IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Facebook Instagram Stories hijacks Qobuz share menu

For years I have used the wonderful feature of using "share" to "send" a track or album to BubbleUPnP. It takes a couple of taps and is a little laggy, but no complaints. Today, when I "share", an extra menu step is introduced offering me "Facebook stories" and "Instagram stories" and then "more". Nasty!! 

The result is that sending tracks to BUPP is now slow and needs three taps. 

This seems to be a Qobuz thing - it was happening on two of my (Android) phones, but not my (Android) tablet. When I updated the tablet's Qobuz app, it started happening there also.

What a nasty imposition! Like standing in line, and Meta elbowing their way in front of you without even an "excuse me". Is anyone else aware of this, and@David Craffable to stop it?

1 minute ago, Mark Dirac said:

Facebook Instagram Stories hijacks Qobuz share menu

For years I have used the wonderful feature of using "share" to "send" a track or album to BubbleUPnP. It takes a couple of taps and is a little laggy, but no complaints. Today, when I "share", an extra menu step is introduced offering me "Facebook stories" and "Instagram stories" and then "more". Nasty!! 

The result is that sending tracks to BUPP is now slow and needs three taps. 

This seems to be a Qobuz thing - it was happening on two of my (Android) phones, but not my (Android) tablet. When I updated the tablet's Qobuz app, it started happening there also.

What a nasty imposition! Like standing in line, and Meta elbowing their way in front of you without even an "excuse me". Is anyone else aware of this, and@David Craffable to stop it?

Hi, Yes this is a new feature to share your listening on Instagram or Meta as a Story. This is the first step of this addon. I understand that is complicated now for you but don't worry we are working on a new way to display all share options on the first screen...

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

19 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Thanks for letting us know David. I can now stop wasting time on investigating what is going on (50 minutes incl. my post.)

Please don't fall into the trap of pandering to every IT nerd's latest Big Idea. One of the the big attractions of Qobuz is its avoidance of gimmick. People are always saying that what they want to do is to enjoy music, not to be distracted by IT B*****ks. And this is exactly what you are doing here. The added value of being able to share a track to Meta is negligible, but the cost is that it has ruined my afternoon of music, and slows down every future attempt to share a track or album in true hires (BUPP) on Android.

+1 !!! Even more so, +1,000 if one person were allowed to …

I can well see Qobuz's younger/future market being interested in sharing what they're listening to on social media. As @David Craff has said, the goal (hopefully soon) is to make sharing a one step process with all options displayed, including the one mentioned here as more desirable. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

16 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

For those interested in trying to picture this, here's a screenshot of the new "share" step...

image.thumb.jpeg.ffb4456882cb89397a6e043b2416490f.jpeg

The issue is, that the "Sharing to BubbleUPNP" ALWAYS was a Workaround to enable some bits of compatibility to UPNP streamers. I have to say, the "Sharing" Implementation here is according to the most sharing implementations including IOS and Android and does what is expected and implements the proper User Interface. So the Edge Case is the "Sharing to BubbleUPNP". This all because a proper "QOBUZ Connect" Implementation is for so long missing. I know its a big undertaking and also to manage the manufacturers and the endpoint implementations of a lot of devices, but it is long due and I hope for the best. I am sorry for the change in UX experience Marc, but I have to say, this implementation of UI is as it should be and only progresses to help integrating Qobuz more into social networks thus make it a stronger brand. Output selection should be on the output selection part and not in the sharing section. So I hope for us all that Qobuz Connect will surface soon and Streamers will widely support it like they do with Roon, Spotify and Tidal. That would be the best outcome! I for my part already informed Cambridge, my Streamer brand, of the efforts and suggested them to contact Qobuz early on. I suggest you do the same with your brand, we as consumers can speed this up with our demands. 

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have to say, jumping on the social network bandwagon makes the brand weaker in many people’s eyes. It’s the Walmart-ification, to attract the masses, rather than super serve the dedicated customers that actually care about quality over quantity. 

Even Meta sees that Facebook isn’t what it used to be and can’t attract a younger audience, thus the Metaverse. Nobody younger wants to be a part of a club that their parents are in. 

Its not only that. Its a UX/UI standard which links the sharing button to sharing options. Wether it is Mail, Messages or a plethora of other apps which register as sharing destination in the respective OS. This must be consistent from a UX perspective. Output should not be found under sharing. Thats the only thing I state here. 

1 minute ago, atlasheavy said:

Its not only that. Its a UX/UI standard which links the sharing button to sharing options. Wether it is Mail, Messages or a plethora of other apps which register as sharing destination in the respective OS. This must be consistent from a UX perspective. Output should not be found under sharing. Thats the only thing I state here. 

Totally agree that it doesn’t make sense to have output in sharing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have to say, jumping on the social network bandwagon makes the brand weaker in many people’s eyes. It’s the Walmart-ification, to attract the masses, rather than super serve the dedicated customers that actually care about quality over quantity. 

Even Meta sees that Facebook isn’t what it used to be and can’t attract a younger audience, thus the Metaverse. Nobody younger wants to be a part of a club that their parents are in. 

And the next bad / even worse step would be TikTok … You know, there‘s a difference between loyal and demanding customers of Qobuz like us and those young social media hoppers.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

2 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

And the next bad / even worse step would be TikTok … You know, there‘s a difference between loyal and demanding customers of Qobuz like us and those young social media hoppers.

So is it parents who young people don’t want to join, or is it “young social media hoppers”? If we’re going to generalize, can we at least agree on who to stereotype? 😉

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Ropet said:

I guess this this is a question between generations. My grandchildren is far away from my childhood in all aspects. To get them change their lifestyle and preferences to the one I grow up with will never succeed. It was the same with my generation growing up in the 50’s/60’s. We marked a big ”No thank you” for almost everything that came from our parent generation.

Personally I have no need for any app ”telling” me what to listen to. This is a search I manage myself in music magazine, from dedicated music channels in radio and from friends. It works well on my music (classical and jazz) and it keep up a social life with people I know and new friends I meet. I have no app for my turntable or tape recorders either. 2-3 years ago I erased FB and Twitter from my account. I still use Instagram for my family and closest friend and Internet. For the rest I use SMS, phone and e-mails which I think is enough. Apps and programs like Roon is not for me. I hate recommendations and/or fingerpointing based on that all my steps in life is watched by someone else who want to take controll of or influence my life. Messages like ”How did your find your shopping at X today? - Please answer the survey and win a weekend in Copenhagen” - I hate it. 

On the other side, I’m retired and I will not set the agenda for the future. This is up to the new generations. I hope that they will find a good balance between Ai and human quality of life. As many times before, it offers opportunities as well as threats like the digital evolution so far. It has both ups and downs depending on who you are. A lot can and will happen that will also influence Ai. At least, this is what I think.

Great post! I have the same sentiment regarding many of the points mentioned regarding the topic of Qobuz developing towards - hmm, where.

Off topic: By the way, what a nice coincidence: I‘m going to retire very soon myself. Already during the past weeks and months of getting accustomed to that thought and everything related, I started to feel the need again for more of the ”old-school“ cultural surroundings, in particular in music. And, next coincidence, classical and jazz are my favorites, too, plus what is called adult rock as well as blues.

On another note: I‘d like to repeat one thing I have said before every so often: What I would like to get from Qobuz - actually the record companies - is to give us the CD booklets as pdf‘s for all albums where the music contents deserve the full information. Some progress with pdf’s could be observed recently, but it’s not even close to what it should be. What is needed for this goal is strong advocacy towards the record companies.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:59 AM, David Craff said:

The next step, and I hope it will come quickly so as not to offend you too much, will be to put forward all the sharing features available on Qobuz, in a single window with (if possible) the highlighting (top of the list) of the last used shares.

Here's hoping that it'll come before the fourth anniversary of when I first "demanded" it 😀:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=951675

image.thumb.png.2063d7c90ef00468e613858efcf97566.png 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox