IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

1 hour ago, Metnoc said:

The "bad things" that makes the sound more dense and full I think is closer to the real thing, therefore your point doesn't really hold up in my perspective. But no problem, my thinking is still that there are probably nothing that sounds "neutral" and rather than claiming neutrality, we can consciously reach out for the components that gives us the best experience.

HAHAHA. That’s what makes the world go round...your reality doesn’t coincide with mine. Think of this way. In your reality we would have to make music sound more real or more dense and full. That is the wrong approach because then only you in your system would think it sounded good and everyone else would think is sounded bad. The units are neutral so the greatest number of people think it sounds good. According to the bell shaped curve this approach yields people who hate it, people who thinks it’s just right and people who love it. This means I expect some outliers on and the greatest number of people in the sweet spot. 

5 hours ago, alexreusch said:

Hello, I saw the list of recommended Power Supplies and in general you recommend all PS to be set on 7VDC.

However, there is only one Power Supply that has lower settings, the Sbooster to be set on 6VDC. I know that Sbooster does currently not offer any Power Supply with 7VDC, but it is still on the list of recommended PS. Is there any negative impact running at 6VDC vs. 7VDC? What is your opinion on it? It is also possible to set the Sbooster to 6.5VDC.Would that be better than 6VDC?

6VDC to 7VDC is not issue. 

4 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

Hi vortecjr, I would be happy for you to explain why you are denying the nomenclature but I am simply quoting part of the name of my purchase from both Uptone and Ghent Audio.

Regards

GG

I was talking about our DC cables. 

25 minutes ago, cat6man said:

I did and had a very different result.  I bought a pair of single mode SFP and put one in the oRendu and one in my router.

I thought the oRendu was better than the ultraRendu but it wasn't night and day.

After adding the oModule, it was night and day.

In my case, I have  verizon router feeding a netgear 24 port gigabit router.  The 24 port gigabit router feeds a netgear 5 port 10gigabit router.  I was comparing SFP from the 10gigabit router to cat6 from the same router.  

So in my case, the oM was absolutely essential to cleaning up the source digital.

My routers carry a lot of different IP clients for the house and family, share a circuit breaker with a ton of other stuff in my basement (LED lights, NASs, usb hard drives, nuc/pc acting as SageTV server and HQPlayer, Silicon dust tv tuners and more wall warts than I can believe!) and is probably as dirty as I can imagine short of having a welding machine or active power drills/saws operating.

Now that I see what I've just written, maybe I should do something about isolating my audio source equipment from all the rest of that crap?

I suspect the gain of the oM will be very system dependent, but in my case is was huge.

YMMV

Great feedback. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Michaelb4 said:

I have now been listening to the OpticalRendu for weeks so my system has settled down. Change was basically the OpticalRendu for the Ultra, Optical Module and fiber, and Teddy Pardo power supplies. 

System improved, mostly in bass performance- more there and more defined. I feel now that the quality of the source is most important. I have burned CDs but mostly listen Qobuz. So much to listen to, so many wonderful musicians. Will be hard to convince  a 67 year old upgrade from here. 

Anyway, thanks for your efforts. 

Source :Roon and EERO Mesh Wi-fi

Amp:  (2) Bel Canto Ref 600 (Brickwall Surge Protector)

Stream: Sonore Opticalmodule(Teddy Pardo 5v power supply) to Sonore OpticalRendu(Teddy Pardo 7v power supply)

DAC: Mytek Brooklyn+ (Uptone JS-2)

Speakers: B+W 802d3

Nice combination...enjoy!

5 hours ago, Summit said:

Don’t feel bad, I am also at lost why someone would want to buy an opticalRendu and then not use it for optical transmission 😕.

Some people may not want to take advantage of optical since it requires some additional components and installation cost. This scheme also allows people the opportunity to phase things.

5 hours ago, matthias said:

No one?

@JohnSwenson posted about the technical POV and his ranking on page one of this thread.

I think it is a VERY interesting topic.

I suppose that Ethernet SFPs from different manufacturers sound differently.

Matt

Yes we talked about it, but I just posted the compatible SFP. Charles tried it, but his SFP was not compatible. Clearly the optical SFPs have an advantage and are the intended solution. This RJ45 connection scheme is just a curious side thought.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, Tihon said:

Hello!

I would like to know more about opticalRendu and 9V PSU. The unit itself is marked as 6-9 VDC, but I`ve read here that 9V is "not recommended" or "not recommended in hot environments". I have Keces P8 PSU. It`s lowest output is 9V (actually display shows 9,1V).

What exactly that "not recommended" 9V will do? I understand how regulators work and opticalRendu will be warmer with 9V than with 7V. And that leads to what? SQ downgrade, shorter unit lifespan, dangerously hot case? Or it is just few degrees warmer and that`s all?

Can I safely use opticalRendu with my 9V PSU, assuming it would be plugged in 24/7?

Thank you.

Sorry...this one slipped by on me. I would just try it at 9VDC. It could run okay or run warm depending on your AC voltage and the DAC bus power usage.  

Quote of the day from a customer of our UK dealer

A Surprisingly large improvement over ultraRendu-Ian - 10/07/2019
I needed a new music renderer (I already have two Sonic Orbiters, two microRendus and three ultraRendus) so it made sense to buy an opticalRendu and an opticalModule. I feed it into Chord's M Scaler and then Hugo TT2 into Stax 007mk2 headphones energised by a Mjölnir Audio KGSSHV Carbon. As Chord try and make their output insensitive to the input data stream I was not actually expecting a huge improvement in the sound. There is a clear improvement in all aspects of the sound reproduction. The bass is hitting harder, actually better extension in the top end but more of that x factor that has me bargaining with myself at midnight"just one more track". I listened to Roon Radio all day yesterday and favourited three times as many tracks as normal. It feels like the first time I heard the Linn LP12, musical and viceless. This is a stunning upgrade and looking at the price difference over the ultraRendu I actually feel guilty paying such a small premium for such a big leap forwards.

Quote of the day. I love the irony in this one especially if you have been following the comments of one vocal member:) 

“Just got the Signature Rendu optical today.  Initial impression is good with the bass the first thing to standout, need to give it a few more days to settle in - both the device and my ears.  Replaced the power cord right away and that helped. I tried the the SFP with RJ-45 you mentioned above on both the oR and Signature.  It works but the sound is thin and two dimensional on the oR and on the Signature it makes piano notes ring and bass is not as defined.  So Amazon return.”