IGNORED

Any other ALEXA users out there?

I have toyed with ALEXA a lot in the past, but on cybermonday they had several deals, and i picked up 3 of the ALEXA 10 tablets to control my house and skype with daughter.

Below is a list of my most common commands, but i just found out that i can use it to control jriver....pretty COOL!  Will be configuring this sometime within the week.

oh, here are the list of frequently used and example commands i use:

Turn on lights/Turn off lights

·      Turn off tree

·      Turn off frog

·      Turn off Lady

·      Turn off silver lamp

·      Turn off lights

Set lady or “silver lamp” to purple, green, red, blue warm white, daylight, cool white or any color

Dim (or brighten) lady (or silver lamp) 50%

Add “any text you want to send to your text and email” to your todo list *1

Alexa: volume 1 (can be any volume 1-10)

Alexa: set thermostat to 72

Alexa: lock the front door

Alexa: Set timer to 10 minutes / Turn timer off

Alexa: skype shayna

Alexa: call deb

Play klove radio station

Shuffle playlist jazz

Play relaxing music or sleep music

Next song

Volume up/down

Stop Music

What is the weather

Play     K Y X Y   RADIO

Play    K S O N  RADIO

The new Marantz AVR's are ALEXA enabled, so i may have to buy another one to use as a preamp to my mcintosh....

I bought the SR5012 mainly for it's ability to stream DSD natively, but I found they had a bug which i reported to marantz.

They confirmed my finding and said they hope to have it fixed by FEB.  Anyway, i sent it back just in case they don't get it working properly...i never got around to trying the HEOS with it with Alexa, but I plan on buying another one once they fix the bugs....

http://marantz.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5930/~/what-alexa-voice-commands-support-the-heos-home-entertainment-skill%3F

On 12/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, mansr said:

Alexa, goddammit, do what I asked for once.

Yes!!!

She never listens, just like a woman(I’m sure I’ll get in trouble for this one). ;)

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On December 17, 2017 at 7:46 PM, JS21 said:

Yes!!!

She never listens, just like a woman(I’m sure I’ll get in trouble for this one). ;)

Not from me. I eschew this gyna-centric society that we find ourselves in these days, and am not a whole-hearted admirer of woman kind. I enjoy the company of ladies, and physical relationships with them, but other than that, I have little use for women, and I am interested in female companionship (on any but a very superficial level) not at all.You are right, women never listen to anything other than what they want to hear.

George

Hi George,

You will never be accused of being politically correct!

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

I bought 4 Alexa shows!  Love them!  3 for me (office, kitchen, nightstand) and 1 for my daughter! 

I have expanded my commands! 

single command, video call daughter!

Also can use as speaker phone, Alexa call 858-111-1234 or Alexa call wife, etc...

Updated list, and new skills added all the time using IFTT (if this then that)...

Turn on lights/Turn off lights

Turn off tree

Turn off frog

Turn off Lady

Turn off silver lamp

Turn off lights (turns off all 4 lights above)

Set lady or “silver lamp” to purple, green, red, blue warm white, daylight, cool white or any color

Dim (or brighten) lady (or silver lamp) 50%

Messaging

Alexa:email a message

Alexa: call wife

Alexa: show me my contacts

Alexa: drop in to kitchen

Alexa: answer or hangup

Alexa:play my messages

Alexa:call 858-111-2222

Note: You can modify your phone contacts here: https://contacts.google.com/ and they will be updated on your phone contacts you re-open both on computer and phone.  After an hour or so they will be updated in your amazon contacts if you have alexa app setup correctly to use your gmail contacts.

MUSIC

·        Play top 40 music

·        play music by [artist]

·        play album _______

·        Play Christian music

·        Alexa, play [playlist] on Spotify

·        Play meditation music with no lyrics

·        Shuffle Nature Sounds for Relaxation

.      Play Classical Piano

.      Play chill jazz

·        Play     K Y X Y   RADIO

·        Play    K S O N  RADIO

·        Play klove radio station

·        For other music playlists see https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Music-Playlists/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A8335758011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A7755788011

Alexa:  volume 3 (can be any volume 1-10)

Alexa: Next song

Alexa: Stop Music

KITCHEN

How many oz in a cup

What is 12 multiplied by 5

Set timer to 10 minutes / Turn timer off

MISCELLANIOUS

Alexa: Todo List (it will prompt you what you want to add to your todo list and then email your todo list) *1

Alexa: set thermostat to 72

What is the weather

Whats in the news

Set Alarm clock

Stop listening (or press button)

show my calendar

add event to my calendar

drop in kitchen camera

Show front door camera

amazon show front door camera

show me a recipe

Message another Echo user: "Alexa, message [name]" or "Alexa, send [name] a message."

Drop in on kitchen

"Alexa, buy more deodorant

Alexa, track my order."

Add an item to your cart: "Alexa, add garbage bags to my cart."***

Order an Uber or Lyft with their skills: "Alexa, ask Uber to request a ride" or, "Alexa, ask Lyft for a ride."

Alexa, what are your deals?"

what are my notifications?

Alexa, create a to-do

Alexa, what are my reminders this weekend?" or "Alexa, what reminders do I have tomorrow?"

"Alexa, what's traffic like?"

Alexa, tell me about the movie [title].

Alexa lock the front door

Alexa, trigger [IFTTT

Ask a general question: "Alexa, how many people live in America?"

Television

• Control Fire TV: "Alexa, [pause, play, resume, stop, fast-forward, rewind] on Fire TV."
  • Search movies or TV: "Alexa, search for [movie to TV show title] on Fire TV" or "Alexa, find [movie or TV show title] on Fire TV."
  • Find work by a certain actor: "Alexa, show me titles with [actor] on Fire TV."
  • Open apps: "Alexa, open [app name] on Fire TV" or "Alexa, launch [app name] on Fire TV."
  • Return home: "Alexa, return home."

Fire TV Edition televisions

Amazon also builds its Fire TV operating system into televisions like the Element EL4KAMZ17 series. All of the commands above work on those too, in addition to a few TV-specific commands below.

• Turn on or off the TV: "Alexa, turn on Fire TV" or "Alexa, turn off Fire TV."
  • Change the volume of Fire TV: "Alexa, set the volume to [level] on Fire TV" or "Alexa, turn [up/down] the volume on Fire TV."
  • Mute Fire TV: "Alexa, [mute/unmute] Fire TV."
  • Change the channel when watching an antenna: "Alexa, go to [channel or network name] on Fire TV."
  • Change inputs: "Alexa, switch to PlayStation on Fire TV" or "Alexa, switch to HDMI 1 on Fire TV."
  • Open antenna program guide: "Alexa, open TV guide on Fire TV."

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Hi George,

You will never be accused of being politically correct!

I certainly hope so. It is my purpose to always be politically incorrect. This is supposed to be free country, and as such, there should be room for all points of view in any discussion. As soon as someone starts playing the Political Correctness card against me (or anyone for that matter) they are abridging the 1st Amendment rights of anyone that card is being used against. I won't have it!

George