IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

18 minutes ago, dmormerod said:

Anyone managed to get Qobuz to stream to an Allo DigiOne Signature (running Dietpi)? I just get transport errors. I realize it's still Beta, just wondered if anyone has gotten it working. 

Many are successfully streaming Qobuz on Allo boxes by running Squeezelite in DietPi, with LMS and the Qobuz plugin on a PC (perhaps also running DietPi) or on an NAS.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

4 minutes ago, dmormerod said:

Thanks.  I agree I can't wait for the Roon integration, that will make it much easier. I'll have to have a play and see why I couldn't get it working yesterday.  I'm on a Mac rather than a PC, but hopefully, that shouldn't make any difference.

The Mac shouldn't make a difference at all. LMS or A+ or whatever on the Mac, and a corresponding client on the Allo. Are you working only with the Qobuz app's beta UPnP support? I wonder if it can see GMRender. What exactly are you running there?

1 minute ago, dmormerod said:

I using the Qobuz client on the Mac and the built-in DLNA/UPnP (beta). It see's the DietPi device but when I attempt to play it eventually comes back with Transport Errors.  I only tried it briefly and didn't spend a huge amount of time trying to fix it. I can do more investigation this evening.

OK but which UPnP renderer on the DietPi?

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Ironically, you don't actually need to imagine that with your LMS setup. The Chromecast bridge LMS plugin can already get Chromecast devices to play gaplessly, if you engage the Chromecast bridge's Flow transcode option!

Needless to say, Flow provides a continuous audio stream and you even have the clever lossless compression option of encoding that continuous stream in FLAC.

Interesting, thanks. I'm once again amazed at all the work that's been done on LMS plugins. No Chromecast devices in use here for music though.

21 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Update to Windows desktop app today.

It's very nice that they include the change log!

[Release 5.0.1]

Interface: Added maximum quality of listening to a track in meta data

Interface: Added Explicit alert for tracks

Interface: Manage label page links in articles and panorama

Interface: Remove white outline on blur effect

Interface: Remove temporary display of unwanted products when changing tabs

Interface: Do not display see more link if no more results

Interface: Playlist name error when unsubscribing

Interface: Improve click area on the Taste of Qobuz cards

Interface: Fixed display problems in the mini player

Interface: Content problem between discover page on playlists

Interface: Changing the Sharing icon

Interface: New design of a track when clicking and moving

Interface: The title of a playlist in panorama is not clickable

Interface: Uniformity of artist, album, playlist descriptions popin...

Interface: Improved popin design

Interface: Change the filter Tous to Toutes for playlists for the French language

Interface: Fixed display of author name too large in a panorama

Interface: Fixed cover ratio of playlist card

Interface: Remove limit of top tracks display for an artist's page

System: Added Paste to clipboard function in the search field

System: Added Remove album from a playlist in album view mode

System: Remove metadata for pre-ordered albums

Audio: Fixed Read Next malfunction

Audio: Can't choose Hi-Res quality with the latest version of Chrome

Audio: Can't seek in the track with the latest version of Chrome

Audio: Can't play more than 10 minutes, no sound on next track

Interface: Fixed display problem with Asio audio outputs during playback

Interface: Added import quality for a playlist

System: Fixed track import goes from one account to another

System: Save the option display only complete albums on user settings

Audio: The volulme levels are now progressive

8 hours ago, Taz777 said:

Is anyone using Qobuz and Tidal HiFi? If so, which sounds better to you? Amarra Luxe now integrates with Qobuz so I'm wondering whether it would sound better than Tidal or not. As far as I know, you cannot evaluate the highest quality plan on Qobuz (unless I'm mistaken).

I subscribe to both: Qobuz Sublime+ (Hi-Res) and Tidal HiFi. The same track in the same resolution, such as a 24/192 fully unfolded Masters track and a 24/192 Hi-Res track, usually sound equally good if from the same master. But last time I checked there were only about 150,000 Masters tracks on Tidal vs. 2,000,000 Hi-Res tracks on Qobuz, so one often cannot make a direct one-to-one comparison.

If you tell us the genres you prefer, we can comment on back catalogs, new music presentation, and other areas. I too use third-party apps most of the time (LMS/Squeezebox at home, and UAPP on mobile), but some aspects carry over via the APIs. Some may not be as visible to you however, and I must say that based on the content in their app and website, the people at Qobuz are clearly passionate about music, and it's not just a business to them. 

Someone else mentioned performance, so I'll say that many of us entered 2018 experiencing frustrating problems on Tidal, including dropouts, buffering, and freezing. But by the end of the year that was going away on Tidal, while Qobuz was clearly experiencing growth pains in delivery and app development. By the time you sign up, those issues could be gone. If not, personally I can live with them for now. It's worth it for the music.

1 hour ago, Taz777 said:

One more question if I may: how does offline mode work with Qobuz? It appears to be cache related.

One massive disadvantage I have with Tidal is that lack of offline mode on the desktop app and on (most) DAPs. I've held off buying a DAP due to this lack of offline mode provided natively within the player.

Would Qobuz provide a viable offline mode so I could listen to my playlists when I have no Internet connection (e.g. when I'm on a plane)?

The definition of viable may depend on the size of your playlists. Qobuz does offer offline listening for the Win and Mac apps, while matching Tidal offline listening on phones and tablets. YMMV with DAPs.

Yes, Qobuz offline tracks do download as part of the cache, but you may never need to think about that. In the desktop app just select "Import" in the context menu of an album, track, or playlist, and it will be added to your Offline Library.

I can imagine the cache filling up, but then all you'd need to do is go to the app's Music Playing settings to increase the cache size or clear it. Right now mine is set to the streaming "Comfort" preset of 30 GB, but it can be customized up to 100 GB. AFAIK there is no way to access these files without the app, which is as it should be; they are not purchased downloads.

17 hours ago, tmitchmd said:

I can stream Qoboz from a Pixel 2 to an Oppo BDP-105 attached to the router with an ethernet cable using the BubbleUPnP app. The problem is I lose the informative Qoboz GUI.

Is there some other way, short of purchasing a streamer that already has Qoboz built in like the Blusound node 2i, to allow me to use the Oppo in a similar manner while preserving the Qoboz GUI?

I answered your question in another thread, but I notice here you mentioned Bluesound. You cannot use Qobuz apps with those products, and I don't believe the BluOS control apps pull text content from Qobuz. Bluesound appears briefly at about 8:07 in this video:

1 hour ago, kmp6156 said:

Qobuz says if you use the headphone jack output of your DAC, it downgrades the stream to CD quality, even if you have the Hi-Res versions downloaded. All the portable DACs I’ve looked at have headphone jack outputs.

Wait. Where do they say that? Seems to me it's a full resolution analog output at that point. Does your car have an analog input jack?

As for the camera kit or other digital connections, assuming the Qobuz iOS app outputs Hi-Res via USB (it does not on Android; you need a third-party app for that), the problem is usually what your car's built-in system does with it from there. 

14 minutes ago, kmp6156 said:

I've attached a screenshot of the warning that pops up, if I select either the 92 or 196 Hi-Res download, on the iOS app.

Am I misunderstanding what it says?

Qobuz Screenshot.pdf

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That message means that without the camera connection kit and USB into a compatible DAC, your phone will only output 16/44.

I don't think they mean to say you should avoid an audio jack output from an external DAC. But what exactly are they trying to say? That any headphone adapter with a built-in DAC will resample the output to 16/44.1?  The English is not a clear translation. Perhaps the original French is just as confusing, but poor translations often misuse "the".

15 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I literally do not know how to make this any more clear. They are saying that unless you use a digital output, your phone will only output 16/44. The camera connection kit uses USB (digital) and thus does not resample to 16/44.

The first sentence is clear enough. It's the second one that confused @kmp6156 and I find the language translation issue interesting ("the" vs. "le"). The phone does not output music via USB without some sort of DAC or headphone adapter with a built-in DAC, right?

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Right, that is exactly what the camera connection kit does. it puts music out via USB so you can plug it into a DAC and get hi-res music out of it.

I get that. Then the next sentence says "If you are directly using the jack audio output it will limit to a quality close to CD 16-bit / 44.1 kHz".  That sentence needs help, or better yet should be deleted. If you're not interested in translation and localization, fine, let's drop it but I'm having fun here.

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Sorry for this issue, gapless will be fix today in the v5.0.2 release. This new release is also available for Web Player and will come in few hours for desktop. Hope you will enjoy the new design for release, playlist and artist page.

Regards

Updated to 5.0.2, and will test. I'm hoping the Windows app gets a bit less resource-intensive too. I still like the Qobuz app and service better, but on very very slow machines (like Celeron) the Tidal app is more zippy.

17 minutes ago, curtpenn said:

Still confused about this. I have unlimited data so I stream music through my iPhone both at home to an Airport Express and mostly while in the car through Car Play (mostly because I prefer Waze for navigation and can only use it through Car Play). I believe Tidal also allows me to download and save to my iPhone, but I've never needed to use that since I have unlimited data streaming via cell phone.

Same thing in Qobuz. The iOS app is compatible with CarPlay, and with it you can stream or you can import to your Offline Library for offline listening. That library is not the same as a library of purchased downloads, which you would own even if you deleted your app and closed your account.