IGNORED

GentooPlayer

2 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

i was able to make it work by using the Static IP configuration tool within the console, the version within the web component didnt work it seemed, but i had a very small phone and its hard for me to use properly.

The web interface works, well, only on pc or tablet, not on the phone.

2 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

i do have another problem, which is i use a USB pen stick to plug in my SD card with 400gb of music on it.  And the gp starts up and sees it, but sometimes (frequently), its like the usb device gets switched off.  As the pen stick has an LED and it switches off. and then roon cannot see the content, as its became unmounted.

only thing really different is that i've mounted it myself, exfat fuse.

what did you put in fstab?

Someone, in the past, asked me the possibility to install version 0.19 of mpd, in order to use the settings

audio_buffer_size 
buffer_before_play 

deprecated in the latest versions of mpd.
I have to say that if the mpd developer has removed these settings, he will have his reasons, so I don't recommend going back to an old version of mpd.

Anyway whoever wants I have created an ebuild in order to compile a version 0.19.

gp-update

emerge --ask =media-sound/mpd-0.19.15

I have a problem configuring Tidal plug-in LMS regarding the GentooPlayer.
I have installed it in LMS and logged in my squeezebox account.

I also installed it from there but the players I see are picore not gentoo ... I don't use picoreplayer at all right now!

Any tips?

Thank you!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

7 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I have a problem configuring Tidal plug-in LMS regarding the GentooPlayer.
I have installed it in LMS and logged in my squeezebox account.

I also installed it from there but the players I see are picore not gentoo ... I don't use picoreplayer at all right now!

Any tips?

Thank you!

for LMS and TIDAL, you need to update LMS....
For the rest I can't tell you.... you have to check how you configured the player.... if LMS doesn't see it is probably configured wrong....

3 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

for LMS and TIDAL, you need to update LMS....
For the rest I can't tell you.... you have to check how you configured the player.... if LMS doesn't see it is probably configured wrong....

ΟΚ.. I will check if I have any updates for LMS

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

LMS fails to update... don't know why

33 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

try again...

Done! Thnx!!!

last night, i was trying to fix a few issues. so the dhcp client seemed to be starting up again, maybe after i changed kernels, i'm not sure, because it was definitely deactivated and my roon browsing was fine.

then i put the system in ram mode, in conjunction with changing to a different profile, and the ram mode never came back up correctly.  Roon would start, then go into ram mode, and never come back again.

Anyway, i cancelled the ram mode and tried to launch, but now,it was asking me to log into roon as if it was a fresh install, and now, even though I can ping roon.com from the gp server, roon is reporting network connectivity problems and I cant get through the initial login \ configuration screen.

i think the only option open to me at this point is to reflash the usb stick?

4 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

i think the only option open to me at this point is to reflash the usb stick?

yes, that's right.

You should enter ram, only after you have made all the necessary configurations....
If you do configurations in ram, like roon login, you lose it when you restart.... unless you do a ramsave before restarting....
But the simplest and most correct thing is to enter ram when the system is configured and fully functional....

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, that's right.

You should enter ram, only after you have made all the necessary configurations....
If you do configurations in ram, like roon login, you lose it when you restart.... unless you do a ramsave before restarting....
But the simplest and most correct thing is to enter ram when the system is configured and fully functional....

i recreated the usb images.. just a few thoughts, imagine how cool it would be to have an option, that detected power down using the laptop power switch, but it also updated the ramstick before calling the shut down :-)  Then we'd be squeezing more value out of my roon license as it would keep usage history etc.

I'm also not sure how best to go about backing up the settings, as i want to experiment but i dont want to have to go back to the start if i mess things up.  I dont quite understand what the backup\restore screens want.

I can see it says to mount the backup disk, but in the restore screen, it doesnt ask you  to pick a disk..

so, i'm thinking of running the if \ of commands to clone the usb sticks..

4 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

i recreated the usb images.. just a few thoughts, imagine how cool it would be to have an option, that detected power down using the laptop power switch, but it also updated the ramstick before calling the shut down :-)  Then we'd be squeezing more value out of my roon license as it would keep usage history etc.

I'm also not sure how best to go about backing up the settings, as i want to experiment but i dont want to have to go back to the start if i mess things up.  I dont quite understand what the backup\restore screens want.

I can see it says to mount the backup disk, but in the restore screen, it doesnt ask you  to pick a disk..

so, i'm thinking of running the if \ of commands to clone the usb sticks..

I could add two functions in the WebInterface in Utility:
Reboot&RamSave
Shutdown&RamSyve

do you think it could be useful?

4 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I could add two functions in the WebInterface in Utility:
Reboot&RamSave
Shutdown&RamSyve

do you think it could be useful?

That would be great, but, always a but. I run without the web interface lol in my drive for lower running processes. Could you allow an option that would perform the action when it intercepts system shutdown event? (So I wouldn’t have to log into the ui?)

hopefully a few others will chip in if they see the value in the idea.

7 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

That would be great, but, always a but. I run without the web interface lol in my drive for lower running processes. Could you allow an option that would perform the action when it intercepts system shutdown event? (So I wouldn’t have to log into the ui?)

hopefully a few others will chip in if they see the value in the idea.

the fact is that the ramsave should not be automatic, but a user's choice.
If you mess with the system and don't make a ramsave you will always have a working system.
I'm not sure, but maybe if you move the roon database, maybe you keep the croonologies.... you should try....
You should do this as a web interface, before you enter ram,
Player setting > Move Roon/LMS

ramdiskreset
ramdisk

6 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

the fact is that the ramsave should not be automatic, but a user's choice.
If you mess with the system and don't make a ramsave you will always have a working system.
I'm not sure, but maybe if you move the roon database, maybe you keep the croonologies.... you should try....
You should do this as a web interface, before you enter ram,
Player setting > Move Roon/LMS

ramdiskreset
ramdisk

Thank you, you see i'm trying to follow the guidance from people who build music servers, who say, SSD may be 'noisy' and so i've deactivated my SSD and I run the OS from the usb stick.
my music files i also run from a usb stick with a 400gb micro sd card.

I understand, the default behviour is not to call ramsave, and that its also a bit safer as you always have your good copy to fall back on.

Maybe theres an inbetween ground. i see you've added some new feature around copying certain file paths to the ramsave.  Maybe if it was possible to update the roon library files to ramsave, but leave the system files alone, then that would be even better.

Personally, for me lol, i think its a killer feature.  Get the benefit of playing via RAM and also fix the problem where you want the roon database to get persisted.

Now, i am a progrmamer but Im new-ish to linux.  So maybe this is something I can just do myself.. If i altered the shutdown script on my install, that it could make the ramsave call.....

I have added some functions to the web interface.
a menu for the ramsystem and a function for the network bridge (experimental) and something else...

In the ramsystem now every time you choose a mode and run it automatically it also does a ramsystemreset.
reboot&ramsave and shutdown&ramsave (it can also be programmed, for example every day at a certain time) should be used only if you want to save the settings made in ram, I don't see much use for it but I put it anyway.

image.thumb.png.4fd975ec4244ff5d245830cb488ac547.png

Update of LMS and Squeezelite seem to get stuck...

thnx

After some trials and a some reboots it did update!

5 minutes ago, Heckyman said:

Hi, really enjoying this S/W, thanks for all you work.

I have a question about librespot. Which backend does it use and is is possible to select them?

From the librespot repository:

librespot currently offers the following selection of audio backends.

Rodio (default)
ALSA
PortAudio
PulseAudio
JACK
SDL
Pipe

in GentooPlayer is compiled to use only Alsa.
If you go to playersetting you can select whether to use 
default:....
o
plughw:....

28 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

in GentooPlayer is compiled to use only Alsa.
If you go to playersetting you can select whether to use 
default:....
o
plughw:....

Thanks, I’m not an expert, was just curious if the sound quality of Spotify could be improved (in theory) by a “more direct path” inside the software.

I must say, Spotify already sounds very good through the default method in GP.

I had to reinstall gentooplayer on another SD card, I installed latest v3.01.

I run on a Pi4.

I ran gp-update.

I ran kernel update to 5.4.65 RT

I go to Kernel menu and execute one of the RT kernels.

It is not workling, nothing happens.

Going back to system info, it shows Kernel: 5.4.65-GentooPlayer-ST+ while I didn't chose this one.

Any idea how to solve the issue?

18 minutes ago, guilders said:

I had to reinstall gentooplayer on another SD card, I installed latest v3.01.

I run on a Pi4.

I ran gp-update.

I ran kernel update to 5.4.65 RT

I go to Kernel menu and execute one of the RT kernels.

It is not workling, nothing happens.

Going back to system info, it shows Kernel: 5.4.65-GentooPlayer-ST+ while I didn't chose this one.

Any idea how to solve the issue?

did you go to selectkernel and change the kernel?

4 minutes ago, guilders said:

I can not also manage to update squeezelite, it keeps making |  /  -  |  etc. signs but doesn't seem working.

show me all the output....I think you just have to wait