IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

Hi,

I'm looking for a good  PSU solution for RPi / Digione signature as well.

I could imagine that a battery PSU like Ciunas ISO-PS with dual 7V outlets might be a good choice:

https://www.ciunas.biz/product-page/iso-ps

As I was told the 7V outlet is free from any regulator; that means the full current delivery is available directly from battery. As the clean input of Digione signature can take any voltage from 5V to 29V, one could that way take full advanage of that direct-out-of-battery-approach.

The second 7V outlet of the ISO-PS could be used to feed a LT3054 LDO regulator set to 5V output and then feed the dirty side of Digione (and through that at the same time RPi).

Nice LT3045 boards:

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-a.htm

https://www.mpaudio.net/product-page/sd-hpuln-ps

(The 5V outlet which Ciunas also offers is regulated by XRP6272 which has 2% output voltage accuracy; that is why I think LT3045 might do a better job)

But – the two outlets of the battery are not galvanically isolated! John Kenny (Ciunas) says this doesn't matter as any noise introduced from one outlet would get lost within the large capacity of the battery and therefore would never be apparent on the other outlet.

What would you think about that?

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stelko

you need to respect the current specs of DigiOne Sig. Dirty side needs 2.5A. LT3042 from the link you provided shows a max of 1A

Furthermore.. the dirty side does not care much whats feed to it. I would recommend a cheaper SMPS for dirty side and a battery like you have (7V is fine) for the clean side.

Just to let people know got the signature up and running

I am feeding the dirty side with the supplied SMPS I might experiment later on as I have a spare battery I can use and could use a 12v to 5v dc converter Just need to find on with a USB C output or perhaps a adapter 

Sound wise it is a nice step up. The tonal colour is more richer, it gives more slam and micro detail. Both files and Spotify sound excellent. 

I need to come up with some way of powering them both up at the same time

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

3 hours ago, Johnjc said:

Just to let people know got the signature up and running

I am feeding the dirty side with the supplied SMPS I might experiment later on as I have a spare battery I can use and could use a 12v to 5v dc converter Just need to find on with a USB C output or perhaps a adapter 

Sound wise it is a nice step up. The tonal colour is more richer, it gives more slam and micro detail. Both files and Spotify sound excellent. ...

You mean a nice step up from the DigiOne, I suppose, right? Thanks, nbpf

On 8/31/2018 at 1:00 PM, steklo said:

As I was told the 7V outlet is free from any regulator; that means the full current delivery is available directly from battery. 

The Ciunas devices use LiFePO4 batteries. These deliver voltage output of 3.2/3.3V or multiples of these voltages. 

I am wondering how they can claim an output of 7V without any regulator.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 8/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, allo.com said:

DigiOne signature will be independently measured by Amir at audiosciencereview . We think we have the best jitter measurements.Compared with ANY hardware from any manufacturer.

I'll wait for Darko, Hans Beekhuyzen, or  Jay Luong reviews. There was good promise with the DIgione, no irritating digital artifacts; I'm hoping the  Signature tweaks bring its

coax  board to parity with USBridge resolving power.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

9 hours ago, davide256 said:

I'll wait for Darko, Hans Beekhuyzen, or  Jay Luong reviews. There was good promise with the DIgione, no irritating digital artifacts; I'm hoping the  Signature tweaks bring its

coax  board to parity with USBridge resolving power.

I wait for the reviews too but I think the Digione Signature will outperform the USBridge.

At the moment there is a price drop on the Sparky SBC and the USBridge so I hope Allo will launch a Signature version of the USBridge as well.

Matt

42 minutes ago, matthias said:

I wait for the reviews too but I think the Digione Signature will outperform the USBridge.

At the moment there is a price drop on the Sparky SBC and the USBridge so I hope Allo will launch a Signature version of the USBridge as well.

Matt

In which sense can the Digione Signature outperform the USBridge? They are rather different devices with very different outputs ...

I know the USB bridge quite well and whilst I think it a bit better than the DigiOne, the Signature is in another league for sure. But for those wanting a USB output it might be better to wait a few months

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

I am pretty sure Allo would not miss the opportunity to upgrade that USB bridge to a Signature version. I have a few friends waiting for this. 

The Signature is a very different beast to the DiigiOne

2 minutes ago, Johnjc said:

I am pretty sure Allo would not miss the opportunity to upgrade that USB bridge to a Signature version. I have a few friends waiting for this. 

The Signature is a very different beast to the DiigiOne

Maybe they launch a new Sparky as well or they make the USBridge Signature for another SBC.

Matt

At the moment they seem to be building their product base at quite a fast rate, so think more to come. 

2 hours ago, matthias said:

Both compared with the same DAC.

Matt

But in order to compare USBridge and DigiOne with the same DAC, you have to use a USB to SPDIF interface between the USBridge and the DAC which makes the comparison a bit pointless. I would rather compare the DigiOne with other transports with SPDIF outputs.