IGNORED

Fas42’s Stereo ‘Magic’

26 minutes ago, STC said:

And another man with damaged hearing who listeners with headphones is describing 3D sound from downsampled Dolby. This is audio and I respond to that. But it was too late that I forgot that his post was liked by the forum owner otherwise I would have refrained from commenting as I believe that never argue with idiots because onlookers may not able to tell the difference. 

That is totally uncalled for. In my post I talked about using Speakers, not headphones

If my hearing is that bad, and unreliable, why am I still the main listener giving John Dyson feedback in his PMs to a small group of members from both sides, including yourself , in his DHNRDS project ?

I also receive regular updates from John via email that the rest of you often don't get to see. (including this morning)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, Jeff_N said:

I'll look around the Web. I bet he posts on a Ferrari owners forum telling them their cars run like poo, but if they'd only learn to tune up their rigs like he's tuned up his Gremlin...

Holden, not Gremlin

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

23 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I am concerned pissed with someone preaching repetitively that they can produce magic results simply by doing what we all have already done, in truth likely better than Frank has done it!😲

Which is missing why I keep repeating the same message ... a chain of 100 links has 10 which are faulty in various ways - people tell stories here, and on other forums, about what they did to improve 2, 3, 4 of those links - and the chain still breaks ... I'm telling the story that all 10 links need to be 'fixed', for the chain to be strong enough - that's what creates the 'magic', and something that everyone can do ...

5 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Which is missing is why I keep repeating the same message ... a chain of 100 links has 10 which are faulty in various ways - people tell stores here, and on other forums, about what they did to improve 2, 3, 4 of those links - and the chain still breaks ... I'm telling the story that all 10 links need to be 'fixed', for the chain to be strong enough - that's what creates the 'magic', and something that everyone can do ...

So, in other words, you will keep repeating the same message over and over again until

1) everyone posting here agrees with you

or

2) you're banned from this site as well

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

So, in other words, you will keep repeating the same message over and over again until 1) everyone agrees with you or 2) you're banned from this site as well.

Well, for a start you can tell me why what I just said is "illogical" ...

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

My POV is that the $100k rig needs sorting just as much my budget combinations - if everything is equally dealt with, then of course the higher quality of the more expensive gear will easily be heard to be superior to the cheap stuff. But if the exercise of resolving issues is not carried out, then the lower priced rig will win, in terms of making recordings satisfying to listen to.

I have been following Frank's posts since CC suggested he review his posting habits....

So, the revelatory news is that expensive high end gear will sound better than lo-fi budget gear if both are optimally set up.

Hmmm Frank appears to be telling us that provided you can afford it, buy "the higher quality of the more expensive gear will (be) easily be heard to be superior to the cheap stuff".

You know Frank, I think some "cheap stuff" can sound very good indeed. You do have to know how to tweak it tho !🤣😲😁🤣

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Just now, fas42 said:

Well, for a start you can tell me why what I just said is "illogical" ...

Your strategy is illogical because at some point there will be no more sites for you to post to.

8 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Which is missing why I keep repeating the same message ... a chain of 100 links has 10 which are faulty in various ways - people tell stories here, and on other forums, about what they did to improve 2, 3, 4 of those links - and the chain still breaks ... I'm telling the story that all 10 links need to be 'fixed', for the chain to be strong enough - that's what creates the 'magic', and something that everyone can do ...

yeh but I already do this better than you do. Hey, I am telling the story that all 20 links need to be fixed 🤣

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Hmmm Frank appears to be telling us that provided you can afford it, buy "the higher quality of the more expensive gear will (be) easily be heard to be superior to the cheap stuff".

You forgot to throw in the condition, there, that the expensive gear has been, ummm, sorted ...

BTW, my comment about Ferrari has been largely misunderstood - irony doesn't go down well in audio forums, it seems ... of course the Ferrari is a special vehicle, worthy of the money - because enormous attention to detail has gone into the design, and its ability to function as a completely integrated system has been very carefully tested ... the very things that are often missing in ambitious audio rigs, 😉.

2 minutes ago, fas42 said:

You forgot to throw in the condition, there, that the expensive gear has been, ummm, sorted ...

Not according to you....

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

My POV is that the $100k rig needs sorting just as much my budget combinations

seems even you have a need to disagree with yourself!

2 minutes ago, fas42 said:

BTW, my comment about Ferrari has been largely misunderstood - irony doesn't go down well in audio forums, it seems ... of course the Ferrari is a special vehicle, worthy of the money - because enormous attention to detail has gone into the design, and its ability to function as a completely integrated system has been very carefully tested ... the very things that are often missing in ambitious audio rigs, 😉.

Nah this is just another disagreement with yourself, called contradiction!

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Let’s all take a deep breath and realize that we don’t have to real every post from those we disagree with. It would be great if @fas42 didn’t say the same thing over and over, but the cool part is that nobody has to read it over and over. 

As in, "reel in every post" ... 🙂

26 minutes ago, fas42 said:

its ability to function as a completely integrated system has been very carefully tested ... the very things that are often missing in ambitious audio rigs, 😉.

As an audio manufacturer, how is testing as a "completely integrated system" possible when you have no control over what other components the end-user connects your product to?

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

As an audio manufacturer, how is testing as a "completely integrated system" possible when you have no control over what other components the end-user connects your product to?

That's why I keep mentioning fully integrated systems, or close to it, as one method close to a full solution - the Dutch & Dutch, Kii approach. If the user insists that he wants to combine parts from different manufacturers, then he should track down components which have been carefully designed to be fully 'robust', irrespective of what is connected to it, and how it is connected. Things like, "this component will perform to this standard of low distortion, with regard to all the types of distortion we list, when connected to a mains supply that has this level of extreme voltage distortion, RF noise, and high impedance"  ... this is not done; hence everything is, suck it and see ..

On 3/5/2020 at 2:09 PM, kumakuma said:

I'm probably going to regret asking but what is your definition of "magic sound"?

Since this is very relevant, I will extract some text from that thread I pointed to before,

I was asked yesterday to discuss the cables that David used in the system so that members could get an idea of the sound. Well here's the rub. David does not believe in any brand name power cords, interconects or speaker cables as he makes his own cables from---are you ready---roll cable" which he buys in China for $300 for 50 meters. So for those trying to get an idea i can say that there is no idea to get. David's favorite interconnects before he started with roll wire was good old Radio Shack wire. He loved it as it was "natural sounding"

I need to p(o)int out that David's mantra in the hobby is that "the sound must be natural'. If not, it is colored and he cannot listen to it. I heard the word "natural" mentioned too many times to count over the course of the 5 days. Indeed natural it was.

Let me tell you that this system is "natural". It wasn't bright, dark cold warm. There was no boo in the sound. These speakers reproduced everything from a woman's voice to a giant orchestral in ways thatI have never before heard. There was no fatigue. I was in the jazz club when Ella sang or the Town Hall with Carlos Montoya to the very largest of orchestral. I was in the sweet spot the entire 5 days but I can honestly say that sitting anywhere in the room produced superb sound.

The beauty of the system is that not only were we drawn in but throughout the system we were transported to the jazz cub or to the concert or to the symphony and each time "we were there". We all strive for the absolute sound knowing that the only way to achieve it is through the live event. I can say that these past 5 days created that audio epiphany for me as I WAS there. I have never been able to say that before with my system or anyone else's.

That's the type of statements I would be making if asked to describe, "magic sound" ...