IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

23 minutes ago, Summit said:

Audio Physic and Revel make very good speakers at a somewhat reasonable price. Marten make some really great speakers, but the really good ones cost a lot unfortunately.

I've always loved Marten speakers. The sound and looks are right up my alley. 

If I could afford it, I'd buy the Coltrane 3.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, rickca said:

This is a fun thread because I've never heard of some of the brands people are mentioning.

@The Computer Audiophile does your search for new speakers mean that we will see some speaker reviews from you?

Not sure yet. Speakers aren’t really in my wheelhouse like DACs and digital, so I want to make sure I can offer this community something of value for their time spent reading. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, rando said:

After suggesting Chris create a sub-basement appeared to stir something.  I'm starting to get curious what this change is.  The ease with which he appears to have gained WAF is most mysterious of all.  Server updates are apparently happening on the East coast so it can't hardly be a dual purpose off site work facility. 

Did you buy an old bank building, @The Computer Audiophile?

I wish :~)

Much more to come. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I'm sure you know about these too.  ?  You can put these on your granite as they can do pockets for the Isoacoustics Pucks too.  

I used to have a site bookmarked that sold tons of wood stuff for HiFi. The guy hand made it all with a beautiful selection of woods. 

Do you know any others that sell this stuff? I can't find my old bookmark :~(

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

The Cygnus make the others look like ugly ducklings. 😉

Chris, were you able to hear all of these in shops? Did you listen to others that didn't make the cut?

Sorry, I'm living vicariously through you. I'll likely never hear any of these, let alone own a pair.

I don't disagree. The Cygnus craftsmanship is incredible as well. 

I've heard them all but will spend considerable time with some Rockport speakers in the coming weeks, in a controlled environment. 

If I could sell my TADs I'd likely have a tough decision to make. Ah, first world problems. 

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

I always wonder with the electrostats that use dynamic drivers on the low end how good the integration might be.

And with full range electrostats, I wonder about the volume capability.

@esldude has SoundLabs (or at least had them last I inquired), so he may be a source of information.

Those are the two things going through my mind as well.