IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

2 hours ago, biosailor said:

Qobuz, since recently, has its own forum named Qobuz Club. Maybe you want to have a look?

https://community.qobuz.com

One more question, please: I see they want username/password to enter the club. My first intuition of course is to NOT use my subscription credentials, but invent something new. Would the latter restrict my usage of the club in any way? Thanks in advance.

36 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

One more question, please: I see they want username/password to enter the club. My first intuition of course is to NOT use my subscription credentials, but invent something new. Would the latter restrict my usage of the club in any way? Thanks in advance.

I, too, don't use my subscription credentials. So you're free to use whatever log in credentials you want to use to have access to Qobuz Club.

3 hours ago, biosailor said:

I, too, don't use my subscription credentials. So you're free to use whatever log in credentials you want to use to have access to Qobuz Club.

Dear biossailor -- Thanks for letting us know about this!  Two questions, if you will:

1) When I tried to create a new account (twice with different credentials), the site told me only "Account Not Created," which I thought was pretty unhelpful.  I suspect that they recognize the email address from my existing Qobuz account and want me to use those credentials.  (And when I tried to log in with my those, it told me that I must agree to share my credentials with "Circle," whoever they are.)  How did you make this work?  Use a different email address?

2) Have you found anything useful in the "Qobuz Club" in the way of troubleshooting or help using Qobuz, that for which people seem to have been using this forum?

Regards -- JCW6

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

1) I must admit I THOUGHT I had used different log in credentials than the one from my Qobuz subscription. Now I am not so sure anymore …

2) The forum is very recent. My impression is that there are not yet many tech savvies around to go deeply into the technicalities of Qobuz...

Dear Br -- Thanks for that reply!

For you and others who might not want to share your Qobuz account credentials with the Qobuz Club, I can now confirm that it's not necessary.  I used a different email account and a new password, screen name, DOB, etc. to create a new account in the club, and allowed it to access those credentials.   (I didn't even have to confirm my email address!)  It appears to work fine.

I didn't find the "Help and Questions" space until I did a search for "help," but this one appears most likely to have the kind of help I am seeking.  Take a look if you haven't already. -- JCW6

Hi, I’ve tried searching here and elsewhere but can’t find a recent clear answer. I have a WiiM Pro and would like to know if I can use ChromeCast from the Qobuz app and achieve gapless playback? Or is gapless playback using ChromeCast a non starter for Qobuz no matter the end device?

Google Cast has no mechanism for supporting the gapless playback of the individual audio file tracks that are being streamed. The workaround is to use a go between that can provide the audio as a continuous stream for Google Cast to stream instead of the individual audio file tracks themselves.

There are a few Qobuz client applications out there that are capable of doing this for Chromecast streamers, notably Audirvana, Roon and the Logitech Media Server. Note - none of these applications can interact with Qobuz's own applications so you can only use their own user interfaces to select Qobuz's tracks (for gapless playback and casting of the resulting audio output to Chromecast streamers).  

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 2/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, 111MilesToGo said:

@David Craff: Dear David, I know you and your team must be busy these days in the field of technology, in particular with networking. Nevertheless, I would like to bring a desire of mine to you, concerning all apps on all operating systems, and it is related to the users' GUI experience.

I would like to be able to sort my Favorites (under My Qobuz) MANUALLY ON MY OWN, ACCORDING TO MY OWN KIND OF SORT ORDER. This ”My own ordering“ should be available IN ADDITION to the existing ones like ”by date added“, ”by artist“, ”by album“.

Such a new sort order could work in much the same way as manually sorting Favorites (Bookmarks) in Safari on an iPhone.

My reason behind this feature request: While the existing sort orders by date added or by two metadata are fine on their own, they do not cover my preference. I would like to sort my favorite albums in the same way I sort my CDs on the shelf. My sorting does not look like any average record store.

Examples for my sort order for albums:

- Jazz and rock:

— First, by artist’s LAST name (not first name)

— Second, albums chronologically by recording date or date of first release

— Third, for one album, chronologically by releases

- Classical:

— First, by composer‘s LAST name

— Second, by type of work; e.g. symphonies, solo concertos, solo instruments, small groups, vocal

— Third, within each type of work, by opus numbers, by releases etc

Anyway, all that is very individual, the more so in case of OCDs …

I would be very grateful if you would please consider to make such an additional feature to sort favorite albums manually available in your apps - at some time in the future. I know it‘s a huge task and - as far as I am aware - an industry first. But I feel it would be very user-oriented. Think of Apple‘s sorting of Safari Bookmarks, which works almost 98%; it only fails under certain circumstances with iCloud synchronization.

Thanks a lot in advance. Please feel free to ask me anything in that regard.

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, I will forward it to the product manager who works on the "My Qobuz" project to manage your Qobuz library.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:34 PM, dip said:

Hi

Is this only/official way to get support from Qobuz?

I'm on a trial at the moment and seriously considering signing up.

Have posted a question with my email as chat was not available at the time last weekend

no response so far.

today said chat will be back on Tuesday....

Not impressed with this lack of support.

My question if anyone knows is;

I have a trial under one email address.

I have an account/email address (different from above) under which I purchased some music from a previous trial a while back..

Is it possible to move those purchases to another email account or can I just change the email for that account.

D

Hello,

Sorry, our support team has been small for some time and our new chat tool is working so well that the team is not able to answer all the requests efficiently. We are currently recruiting to reinforce the team. In the meantime, please be patient, you will get an answer to your request but it will take more time than normal.

Sincerely

On 2/10/2023 at 5:34 PM, dip said:

Hi

Is this only/official way to get support from Qobuz?

I'm on a trial at the moment and seriously considering signing up.

Have posted a question with my email as chat was not available at the time last weekend

no response so far.

today said chat will be back on Tuesday....

Not impressed with this lack of support.

My question if anyone knows is;

I have a trial under one email address.

I have an account/email address (different from above) under which I purchased some music from a previous trial a while back..

Is it possible to move those purchases to another email account or can I just change the email for that account.

D

Hi

This is not possible to move your purchases to another account. In your case, you can finish the trial in the other account and if you want to continue with Qobuz, do it on the account with the purchases. You can use Soundiiz to migrate your favorite, playlist etc.. to this account.

Regards

On 2/13/2023 at 12:29 AM, thegios said:

@David Craff so... Since you confirmed that Qobuz app is still using Android audio driver, I believe that USBPP is the only way when listening via wired headphones connected to USB port via an HiRes DAC (acting as a usbc-jack converter). When using wireless headphones, being BT compressed, Qobuz app is still more convenient.

Still trying to understand what's the best way to stream to my Marantz though, since you confirmed that Qobuz direct on Marantz/Denon is still a dream

1. Bubble UpNp: equivalent to HEOS, for which Qobuz is still lacking support. Bit perfect cos the app just acts as a commander to the Marantz for streaming the song directly from Qobuz server. GUI not as nice as Qobuz app, mainly for the home page with Qobuz suggestions, news, playlists etc.

2. mConnect: same as above in theory, but I cannot make mConnect find the Marantz.

3. Qobuz app streaming on integrated Chromecast of my Shield TV, connected to Marantz. In theory this should be bit perfect: Qobuz app download the song that is then sent via Google cast to the shield. There shouldn't be any sampling/bit limitation (the Chromecast audio had this): if I stream a 24/192 song this way, the Marantz says it's receiving indeed  24/192 file and not a 24/96. Pro is using original Qobuz app, but it's more cumbersome.

4. Qobuz app sharing with Bubble UpNp. This is something I discovered recently: start playing a song in Qobuz app, click on share, choose Bubble UpNp. Been told this is bit perfect, but I'm not sure. The pro of option 1 is that there's nothing going from phone to the Marantz, the song is downloaded directly by Marantz from Qobuz server. Not sure if sharing from Qobuz app to Bubble UpNp is the same, or if so g is downloaded by qobuz app from server, then sent to Bubble UpNp that stream to Marantz.

Hi,

Only a few comments for point 3 : 

Qbouz App will remote the Qobuz Google Receiver. And send him the link to the audio file. So this is not Qobuz App that downloaded the song but the Qobuz Google Receiver, used by the Chromecast.

The audio quality is "bit perfect" but the Google Cast Protocol is limited to 24Bit-96kHz even if you select 192kHz in our application.

Bubble UPnP and MConnect are good choices for you.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:33 PM, JCW6 said:

Do other Qobuz representatives besides David Craff visit this thread?

David was regular contributor in January but has not appeared since 1/21/23. -- JCW6

Hi Sorry

Lot's of thing to manage, like the Bristol HiFi Show and lot's of project. But I'm here as much as I can.

3 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Only a few comments for point 3 : 

Qbouz App will remote the Qobuz Google Receiver. And send him the link to the audio file. So this is not Qobuz App that downloaded the song but the Qobuz Google Receiver, used by the Chromecast.

The audio quality is "bit perfect" but the Google Cast Protocol is limited to 24Bit-96kHz even if you select 192kHz in our application.

Bubble UPnP and MConnect are good choices for you.

Still strange that when using Google Cast the amp says 192KHz and not 96KHz

On 3/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, Brantome said:

Hi, I’ve tried searching here and elsewhere but can’t find a recent clear answer. I have a WiiM Pro and would like to know if I can use ChromeCast from the Qobuz app and achieve gapless playback? Or is gapless playback using ChromeCast a non starter for Qobuz no matter the end device?

Hi,

Google Cast & Chromecast are not gapless devices. Even if you use the Qobuz app. The only way to get gapless with Chromecast is with Roon. This software creates and manages a single audio flux. So there is no need to switch from one track to another, no lag, etc... And this works even if the device is not gapless.

I just noticed today that Qobuz desktop player for Windows is downsampling tracks. I'm playing 24/48 tracks and then switching to a 24/96 file and the display on my DAC reads 48. Using Wasapi exclusive audio out. Then I switch to Audirvana to stream Qobuz and it plays the tracks in the correct sampling rate, so it is not my PC or my DAC that is the problem, if that were the case then the problem would be replicated whether streaming with Qobuz player or Audirvana player.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

11 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I just noticed today that Qobuz desktop player for Windows is downsampling tracks. I'm playing 24/48 tracks and then switching to a 24/96 file and the display on my DAC reads 48. Using Wasapi exclusive audio out. Then I switch to Audirvana to stream Qobuz and it plays the tracks in the correct sampling rate, so it is not my PC or my DAC that is the problem, if that were the case then the problem would be replicated whether streaming with Qobuz player or Audirvana player.

MY MISTAKE. I thought I had the output set to Wasapi exclusive but it was set to Wasapi non exclusive so my PC was downsampling the stream. I switched it to Wasapi exclusive and it now plays tracks at the proper sampling rate.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

3 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Tinnitus Andronicus I may be wrong but you should use ASIO instead of WASAPI

MY MISTAKE. I thought I had the output set to Wasapi exclusive but it was set to Wasapi non exclusive so my PC was downsampling the stream. I switched it to Wasapi exclusive and it now plays tracks at the proper sampling rate.

I wonder if my settings got switched to some default configuration with a recent app update? I was sure my player was set to wasapi exclusive and streaming up to 192 and I discovered that it was set to regular wasapi and 96 streaming. Got to remember to check settings after next update.

I am a member of Qobuz Club FWIW.