IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, davidovada said:

Ciao from Italy...not sure if this a Qobuz problem or an LMS/Material problem. Often when I choose an album from favorites, an incorrect album (always close by on the grid) will play. This doesn't happen at the top of the grid, rather closer to the bottom(732 favorites). I have encountered this problem also on iPeng. I don't see a possibility to re-sync with Qobuz...or even if this is a fix. There is a different problem of duplications on Audirvana desktop. Not sure if these issues are connected. I've tried deleting LMS and reinstalling. The problem remains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Grazie mille.

Since the problem appears in two different interfaces, it sounds like an indexing error by the Qobuz plugin for LMS, or by LMS itself. You'll likely get the best replies to your post on the slimdevices forum. I suggest you post screen shots there to help everyone understand the specifics, with circles and notes if possible. I don't use favorites much myself.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

10 hours ago, davidovada said:

L/C thank you for the help. The favorites grid I am referring to comes from Qobuz. It's what has worked for me for years with LMS. I had already posted this in the slim forum. Hopefully, this will be solved. It's interesting that it only happens when selecting an album at the bottom of the grid...older favorites by a few years. Given the tragedies occurring on a daily basis in our world, this problem ranks pretty low.

Agreed, not a significant tragedy, but an annoyance nonetheless. I suggest you also post more about this in the Qobuz streaming plugin thread instead of the Material thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, davidovada said:

L/C thank you for the help. The favorites grid I am referring to comes from Qobuz. It's what has worked for me for years with LMS. I had already posted this in the slim forum. Hopefully, this will be solved. It's interesting that it only happens when selecting an album at the bottom of the grid...older favorites by a few years. Given the tragedies occurring on a daily basis in our world, this problem ranks pretty low.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, left channel said:

Agreed, not a significant tragedy, but an annoyance nonetheless. I suggest you also post more about this in the Qobuz streaming plugin thread instead of the Material thread.

@davidovada I've been following your conversation on the slimdevices forum. The problem was a limitation on the number of Favorites, and after you pointed this out to Michael now all is well. Yes?

4 hours ago, davidovada said:

ciao, L/C...the answer to your question is yes....................sort of. The Qobuz plug-in still acts erratically. So I'm no longer using it. Now that LMS 8 imports all of my Qobuz Favorites natively(and plays back flawlessly) under Material Skin I'm good. The only thing I miss is that the Qobuz plug-in shows which albums are hires. Not a big deal. So, I'm happy to now use the LMS solution(sans plug-in). There's an obvious problem somewhere with the Qobuz plugin, or me, or Qobuz. If I rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query, it goes way off. I'm a simple guy. So this simple solution works for me. Thank you for keeping an eye on this.

Interesting! So the remaining problem is: when you rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query it goes way off. Michael was very responsive on the previous issue. If you post this new bug in the Qobuz plug-in support thread, I'm sure he or Pierre will look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, left channel said:

I see much progress indeed! But just off the top of my head, there are these:

Radka Toneff: all five releases are missing in the USA. Three original albums and two compilations. (I'll just live with Fairytales being an MQA CD, if the Qobuz app is upgraded to stream the containers properly.)

Bruce Cockburn: this list has improved, but in the USA 20 of 31 streaming releases are still missing, including his most popular hit album Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws which is available only in sample clips and for sale as a download.

Tough examples of course, as neither artist is American. And on the other hand, in some cases I see more albums than over on the T-word.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, dmackta said:

You got us!  Part of this is we need users to point these things out -- we can't police everything. A couple of the Radka Toneff are Polygram, which is Universal, which is fully licensed and we should have. Could be as simple as asking for a new delivery. Not sure who distributes the Odin label. 

Cockburn -- the greyed out Dragon's looks like a mistake - it's on Columbia, which is Sony, fully licensed. The other Columbia Cockburns are streaming fine so we will ask Sony for a metadata redelivery which should fix any rights issue. The missing albums are distributed by True North which should be filling in within a couple weeks, I am pretty sure their stuff comes into us through The Orchard. Gonna double check though. 

Hi @dmackta, is Qobuz still adding 10,000 albums a day? Thought I'd check back on these two examples, as I'm often challenged on whether the Qobuz catalog is growing. I know these are edge cases as neither artist is American, but I believe they ought to be in there.

Radka Toneff: two albums from Odin Records are now there, Live in Hamburg and Fairytales, but four others (from Polygram?) are missing including two compilations. Fairytales may have been there all along — it was at the center of a bit of MQA controversy here a while back, then seemed to disappear — so perhaps it was just hard to find until search was upgraded. Only Steve Dobrogosz is shown as the primary artist on that album, even though on the cover Toneff is listed first. Also, in the new search results, Lifelines by Arild Andersen is listed as one of her releases, even though she is only credited as a composer on one track and did not perform anywhere on that album.

Bruce Cockburn: Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws was fixed, thank you, and two more albums were added. But 18 are still missing, including a couple "deluxe" versions with additional tracks, but all should be in the catalog too. Are any more on the way?

8 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Some days it's less than 10,000. Some days it's more. We are signing new suppliers all the time. Sounds like some metadata or ingestion issues on those releases, I will take a look. 

True North has all that Cockburn and they are on the list of suppliers we are wanting to sign. It's not like the music is sitting there waiting for us to realize we don't have it and then boom we can push a button. The contract negotiations can take months. Where bigger companies have large licensing teams that do nothing but negotiate and manage these deals, Qobuz does not. 

Thanks @dmackta! We appreciate you taking a look at those meta data and ingestion issues. As for the rest, last fall it sounded like many of those albums were likely to appear soon, but I'm sure since then Covid has slowed down even the biggest labels.

20 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello I read an article on another website that Qobuz is finally opening family subscription. Would it be possible to know if is going to be open worldwide and when ?

thanks 

Thank you. I found it on the US and UK websites: "Family members in the same home can share up to 6 Qobuz HD streaming accounts with 1 subscription. Try free for a month, then only $24.99/month." https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers/household  → £24.99/month in the UK: https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/music/streaming/offers/household

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, JACKUIOWA said:

HI,

I'm new to Qobuz and was wondering if anyone has been able to get the DLNA/UPNP to work?  I have a couple denon devices I would love to use.  I was able to get them to work with the mconnect and audirvana but I actually like the desktop app too but cant seem to get that to work. 

Also is the qobuz carplay app unable to stream songs?  I only see a few available to play.  Guessing maybe the carplay functionality is limited to downloads only.  Thanks 

Some have DLNA/UPnP it working; most do not. If you turned it on in the desktop app (Account > Music Playing > Listening Preferences) then you've seen the note that it's a beta, may not work correctly, and will benefit from your emailed reports. It may help them to know exactly which Denon devices you have there.

If you search this topic for "Carplay" you'll find that it is very much still in "beta" too. All we can do is report the issues here and directly to Qobuz Support, and hope for the best.

5 hours ago, brother love said:

What is the minimum computer hardware requirements to stream Qobuz high resolution files in Windows 10?

I am unsuccessfully trying to stream Qobuz 24/ 96 high resolution files through an Intel mini PC Atom x5-z8350 1.44 ghz base w/ 1.92gHz burst, 4 cores/ 4 threads, 2mb cache, 2 gb Ram, 32 gb storage, Windows 10 older 1607 version (due to 32gb storage), ethernet wired connection (rest of system listed below).  Qobuz Windows 64 bit App indicates not responding, & Web player results in 48k when Wasapi Exclusive Mode selected. What is the limiting factor here, 2gb memory?

I hope you'll get a specific response from Qobuz here, but for now I can tell you that Tidal requires a 2.33GHz Pentium 4, Athlon 64 2800+, or faster, and the requirements for Qobuz seem to be at least that much and maybe more.

I have tried to run the Qobuz app for Windows on a quad-core Celeron, and discovered that isn't enough power. I understand that optimizing for slower platforms is on their to-do list, but it's probably still far far down on that list. And I suspect it will never run on an Atom machine.

I currently run LMS (Squeezebox Server) with the Qobuz app on an Atom server, and listen to it on my Celeron PC via the Squeezelite-X client with Material Skin. But when I want to use the Qobuz app for Windows, I open it on an i7 PC.

1 hour ago, brother love said:

Many thanks to all 😃  I installed OpenHomePlayer on the Win 10 mini pc/ renderer. Linn Kazoo & Lumin installed on iPhone X (prefer Linn Kazoo). Success, but Qobuz 24/96 music selections still play as 16/44.1 on DAC (OpenHomePlayer app has no adjustments, just "Open" only). Great to have Qobuz control w/ the iPhone vs. navigating on 50" plasma display (part of HT set-up).

Can't help you with that config, except to say plenty of people are using Kazoo to get hi-res streams. Try BubbleUPnP, which offers OpenHome compatibility and hi-res: https://www.hifizine.com/2019/07/stream-qobuz-to-anything/   I can only help with LMS, but I've seen a lot of posts on the others here.

12 hours ago, Kyhl said:

Not sure if this is the thread to post about album problems but trying anyway.  Was trying to play Otis Rush Right Place Wrong Time and it only plays 30 second samples as MP3 as far as I can tell.  The description page says it is available at CD quality.  Finally gave up and picked a different album, Lost Blues is playing fine at CD quality, and the whole songs, not just 30 second snippets. 

Kyhl

If you look closely at the track titles you'll notice they're all gray instead of black. That means they're not available for streaming except in 30-second MP3 samples. The "Available in" icon teases that maybe you can stream or buy the album in CD-quality, yet the Buy button is also grayed out and says it's not available for purchase either. @dmackta is there anything that can be done about a confusing situation like this? That album isn't really there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Pro Jules said:

Are there any good albums in higher resolutions than 192k on Qobuz - could any one list some? 

I would like to hear some and test my system with them..

Thanks 

Qobuz does not go above 192k. However there are a range of free hi-res downloads available from the 2L Test Bench: http://www.2l.no/hires/ The first column is 24 bits / 384.8 kHz.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I use Qobuz offline all the time. I have zero need for a switch that says offline mode. I still don't understand the need for a switch that says offline mode. 

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think keeper defines "offline mode" as "offline and logged out". That seems unique. If you log out of the app then you lose your offline cache, which seems to me a normal consequence because now the app cannot know if you still have a current account. But apparently Qobuz Support told keeper to log out while resolving another issue, resulting in the loss of that cache. Hence the frustration.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else experiencing random launching of the Qobuz Android app? This appears to be caused by actions in my Accuweather and NY Times apps. It is not set to "open links by default", and it is set to "ask every time" but it does not ask. It just opens to the last place I was in the app. The actions that launch it seem unrelated and inconsistent, so I am unable to reproduce the problem when I try, but I regularly find myself closing the Qobuz app as it launches while I'm trying to do something else. Version 5.15.0.0.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, left channel said:

Anyone else experiencing random launching of the Qobuz Android app? This appears to be caused by actions in my Accuweather and NY Times apps. It is not set to "open links by default", and it is set to "ask every time" but it does not ask. It just opens to the last place I was in the app. The actions that launch it seem unrelated and inconsistent, so I am unable to reproduce the problem when I try, but I regularly find myself closing the Qobuz app as it launches while I'm trying to do something else. Version 5.15.0.0.

An update on the above: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Qobuz app. That may have worked. This was weird and getting weirder: last night when I opened the weather app, Qobuz launched. Even weirder: I just realized I've owned Android phones for ten years now, starting with the Nexus One. Never had a problem like this before though.

6 hours ago, left channel said:

An update on the above: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Qobuz app. That may have worked. This was weird and getting weirder: last night when I opened the weather app, Qobuz launched. Even weirder: I just realized I've owned Android phones for ten years now, starting with the Nexus One. Never had a problem like this before though.

No joy, it's still happening. I open the weather app, look away, and when I look back it's the Qobuz app. I may just uninstall Qobuz; I mostly use it via UAPP anyway. Too bad, as the Qobuz app offers a lot of content and curation, although I'm not mobile much lately.

1 hour ago, John H said:

Looking to possibly move to Qobuz but first wanted to know how many devices in my home can use the service simultaneously ? If I want to listen to music while the wife is listening to something different in another room through another device is that possible? 

With the Qobuz apps, to use more than one device at a time you need a Family account. That allows up to six individual sub-accounts. Otherwise you're limited to only one device at a time, and I think three devices total. But as @firedog says above, third-party apps like Roon, Audirvana, or LMS/Squeezebox can stream to more than one endpoint at the same time.

At this very moment I'm playing different albums via the Qobuz plugin for LMS to two endpoints: the Squeezelite-X app on my home office PC and a Squeezebox Touch device in the basement. Qobuz sees the server as one client, so I always expected it to play the same thing at the same time to multiple endpoints in my house. I was pleasantly surprised to find we can also play different music the same way.

I had fun setting that stuff up. But it would be cheaper and easier to just get a Family account and let everyone in the house use their own phones.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi, I don't know if this has been brought up before (nothing came up in a search of the forum, but that search could well have missed something), but if the Qobuz folks could please have a look at this and let us know if there's anything to be done - talk to the label, perhaps?  Here's the DR Database page for Steely Dan's Gaucho; please note where the Qobuz version comes in regarding dynamic range: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr/desc?artist=steely+dan&album=gaucho

Wow that's bad. And surprising.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, OldHardwareTech said:

Just got an update to the Windows 10 app, but when I went to settings-about-version history the popup window didn't start at the latest one and wouldn't scroll so I couldn't read what changes were made.  If I click on see the shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts directly beneath the app version history I can scroll that popup with no problem.  

I had no problem opening the version history, but it appears this is a minor build update to 5.8.0 and is not described there.

App update just received here:

[Release 6.0.0]

• General improvement of the design and user experience
  • General improvement of the application's performance
  • Improved navigation on pages with a lot of content
  • Added a shuffle button on the artist page
  • Improved scroll memory from one page to another (first step)
  • Added duplicate check when adding a track to a playlist
  • You can now create a playlist from another playlist
  • Added an error and crash analysis tool for the application
  • Improved the dark mode
  • Fixed : application crash when sorting by duration
  • Fixed : artist picture not visible in local music
  • Fixed several problems
  • Added MacOs shortcuts
  • Connection to the latest version of the Google Cast receiver
  • Fixed : unable to play imports and downloads in offline mode
  • Fixed : import and download of track blocked if some tracks are already in the local music
  • Fixed : my downloads disappear from my disk when I disconnect