IGNORED

Step by step surgery

Those fingernail sized Bass pumping, air thrashing, speakers, along with the 1/2 watt amplifier are lighting up the room! 

Foobar2K

Thread priority: 7

MMCSS priority: High

Use WASAPI

Keep hard disk from sleeping.

If you want foobar to look pretty use coverflow.

Here is the services for win 10 you can disable. See below.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

12 minutes ago, fas42 said:

You seem to have great trouble understanding the concept, in this thread ... which is, to identify what is lacking in the SQ, and then try to do something about it. Strangely enough, this is how one learns to gain control in other things, such as one's life, and the environment in which one lives - to be able to understand where there is something not quite right, and then be smart about trying things, to resolve what troubles you.

If you're poor, you could a) rob a bank, b) live in a fantasy country where there is always a magic machine that dispenses wads of money, so that you could surround yourself with toys that placate you, or c) learn a skill or profession or develop a business, such that other people will provide you with an income that is adequate to your needs ... your call ...

Frank,

I have No problem understanding that a stooge with a laptop thinks everything else High End is incompetent. That's your take, not mine. My concept is that the room is part of ANY system Period. And always will be. People have to work on the room, because they don't carry the system under their arm like you. Hence the laptop!  You don't know me from a hill of beans and my ability to resolve the issues. You never listened to my system, after being invited over with your laptop to compare the qualities of each! 

You could; A) Quit blathering about a stupid laptop that cannot compete at any level with what others may have. B) Pull your head out of the sand and realize you start threads just to feel important C) Realize that others may have more skills than you do in life and have been rewarded greatly by their diligence and discipline. D) Understand that people can spend their income on items that may make you feel inferior, but is only a small outlay for their pocketbook.

I have done very well in life and hope you have as well.

I've owned 2 businesses which provided quite well for me, and affords some of the finer things in life.

How about that Frank! 

MAK

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

Yes. All the microphone has to do is produce an electrical signal, in a very simple mechanical to electrical contrivance, and then pass then on to some type of recording mechanism - a USB microphone is a perfect example of how easy, how compact that can be.

Playback requires the manipulation of very large amounts, in comparison, of electrical energy - and that where things get unstuck ...

Bravo Frank! LOL. You’ve got everyone convinced.... LMAO.

MAK

• 1 month later...

i1Pro , Klein or other meter?

Calman, HCFR or other calibration software

Whats your target colorspace?  601, 709, P3, 2020

D65

0-255 or 16-235

4:2:0, 4:2;2, 4:4;4? 

Bit depth? 8,10,12

Gamma 2.2, 2.4 or what??

Without a meter and software you are pissing in the wind. You'll never see the movie as the director intended or where your TV's faults are.

MAK

If the device as shown is not calibrated then it is not worth the effort. It looks like a cellphone. i1Pro is cheap enough and calibrated from the factory, will sometimes come with software, and the process can be automated with a laptop. Frank can listen to his tunes and calibrate at the same time. I've seen i1Pros for 150.00 used. I have looked into using the cellphone long ago and determined it did not meet the accuracy required on the Sony 665. 

Honestly, Frank does not know what he is doing and just likes to fiddle. It's his Tv and enjoys the time spent. 

MAK

54 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

I have an i1Pro (older version and a newer NEC proprietary version) - that I use for my NEC monitor with Spectraview software, but wondering just how one would use it to calibrate a TV? Or even a MAC laptop for that matter? 

Charles,

I will point you to the information regarding calibration to the MAC or TV. I have done both as I use my HTPC (windows7) output to the Sony 665 or TV. Here are some links. Without a baseline scan we have no idea where the deficiencies are. Set-up is with a tripod and your measuring device. It's no different than the mount to your monitor and reading the patch (coordinates). 

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=0ae16f70deeb3a905c777ad815a46914

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/

https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/xyz-rgb.html

Thanks,

MAK

22 minutes ago, fas42 said:

BTW, the TV is mighty close now; did a touch more fine adjusting yesterday

Closer to what? What reference is used for calibration? Does it match a screen cap? 

26 minutes ago, fas42 said:

And a perfect example of trying to win a point by quoting something out of context ...when people want to fight against taking on some new way of thinking, they will use whatever can be used as weaponry that's on hand - including bits of broken rocks lying in the gutter.

Sorry Frank, without any data for the RGB, gamma, and gamut tracking, you have nothing that verifies the content will be seen as intended. It is what it is. Your picture shown of a whale or whatever it is means nothing. That's not fighting, but telling the truth.

MAK

47 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Of course the people shooting the material should be using calibrated gear - then they can choose to develop a style for their production, colour cast, blurred or sharp, strong colour or muted, high or low contrast, etc. The point is, I don't my TV imposing a version that some software thinks is correct, if I then find that some broadcasting is irritating me - I got the previous set in that state, where all broadcasting worked well, and I want the current one to do the same.

IOW, the TV is transparent to the material ... hmmm, sounds like that might be a good idea for audio ... will have to think about it. 😀.

The purpose of the calibration is so that the variances between display devices are accounted for when viewing content. In other words, 6 monitors will display content consistently to a person in a film house, enthusiast, broadcast house, Whatever. It has nothing to do with color cast, contrast, etc.other than to see what was intended. I gave several links to learn more. 

Your application could not reliably provide the results if given 6 displays for content viewing. ie, REC 709, D65, 2.2 gamma, 16 - 235.

MAK

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, fas42 said:

Speaking of which, a bit of intuition suggested improving the integrity of a couple of dodgy, "prototyping", connections. Just done - will let it settle down for a day or so, and see if anything's gained ...

^^^^

Fas42 Marketing....

13 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

So it seems that Fast42 isn’t the only one who believes that poorer recordings can be improved.

^^^^^^

Blackmorec support for some "dodgy" "prototyping" "connections" by Frank and equating this to some newfound clarity from the Edifiers. It would appear that Franks engineering skills are on par with MSB. I'll be waiting for the glossy brochure...