresh installations of GP3.0 (RPi3B+ for S.liteR2 and 4B/4GB for LMS) and I am wondering if it was a good idea after all!

Thank you!

there is already who made them

https://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards

3 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I knew this site and I checked but my card is not listed!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

2 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

finally also tells you how to take the test....

Oh!!!! I didn't see it... I will try!!! Sorry and thanks!!!!

From execute command in web page I run  

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geerlingguy/raspberry-pi-dramble/master/setup/benchmarks/microsd-benchmarks.sh | sudo bash

on the top of the article but I don't think that it was the right think to do... 

2 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

From execute command in web page I run  

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geerlingguy/raspberry-pi-dramble/master/setup/benchmarks/microsd-benchmarks.sh | sudo bash

on the top of the article but I don't think that it was the right think to do... 

gentooplayer has no "sudo" ....
if you are unfamiliar, forget it....
the easiest test you can do is with dd

dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test bs=8k count=50k conv=fsync

17 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

gentooplayer has no "sudo" ....
if you are unfamiliar, forget it....
the easiest test you can do is with dd

dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test bs=8k count=50k conv=fsync

I am unfamiliar big time .... :)

The above gives no output

EDIT: in ssh it gave 30.2 MB/s (Rpi4) and 20.4MP/s (RPi3B+)

I decided to run minimserver 2 all seem OK but I can not route M.server to my library that it's in my NAS ... any help?

NAS-ip/volume1/music doesn't work!

And also witch ffmpeg release is the right one for the rpi4?

Thnx!!!

8 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I decided to run minimserver 2 all seem OK but I can not route M.server to my library that it's in my NAS ... any help?

NAS-ip/volume1/music doesn't work!

And also witch ffmpeg release is the right one for the rpi4?

Thnx!!!

Sorry, but I don't understand what you want to do.
Minimserver on Gentooplayer? and you want to show him the library on the nas?
If so, you have to mount the nas sharing in Gentooplayer.
And if you have followed the instructions to install minimserver on gentooplayer, you should do nothing, it is already configured to find the files in /mnt and /media

5 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Sorry, but I don't understand what you want to do.
Minimserver on Gentooplayer? and you want to show him the library on the nas?
If so, you have to mount the nas sharing in Gentooplayer.
And if you have followed the instructions to install minimserver on gentooplayer, you should do nothing, it is already configured to find the files in /mnt and /media

I get the message that the directory is in /var/lib/mpd/music!
The NAS is already mounted and LMS that runs on the same RPi sees it and it works fine!

26 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

that's right, there are symlinks in that directory pointing to mnt and media

Yes... now I see it's OK... I didn't bother to check in to the client... I thought I should give the path  manually!

Thank once again!!

About the ffmpeg question?

It will be the same that M.server uses? 

Because the developer of M.server replied to me “..copy the new ffmpeg executable to the minimserver/opt/bin folder ...”

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

It will be the same that M.server uses? 

Because the developer of M.server replied to me “..copy the new ffmpeg executable to the minimserver/opt/bin folder ...”

that procedure must be carried out, I assume, when ffmpeg is not installed on the system.
This is not the case with GentooPlayer, where it is installed and is also compiled for that specific cpu.... as you can see from my screenshot on rpi3...

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

that procedure must be carried out, I assume, when ffmpeg is not installed on the system.
This is not the case with GentooPlayer, where it is installed and is also compiled for that specific cpu.... as you can see from my screenshot on rpi3...

I see... 

The thing is that since yesterday I went on and added the ffmpeg executable to the location the developer said (with scp) and it seems (from Minimservers properties ) that now it “sees” this! Should I remove it?

It works fine ... I don’t know if it may cause any problem!!

Hi

I set up my Pi with Ramsystem 2 and SystemInfo shows it running.  If I reboot then it reverts to running from disk and shows Ramsystem not enabled.

I thought running Ramsave from the Ramsystem menu would set the boot sequence up so that it would run from RAM, however when I try to run it I get the following:

none on /opt type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=48768k)

rsync: [receiver] write failed on "/tmp/ramsave/opt/sima/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/urllib3/contrib/ntlmpool.py": No space left on device (28)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(378) [receiver=3.2.3]

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Am I misunderstanding, or doing something wrong

Thanks

Alan

3 hours ago, the_bat said:

Hi

I set up my Pi with Ramsystem 2 and SystemInfo shows it running.  If I reboot then it reverts to running from disk and shows Ramsystem not enabled.

I thought running Ramsave from the Ramsystem menu would set the boot sequence up so that it would run from RAM, however when I try to run it I get the following:

none on /opt type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=48768k)

rsync: [receiver] write failed on "/tmp/ramsave/opt/sima/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/urllib3/contrib/ntlmpool.py": No space left on device (28)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(378) [receiver=3.2.3]

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Am I misunderstanding, or doing something wrong

Thanks

Alan

to add to the boot the function is "Add Ramdisk".

image.thumb.png.fb9efc7088534bf20badd9b7169d9a14.png

Since the last Spotify update (I suppose) the volume on my iPad can control the volume in Gentooplayer in Spotify connect mode.. I don’t remember this being so.

Is this right?

I would like to use 2 systems on mi Pi4 : gentooplayer and libreelec.

I found this little siwtch adaptor and purchased it, but it looks like not being compatible with Pi4.

https://ibb.co/QJfTrXM

I saw there is NOOBS or PINN for dual boot on a single sd card, but I don't know if it is compatible with gentooplayer ?

What is your advice or experience ? Does anyone face the same question ?

On 11/1/2020 at 3:44 PM, antonellocaroli said:

Option1:

Disable hotspot

rc-update del gpireteonline default

cd /etc/init.d

ln -s net.lo net.eth0

edit file /etc/conf.d/net

add line

ethtool_change_eth0="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off wol d"

/etc/init.d/net.eth0 start

rc-update add net.eth0 default

----------------------------------------------------
option2:

create file in /etc/local.d
nano /etc/local.d/ethtool.start

and in it you write:

#!/bin/sh

ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off speed 100 duplex full wol d

close and save

chmod +x /etc/local.d/ethtool.start

reboot

what is the goal, have the Pi4 Ethernet port in 100MB ?

What is it useful for? Better sounding performance ?